Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702143 times)

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #8535 on: October 16, 2014, 04:54:17 pm »

Also when your opponent rolls a 1 or 2 on the to hit table, and you roll a 3 or higher on the dodge/block roll, you get off a free parry.
I would say here that if it's a 1 or 2 the requirement should be a 4 and if it's a solid 1 then it can be a 3.

As for the new critical hit chance I think it's too high at the moment. Criticals should be critical to a fight and should be apparent in their relative rarity. Maybe decrease it to a 2 in 12 and up to a 4 in 12 with a +1 to crits.

Hmm. I see, thanks. Btw if you intent to hang around for a while or don't have anything to do would you like to help me with a few other issues regarding my rtd? If yes, then join the IRC chat #bay12rtd(Opening post has a link). If no, then i appreciate the help given anyway.
Durrr..

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #8536 on: October 16, 2014, 05:08:44 pm »

I'm willing to help and go on the IRC but the website is blocked because I'm at TAFE. I'll go on when I get home but I won't get home until like 5 hours from now. While I'm writing this, I would suggest turning the critical from a base 2 in 12 to a base 1 in 6 because D6's are a staple of RTDs and a +1 to crits will properly give a +1 rather than a +2 on a D12.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8537 on: October 17, 2014, 10:48:07 am »

Bloody hell, you people have revived #bay12rtd? I've been hoping for so long... so long. Oh, the memories.

Empty right now, though. But I believe.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8538 on: October 17, 2014, 12:58:59 pm »

What is this #bay12rtd and why have I only heard of it now?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8539 on: October 17, 2014, 01:06:25 pm »

It is in the first post. Webchat freenode, channel name #bay12rtd. Second question: it's been dead and buried for a long time... or so I thought.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8540 on: October 17, 2014, 01:08:44 pm »

What was it used for at the time that it was active?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8541 on: October 17, 2014, 01:16:01 pm »

What was it used for at the time that it was active?

Generally? RTD GMs came to discuss ideas and plans when they didn't feel like making a full Block post, though largely also to complain about their players and distract themselves when they should've been updating. And just to... hang out. GMs used to like talking.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #8542 on: October 17, 2014, 01:27:11 pm »

If I find the time to update I might come back and distract myself from updating a bit... Is it # or ##?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #8543 on: October 17, 2014, 02:00:12 pm »

I also registered a channel on darkmyst.org with the same name: #bay12rtd

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8544 on: October 17, 2014, 04:46:28 pm »

Doesn't look like it's getting revived. It might've been if I hadn't been at TAFE at the time. But I was. So I'm guessing it's not.

:-\
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8545 on: October 17, 2014, 04:51:07 pm »

We had a fair amount of people and good discussion on freenode earlier, actually. Very productive. I'd forgotten what it felt like.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8546 on: October 17, 2014, 04:57:36 pm »

nvm then!

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8547 on: October 20, 2014, 03:35:33 pm »

Hey guys, with the failure of my other RTD, through entirely my fault, I am trying to come up with a better way to run a RTD so that I can actually keep up with updates.

The lesson I learned from Etrian Odyssey RTD, is that I need to keep it simpler.  Even simpler than I thought I was doing.  I was thinking maybe a point system to give bonuses on actions.  Something like:

-Start with 3 points.
-A point is earned for excellent/hilarious posts.
-1 Point: +1 to a roll.
-X Points: Permanent +1 to a specific action
-More X Points: Permanent +1 to a category of actions.
-(Maybe) 1 Point: -1 to an enemy roll?  Depends how combat or whatever was organized.

So everything would be driven off of well written posts.  And beyond that rolls would be 1d6 or 2d6 depending on what kind of deviation I'm looking for.

EDIT:Oh also I forgot to mention players would probably start with some amount of +1 bonuses at char gen, to represent specialties.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 03:38:02 pm by Slayer1557 »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8548 on: October 20, 2014, 05:59:02 pm »

So a 'teach you to write good' Edutainment RTD?
Hell, I'd be down for that.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8549 on: October 20, 2014, 06:26:22 pm »

It's kind of inspired from the tabletop game "Exalted"s way of doing things.

Has anyone done a system like this?  How has it worked?  Any thoughts on tweaking it or price points for various things?
Pages: 1 ... 568 569 [570] 571 572 ... 661