Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 643 644 [645] 646 647 ... 661

Author Topic: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)  (Read 702534 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #9660 on: January 28, 2017, 06:21:12 pm »

Whoops! I already PM'd Digital Hellhound about it, and he just said the same thing. Guess I'll ask Fniff, then. The list is just SO vast, with so many unique possibilities. It is PERFECT for what I am planning, and I'd rather not reinvent the wheel. Besides, if there are things missing from the list that I'd want, I could add them on, whether to Fniff's list or in my own, personal version of it. Lastly, the game DH ran with the list was short-lived, and the generator deserves a second chance.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 06:29:35 pm by OceanSoul »
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roller's Block (RTD Brainstorming Thread) (HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY) (Derm is 5k)
« Reply #9661 on: January 28, 2017, 06:54:13 pm »

the game DH ran with the list was short-lived, and the generator deserves a second chance.

On my standards, it was surprisingly long-lived! And yeah, all too short. As always, I cannot for the life of me understand why I didn't pick it up again like I was supposed to.

Fniff's list needs more love, but a word of warning - the page gets hit by bizarre vandalism semi-frequently, though the list is always saved in the page history so it's easy to restore. Check out the revisions there if you want to see just how bizarrely!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9662 on: January 28, 2017, 07:08:36 pm »

..Does anyone know a website or something that could alphabetically organize a list of words? I feel like it would make the list a lot neater and easier to check for specific words. That way, I could figure out if a descriptor is on the list or not without having to look through all of it.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9663 on: January 28, 2017, 07:39:07 pm »

Speaking of Fniff's list: I made a loot generator that heavily utilizes his aspects list in order to be more compact.

Could I get 3 test subjects to horribly murderize each other and see how well it works?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9664 on: January 28, 2017, 07:41:44 pm »

..Does anyone know a website or something that could alphabetically organize a list of words? I feel like it would make the list a lot neater and easier to check for specific words. That way, I could figure out if a descriptor is on the list or not without having to look through all of it.

I'd be willing to make one in scratch (AKA lazy programming thing) if nobody else knows something along those lines. Should be reasonably simple.

Speaking of Fniff's list: I made a loot generator that heavily utilizes his aspects list in order to be more compact.

Could I get 3 test subjects to horribly murderize each other and see how well it works?

Sure.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9665 on: January 28, 2017, 07:53:55 pm »

Sign me up. Randomly generated loot was the inspiration for the first RTD I ever thought up. I probably won't put it up for a few months, but it's one of my favorites. Mind if I rate the generation, on a scale of 1 to Wwolin?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9666 on: January 28, 2017, 08:09:00 pm »

Go right ahead.

Whisperling's loot: A pair of good-quality headphones with a button on one side.
OceanSoul's loot: A bound spell book with a picture of a horseshoe on the front.

You'll see what they do when the fight starts.
Potential self-lethality: high.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9667 on: January 28, 2017, 08:19:12 pm »

Whose self-lethality?
Try to understand the contents of the book. Either cast something from the book in front of me or on myself, depending on the gut feeling I have from what I read.
Edit: That is, when the fight starts.
Edit2: When I first open the book, open it away from me, in case horses start racing out of it.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 08:35:25 pm by OceanSoul »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9668 on: January 28, 2017, 08:28:04 pm »

You still need another test subject?
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9669 on: January 28, 2017, 08:49:30 pm »

Whose self-lethality?
:P
You still need another test subject?
Beirus' loot: A man in a military uniform, wielding a rifle.
~~~
Three men appear in an arena. Only one can leave.

"Well? Get to it!"
Generic Arms Race.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9670 on: January 28, 2017, 08:58:36 pm »

Whose self-lethality?
Try to understand the contents of the book. Either cast something from the book in front of me or on myself, depending on the gut feeling I have from what I read.
Edit: That is, when the fight starts.
Edit2: When I first open the book, open it away from me, in case horses start racing out of it.
This, but try to identify the source of the voice, too.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9671 on: January 28, 2017, 09:03:12 pm »

Have rifleman tell me what he can do, then have him go shoot (or whatever lethal thing he does) one of the others Whisperling. Also hide behind him for cover if necessary.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 11:55:25 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9672 on: January 29, 2017, 11:11:39 am »

Hold out headphones, then hit the button. If the resulting music is safe to have right next to my ears, put it on. If not, Beirus looks like he could use some deadly relaxing tunes.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9673 on: January 29, 2017, 11:35:27 am »

Y'know, now that I think of it, It might be good test some of the Wild Magic, in case there are any glaring flaws in it, whether mechanically or in it's interpretation on either my or the players' ends. Would anyone be willing to do a test round with it? If you do, just pick a simple element/material/object/etc. as a True Aspect, which could be used without consuming it. For simplicity's sake, everyone would get a +1 to rolls for the magic, and a pool of 5, meaning that you would get 5 random consumable Aspects for use in spells.
To cast a spell, simply list several of your current Aspects and/or True Aspect, and make a spell that involves all of them. The Aspect is then lost, unless it is your True Aspect, and a new Aspect will be given to you at the end of the turn. Spells with more aspects are generally more powerful, but beyond 3-Aspect spells, each additional aspect carries a -1 to the potency of it.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 11:38:36 am by OceanSoul »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9674 on: January 29, 2017, 12:24:58 pm »

Ooh, meeeee!

Dibs on 'Magic'.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 643 644 [645] 646 647 ... 661