Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 617 618 [619] 620 621 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702233 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #9270 on: November 16, 2015, 09:31:36 pm »

Um. Okay. Wow. That fast.
If we're going to do this, I recommend you familiarize yourself with the SCP foundation if you haven't already, then we can start game design discussion via PM.
(I envision something at least somewhat like(in game structure) the RTD Horrors game here.)
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Veritas

• Bay Watcher
  • monopoly money counterfeiter
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #9271 on: November 16, 2015, 09:33:48 pm »

Um. Okay. Wow. That fast.
If we're going to do this, I recommend you familiarize yourself with the SCP foundation if you haven't already, then we can start game design discussion via PM.
(I envision something at least somewhat like(in game structure) the RTD Horrors game here.)
Yeah, no worries, I'm familiar enough with the general way the SCP lore works. Besides, I can always look up specific SCPs if I need to.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9272 on: November 16, 2015, 09:35:43 pm »

Good. So... the main limitation to the game might be the fact that the Random SCP page choses something different after a minute of one result... that might result in slow generation.
Would you like to continue discussion on this thread, or move to PM?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Veritas

• Bay Watcher
  • monopoly money counterfeiter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9273 on: November 16, 2015, 10:06:39 pm »

Good. So... the main limitation to the game might be the fact that the Random SCP page choses something different after a minute of one result... that might result in slow generation.
Would you like to continue discussion on this thread, or move to PM?
Sure, PM me when possible.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9274 on: November 17, 2015, 06:01:39 pm »

You could just use a normal random number generator, using the SCPs' numbers.

Maybe you can have two players as leaders, and all of the other players as the agents that get to use the SCPs.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9275 on: November 17, 2015, 06:40:39 pm »

You could just use a normal random number generator, using the SCPs' numbers.
Yes. Good. Good idea.

Maybe you can have two players as leaders, and all of the other players as the agents that get to use the SCPs.

We're not going for this type of game, however. We're looking for something more like this. I'm glad for the suggestion, however.
Generic Arms Race.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9276 on: December 10, 2015, 05:42:41 pm »

I am thinking of starting an RTD based in the Star Wars universe. But I have an issue of getting bored with modding, and ending the game, but then wishing I hadn't later on. So I was wondering if someone would want to co-mod the game and take over when I get bored, then I take back over when they get bored, and so on?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #9277 on: December 10, 2015, 05:45:18 pm »

You have a system?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9278 on: December 10, 2015, 05:56:20 pm »

You have a system?
I'm working on it, but it's not done yet.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9279 on: December 10, 2015, 07:51:09 pm »

You have a system?
I'm working on it, but it's not done yet.
Isn't there a d20 system for Star Wars that already exists?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9280 on: December 10, 2015, 08:15:40 pm »

You're probably right, but they're trying to make an RtD. As for why it matters I can think of two differences

1. RtDs are easier to run

2. RtDs are more prone to the iconic "Bay12 insanity". It's incredible how sterile the regular forum games and role-playing section is. Of course, there is a need for serious games and I respect that.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9281 on: December 10, 2015, 08:21:59 pm »

The system I have in a nutshell is: All noncombat actions are based on a d6. Any skills that the character has in the area of that action get a +1 or +2 depending on skill. Each time an action is attempted, an 8 on a d8 will grant +1 skill in that area. Combat will be a simple heath vs damage with damage based on rolls with different weapons getting different damage ranges. Skills will also increase either accuracy for ranged weapons, or damage for melee weapons. There will also be a system for ship vs. ship fighting, but I haven't quite finished that yet.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9282 on: December 12, 2015, 01:23:57 pm »

Now that I have thought about it some more. I am thinking that I would have a signup for players, and one for people who want to mod the game. So it would be a community modded game with mods switching out when they run out of endurance, or after a long mission. How does that sound?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9283 on: December 12, 2015, 01:25:46 pm »

That's a pretty good idea.
Generic Arms Race.

Nunzillor

« Reply #9284 on: December 12, 2015, 01:27:17 pm »

Do it!
Pages: 1 ... 617 618 [619] 620 621 ... 661