Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: What are your plans for your fortress when the new relea  (Read 7648 times)

Keilden

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of The Endcat
    • View Profile
Re: What are your plans for your fortress when the new relea
« Reply #75 on: June 14, 2007, 01:59:00 am »

Or just make a Moria with a even more evil beast. The Dwarfs Bane itself.
The Endcat will end you and everything you love.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 14, 2007, 04:47:00 pm »

Heh, all this talk of dropping your enemies into a room full of lava. We can do better with a Z-Axis. To fit the true dwarven nature of a fortress (and that basically anyone who dies typically dies a gruesome death...)

Just drop your enemies into an empty stone room, far below your fort. They'll occasionally be pelted with other enemies and either starve or rot. Set up a barracks far above so your marksman can practice.

Cruel? Yeah, but it's not water OR fire!

*edit* Drop in the occasional elephant or jaguar or something, as well! Maybe you could even pull an Avernum; have an entire mini-fortress under there with horrible conditions. Like a prison world.

[ June 14, 2007: Message edited by: Keiseth ]

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2007, 10:25:00 am »

Elevators!

HoD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 05, 2007, 01:20:00 am »

Im going to create a vault, in honour of the fallout games.

Or a hippy village based around a waterfall....

Or both, and base it on vault city... The inner city (vault), and outer city(waterfall hippies). Tried to do it with the current game, but its very very tricky, hopefully it will work better in the new game.

hat?

Faces of Mu

• Bay Watcher
  • I once saw a baby ghost...but it was just a tissue
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2007, 06:45:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Leprechaun:
<STRONG>That's actually not a bad idea! If you had far too much time on your hands, I guess you could level the whole mountain and build your entire fortress hidden underground, accessible only through a tiny mound with trees growing over it to hide it. And whenever a caravan came, a section of the floor lowers to become a ramp leading in.

You'd need either a lot of cheats or a good player with no life at all whatsoever, but it would be pretty cool.</STRONG>

I've only just found out that goblin siegers don't advance when all the doors are locked - even if they can't see those doors and haven't ever been up to them, they just instantly know when they're unlocked!

I like the idea someone said of placing the entrance behind a nice waterfall, and even have the water cascade down and across many layers for a very natural effect.

The other idea is to have a very formidable lower level they fall into and have to work their way out of Indianna Jones/Thunderdome-Mad Max style! The reward would likely be a nice shiny cage so my dwarves could get the great honour of killing the victor in battle, or some such. Maybe let free to breed and raise a more worthy force, eh?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 05, 2007, 07:41:00 am »

Eventually, I want to make a chunnel between one of those islands and the mainland, and put my fort on the island..then I can start exporting Bovril.

[ July 05, 2007: Message edited by: Dwarmin ]

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 05, 2007, 08:48:00 am »

Basicly all a mountain really is is a big chunk of rock. You could dig the mountain out into any shape you want. You could make a castle with walls and a moat or a gigantic tower 60 blocks wide. It's all your choice. You could just dig a fortress into it and make rooms but there's so much more interesting stuff you could do.

Lokum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 07, 2007, 02:39:00 pm »

The Mountain of Entertal Madness.

I'll have a floor for each race and each race will subject to frequent torcher/starvation until they go stark raving MAD. On the most bottom floor would be a giant arena and every room has a stairway leading to it. And my dwarves would watch the grand spectacle of a battle royale against over hundred maimed, starving and insane beasts and other wretches.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 07, 2007, 03:35:00 pm »

code:

[z]
#H####\.  
#H#####\.  
#HMMMM##\.        .  .
#H#######\.     .        .
#HMMMM####.   .            .