Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Pet armor  (Read 1957 times)

AdeleneDawner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pet armor
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2011, 02:38:45 pm »

If that was possible I'd totally do it. As is, it's 'truth' as in 'moment of truth', as in 'oh shit, the big bad got through my defenses, is the spider going to tag him before he tags the spider, or am I dead?'
Dying (ceasing to be alive) is also not a Moodable skill. Even totally unskilled Dwarves seem to do it correctly.

Ockad

• Bay Watcher
  • Take a look at my fine wares!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 02:54:20 pm »

Ah yes, got me thinking for a moment. An arachnid civ wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2011, 03:45:52 pm »

well you can't with out hacking.
the way it could be done is if you mod in the pet clothes(someone said it was based on race and not size) then use both Dfusion and DFMODE you get control of the creature and put on the items then swap back to Fortmode. Though the only real means of doing this is to give heavy set creatures really hazardous items like rocket launchers or miniguns.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2011, 09:25:49 am »

The only way I know to get armored animals is to have a civilization with armor as clothing and giving [EQUIPS] and possibly [INTELLIGENT] to a domestic creature. For example, trolls have regular clothes on them if you're playing  goblin fort. This will sometimes lead them to have masks, which work as armor to boot.
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2011, 01:58:29 pm »

does anyone know how training animals into war animals works?
turns "dog" into "war dog".
could someone use that as a template to turn "dog" into "Plate Mail War Dog" or whatever you want to use?

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2011, 02:16:51 pm »

does anyone know how training animals into war animals works?
turns "dog" into "war dog".
could someone use that as a template to turn "dog" into "Plate Mail War Dog" or whatever you want to use?

I think it just adds new stuff to pre-existing raws.
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

isabuea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2011, 02:23:55 pm »

would it be able to add oh you know, a tough metal exterior?
not exactly the most elegant method but turning an animals skin into metal would be a quick way to mimic armor
Pages: 1 [2]