Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702293 times)

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness

Guys, something's just occured to me

Anything goes, but if you take an idea from here, you have to credit the thread.

Has anyone actually done this ever
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Nope.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Most likely because not many people take ideas from here. At least as far as I can tell.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

Guys, something's just occured to me

Anything goes, but if you take an idea from here, you have to credit the thread.

Has anyone actually done this ever

I don't know as I've ever taken an idea from here that I didn't pitch myself- Haunted Mansion: Better Name Needed RTD will be the first. I may or may not credit this thread, I don't know as it needs the publicity. I'll certainly credit Baldman, without whom my current round of terrible decisions would not be possible.

There has to be a trophy room, definitely. And the cellar has to have lots of wine in it.

Also, what's that red triangular unmarked space? Just bricked up or a chimney?

Finally, that's going to be a pretty unusual-looking mansion.

From looking at floorplans online, weird angles like that tend to get squared off just to keep the room from having a ludicrously sharp corner. I'm sure it's used for pipes and electricity and the like and nothing sinister at all, I promise. *cough*

There is a certain logic behind the shape of the Mansion, which may or may not be explained in play.

Should probably have a creepy faces room. Hallway full of paintings, room full of busts, just anything that's probably supposed to be classy or cultured but makes you wonder why they would ever make something like this during a rainstorm.

And yes, definitely a trophy room. Maybe even two! One for tribal relics and possibly strange puzzle boxes, another for stuffed animal heads that staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare at you while you're trying to enjoy the fire in your big red chair. Also a musket over the mantlepiece, naturally.
Should probably have a creepy faces room. Hallway full of paintings, room full of busts, just anything that's probably supposed to be classy or cultured but makes you wonder why they would ever make something like this during a rainstorm.

And yes, definitely a trophy room. Maybe even two! One for tribal relics and possibly strange puzzle boxes, another for stuffed animal heads that staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare at you while you're trying to enjoy the fire in your big red chair. Also a musket over the mantlepiece, naturally.
Ugh, no trophy room can be a trophy room without that plush red carpet and the sidetable for that nice mug you've always been wanting to drink from but couldn't.

Also, a glass case. Because nothing is better to display your possessions than a breakable glass case!

Yesssss. Upstairs will definitely have a creepy painting hallway, and I think I'll stuff the Study and Lounge with all that crazy 1900's Eldritch Gentleman Adventurer crap. I'm currently working on detailing descriptions of each room and the contents within.

Maybe an indoor pool, sauna, or jacuzzi? Something of that nature, anyway.

The first draft had the Ballroom actually being an indoor swimming pool, which is why the main toilets are next to it. Ultimately decided to go with the stuffier rich guy equivalent to play up how old the Mansion is.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile

Alright, Roll to Time Travel has been posted. :)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

Hmm... One thing about old mansion rooms is that the kitchen is huge but the actual cooking space is compact compared to the EXTRAVAGANT dining hall.

You know, the Old Chateau in Pokemon (gen IV) had a nice little easter egg. The dining room had a ghost appear, then you went and searched the trash can- got an antidote. You could also get a healing item, some kind of food I think.

It leads you to think that the people who dined there were poisoned.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

So, I'm going to be starting up the Maicka RTD soon, and, as OREOSOME has Pre-Inned, he gets first choice on robe when I put the thread up. The actual game will likely take a bit to actually start up, as I'll have to make a few maps, in order to show who is where, etc., etc.

But the real reason I'm here is to ask how one would make a poll?
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

Depends on what you want to do. Just remember that you never ever will get rid of it.

Anyway, about pitching ideas.

Over the top: A trench RTD.

Four soldiers, their captain and their leutenant need to try and survive the horrific conditions of the trenches. World War I was a disastrous war, but no fate is a more certain death than being sent over the top to attack the enemy lines. Aside from not being send to their death's, all characters need to accomplish another goal. Finding something to eat (rat), finding something edible to eat (probably rat), or even finding something tasty to add (rat with pepper and salt) or other nessicities for human survival.

Organisation is similair to Iawatooshort's Priest RTD. Each episode, there's one captain, a leuitenant and four soldiers. Points can be accumulated, and hopefully you won't get shot.

PN: Blackadder

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

Yes ebbor that sounds nice and is a good idea.

And I also thought aha Blackadder.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've seen poor lawas spelt that way several times, so just in case anyone forgets, it's LAwastooshort.

Because la was too short of a username.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile

heehee thank you ffs. I'm too polite to tell anyone myself ;)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Over the top: A trench RTD.

Four soldiers, their captain and their leutenant need to try and survive the horrific conditions of the trenches. World War I was a disastrous war, but no fate is a more certain death than being sent over the top to attack the enemy lines. Aside from not being send to their death's, all characters need to accomplish another goal. Finding something to eat (rat), finding something edible to eat (probably rat), or even finding something tasty to add (rat with pepper and salt) or other nessicities for human survival.

Organisation is similair to Iawatooshort's Priest RTD. Each episode, there's one captain, a leuitenant and four soldiers. Points can be accumulated, and hopefully you won't get shot.

PN: Blackadder

Sounds interesting. The waitlist turnover time would probably be fast because even if guys are injured seriously they'd have to be taken off.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

I sort of want to run a futuristic moonshining game.

Different locations offer different bonuses/challenges, and players in the same location can help each other... or hinder them if they really wanted to, but that's bad for business.

Three different systems in the game can be upgraded/added to to make your still the best.
1.Stealth. This determines how detectable your still is, and how likely it is to be found if there's anyone in the area.

2. Weapons. If your still is found or depending on threat on your "embark", you'll probably have to fight for it rather than go to jail. You're just as well armed as the police, if not better, once you're really up and running.

3. The still itself. I don't know anything about a still other than it makes booze, and involves a coil where alcohol vapor goes through it and is cooled by water. That would require studying. However, the futuristic setting allows for much more technology to be used, such as ice or even liquid nitrogen cooling, at the least.

---

The end result is a run of moonshine. Each part of the still affects the alcohol, and the end product is named and given a number depending on run (01 being the first, 02 the next, etc.)

The goal is to not get caught and save up enough money to open a "legitimate" distillery.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

The goal is to not get caught and save up enough money to open a "legitimate" distillery.
If you can open a legitimate distillery than why would people want to buy a product that could make them go blind?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

If you can open a legitimate distillery than why would people want to buy a product that could make them go blind?
Cigarettes are legal.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 661