Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Plant-based glazes... Why isn't this working?  (Read 5383 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Plant-based glazes... Why isn't this working?
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 05:25:33 pm »

Or to make the reaction reagents more specific?

And if I did this, is there any way to do it without needing seperate reactions for the magma glaze and laughing lacquer?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 06:53:27 pm »

And if I did this, is there any way to do it without needing seperate reactions for the magma glaze and laughing lacquer?

Well, I edited the reaction and tried to specifically target the laughing lacquer powder, and it didn't work...

Is it maybe possible that there's just some kind of stupid-ass typo in there somewhere that I'm not noticing thats keeping the reaction from recognizing the custom plant materials as valid reagents?????
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 11:45:38 am »

Well, I edited the reaction and tried to specifically target the laughing lacquer powder, and it didn't work...

Do you think it would help if I added the [BAG] token to the container reagent?
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2011, 11:49:49 am »

Seriously? Nobody has any other insights?
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Aha! Got It Working!
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2011, 12:20:40 pm »

Ha ha! I've got it working!

Spoiler: Reactions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: plants (click to show/hide)

(Technically I only currently have comfirmation that the comedy stick laughing lacquer actually works, but at least I know I've got it working)
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2011, 01:39:44 pm »

(Technically I only currently have comfirmation that the comedy stick laughing lacquer actually works, but at least I know I've got it working)

Ok, this is weird, I put this into another world, and now its stopped working again.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 01:45:43 pm by Bohandas »
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2011, 02:12:30 pm »

Seems the rest of the forums are as stumped as I am. Cant see anything wrong there, perhaps you have ran into a bug?

Only thing I can think of is that improvements with plant mats are botched somehow, but the only way to be sure is to take away reagent condition untill it works, and then stacking them back again untill it fails again.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2011, 05:55:25 pm »

Ok, this is weird, I put this into another world, and now its stopped working again.

Are you sure you didn't change the raws inside the save of the world you were working on, forgetting to put it back in the regular raws?
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2011, 11:47:25 am »

Are you sure you didn't change the raws inside the save of the world you were working on, forgetting to put it back in the regular raws?

I'm not completely sure I understand what you mean. (Although that may be my fault for being ambiguous in my previous post. What I meant was that the reaction didn't work in the other world after I corrected the reaction raws in that world (the rection was already defined in the new world, but it was the old version, and I copy-and-pasted the corrected versiion into the raws from here over the definition that was there))
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2011, 11:53:51 am »

Well, if it was working in one world, and then you copy-pasted it into another world, and it didn't work, maybe you didn't remember to copy-paste everything you changed, or else you didn't overwrite everything you should have?

If it works in one world, it should work in every world, after all, unless there was some mistake in the copying.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare
Pages: 1 [2]