Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: Drunkenwhims of Artifice - .25 succession fort  (Read 19727 times)

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Drunkenwhims of Artifice - .25 succession fort
« on: March 29, 2011, 10:00:20 pm »

I thought I would start one of my own. This is my first time organizing one of these.

Orken Berim
(Drunkenwhims of Artifice)

Requirements: .25+ Dwarf fortress

Rules:

2. Each turn is 1 year in game or 1 week real time, whichever comes sooner. (Extensions will be granted)

3. Reply to your turn in 48 hours or be skipped

Do note, that while there are few rules, this is not a very easy embark, with very little natural resources.

Player List
1:RTiger - Save
2:Alaric - Save
3:Dariush - Skipped
4:Naryar - Skipped
5:Joshua IX - Save
6:Thecko - Save
7:Will_Tuna -Skipped
8:Ghills - Save
9:JohnnyDigs - Skipped
10: Ahriman - Save
11: melkor - Save
12: noodle0117 - Skipped
13: Savolainen5
14: zdrock
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 09:43:32 am by RTiger »

Alaric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Drunkenwhims of Artifice - .25 succession fort
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 06:20:49 am »

this sounds fun. I'd like to join you if thats alright. put me down for turn 2 or 3.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 07:16:28 am »

Put me down for third turn, but only if at least several more people join.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 07:20:05 am »

Untamed wilds badlands ? Goodie.

Fourth turn please.

Joshua IX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 08:03:34 am »

I'd certainly like to have a turn :]
Whatever happens, make it ironic dwarfy magma.

Thecko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2011, 09:28:13 am »

Never done a succession fort before, so here i am, fresh on the forums, asking to be put on the list.

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 10:58:31 am »

1 Granite 3

A damned pile o rocks.

Yeah, I was given a leadership position by the home, and with six others, was sent off to make a new fortress, and where do they send us? Just a damned pile o rocks. I may not like the elves, tree hugging faeries if you ask me, but there is not a tree in sight here, not one. Hardly a spot of color at all here to be honest. Well, may as well get started... Drunkenwhims of Artifice... makes me wonder if the boys that picked this place were just as drunk as the name.

Well, no use complaining. Hand that woodcutter the mining pick, we won't need a woodcutter in this place.

14 Granite

Yeah, hardly a scrap of soil in sight. This will make farming easy. Well, there is chalk at least, so we can turn that into something useful, and there might even be a chance we got iron here also. Pah. I've laid out some basic plans. It looks like we are going to have to dig us a whole new river if we want to have good access to water. Build a tower cap farm and a plump helmet farm. Till then, guess we are sleeping on stone and not beds.

1 Slate

Well, I found an answer, but it will take some more digging. No wood for pumps, but we can set up a dual floodgate irrigation system. In the interm, I am glad we brought those birds and nest boxes. It will be enough of a foodsource, for now... I hope.

27 Slate

Dismantled the wagon, and started bringing the gear inside. Turned the wagon into three beds. It will need to be enough for now. The floodgates and levers are finished, we just need to wait for the miners.

1st Hematite

Initial digging is done, now working on storage rooms and what will be the bedrooms, but we only got three beds. Going to probably need to rely on the caravan for wood. Also starting to turn some of this stone into crafts. We are going to need something to trade.

22 Hematite

The floodgate system seems to have worked. Once some of the extra water has evaporated, we can start growing plump helmets, and with any luck, a few tower caps will grow also.

27 Hematite

Our first group of migrants showed up today. Among them an armorer, Weaponsmith, and woodcutter, as well as three peasants. Nothing we really need right now. One does have some skill in mechanics, so that can prove useful. With the farms up, I will have our farmer hand over the mining pick and give it to one of the recruits.

24 Malachite

Got up some fairly basic defence. Little more then a bridge over a gap, but it will be enough to keep invaders out should trouble come. With how barren the upper surface is, I don't see any issues. There is nothing of use up there anyway.

21 Galena

Plans for a well have been drawn up, and about time. We just ran out of booze. Last thing that is needed is too many thirsty dwarves. Getting food is tough enough, but we will manage.

End of Summer

bayar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 11:00:58 am »

Extra rule: you must play after drinking beer.

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 02:44:26 pm »

13 Timber

The season has been largely uneventful so far. While digging out an upper level, part of the cavern collapsed. Fortunately, nobody was hurt. In other news, the caravan has arrived. About bloody time they got here. They better have brought food, booze, and wood or so help me I am giving my axe a workout!

18 Timber

The weaponsmith has got all moody on us now. Bah, build the damn forge. We can always tear it apart later. He will probably want bars, and this caravan hopefully will have some.

24 Timber

So I told them whats what, requesting hens, wood, booze, cloth, nest boxes, and plump helmets. They want Seeds, Crutches, Headwear, Large Gems, Ammo, Shields, Figurines, Meat, Bars, and Legwear.

Yeah, yeah, head back to your comfortable home while we slave here.

There are thieves at the doorstep, but none of them are getting in.

2 Moonstone

What are they thinking, bringing only four barrels of booze, FOUR barrels, for all of us to last till the next caravan. I bought all the booze, wood, and food they had.

Well, we can build a few more beds, Not one for all of us. but three for twenty is just not enough.

6 Moonstone

Well, the smith made an artifact bronze warhammer. Not to bad.

30 Obsidian

And so ends the year. As agreed, I now turn over control to the next leader to come. All is stable, so far. It is my hopes that what I have began here will continue to hold for years to come.

The Levers have been (N)oted, saying what they do.

Will_Tuna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 06:06:33 pm »

Sign me up!
True story: In the year 2007: Surinder Singh Bajwa, the Deputy Mayor of Delhi, India, was warding off several Rhesus Macaque monkeys at his home and fell from a first-floor balcony, suffering serious head injuries. He later died from his injuries.

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2011, 10:14:31 pm »

Alarics turn. Save is in the OP

Alaric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 05:21:29 am »

1st Granite

It seems that our current leader has stepped down to focus on his more pressing tasks of manager and bookkeeper. I have taken upon myself to take the lead and bring this fortress into this year with a running start. My first order of business was to start turning our supply of plump helmets into the wine we need so desperately. I had to divert effort away from stonecrafts to pots to contain the beverages.

4th Granite

Exploratory mining has begun.

15th Granite

Exploratory mining has found us a cave. Persuasions are being taken to protect the fortress from invader from below.

26th Granite

A boy has been born.

28th Slate

Migrants have arrived. Word of our success out here must be highly exaggerated. These new migrants have more than doubled our population. Food shortages could be a problem. Among these we have an engraver, hunter, trapper, butcher, cook, glassmaker, and 4 warriors. The rest are peasants.

15th Felsite

Elven caravan has arrived. Outdoor training area is under construction for our new warriors to train at.

23rd Felsite

After days of haggling and negotiating a deal with the elves was finally met. We were able to attain all the wood they brought, plus a few barrels of exotic alcohol, and much needed supplies for the hospital.

4th Malachite

Both hunting and efficient farming as led to a surplus of food. Lavish meals are now being prepared for the dwarves. Two military squads have been formed. 4 dwarves each.

10th Malchite

Another batch of migrants have arrived. This time only seven. Other than an High Master Tanner, they seem to all be peasants.

23rd Malachite

One of our stoncrafters is acting strangely and appears to be possessed. He has claimed a Craftsdwarf's Workshop

2nd Galena

After days of crazed activity in the Craftsdwarf's Workshop Shorast Kulinkeskai appears holding Enshalanam, a useless gabbro scepter, with no recolection of the experience. Shame the spirit possessing him couldn't think of anything better to make.

13th Galena

It seems a human caravan has been seen arriving into our lands. I have dispatched some peasants to fill our depot will our finest stonecraft. Hopefully we shall be able to make a trade arrangement.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 06:01:12 am by Alaric »

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 07:52:35 am »

Remember to set d_int pop cap to 50

Alaric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 12:44:58 am »

wow im sorry i completely forgot to change my settings. we have 53 dwarves. If thats not ok i could have a few meet an untimely death if you want.

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2011, 01:09:44 am »

Your good, don't worry about it.

I set a pop limit to actually make things a little easier. As you have seen, trying to feed a full 200 in that fort would be quite a stretch
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14