terrahex
- 2 (8.3%)
digital hellhound
- 5 (20.8%)
the Arena
- 5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38

Author Topic: !!RTD WARS!! Post here once! We're off!  (Read 51895 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
!!RTD WARS!! Post here once! We're off!
« on: March 31, 2011, 11:50:46 am »

The plan:
5 teams from alternate realities. Each consists of a GM and 3 Players. Their goal is to fight in the arena which the Master GMs have prepared (ToylK, Gatleos and Dermonster). We will tweak the teams to balance, and will do rolls for folks at random times. We will also roll for the GMs. The GMs will attempt to destroy the other teams.

The result is nearly utter chaos. This will be very fun.

Spoiler: The story (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: PLAYERS (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GMs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: God Mod Triad (click to show/hide)

Finalized Rules:

Rolling rules [GM only]
Spoiler: GM worlds/Regular (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 01:00:07 am by TolyK »
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Wars! Brainstorm thread.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 12:09:09 pm »

I'd call a player (Not a GM)
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 12:11:44 pm »

This sounds... interesting. GM spot for me!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 12:35:59 pm »

I'd say there should be some well-defined rules for interactions between the GMs, to keep it fair.

Then again, the GM's only role is to roll the dice, so they wouldn't have any impact over the game at all (besides cheating). The players do all the work. So it would be closer to a team-based competitive RTD. I was actually planning on one of those. :P
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 12:39:11 pm »

Two of my favorite GM's are already here! Greatness is incoming.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 12:44:25 pm »

In but as player not gm

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 12:46:40 pm »

Player. Not GMing... this game at least.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2011, 12:47:17 pm »

Then again, the GM's only role is to roll the dice, so they wouldn't have any impact over the game at all (besides cheating). The players do all the work. So it would be closer to a team-based competitive RTD. I was actually planning on one of those. :P

Generally GM's also create enemies, enviroments and plot, unless the game is super-freeform. We'd need some restrictions and rules for that here, I guess.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 12:56:30 pm »

Generally GM's also create enemies, enviroments and plot, unless the game is super-freeform. We'd need some restrictions and rules for that here, I guess.
That was part of the "cheating" I was talking about. If they can make anything in their own reality, it would create so many loopholes in the rules that there would be more hole than loop.

The first thing to figure out is how the GMs and teams will interact with each other. There should either be a central area where they physically interact, or some way for them to affect each others' environments directly or indirectly.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 01:03:55 pm »

player.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 01:05:28 pm »

Hey Gat, you gonna join as a GM? would be epic.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 01:05:37 pm »

I'll join as a GM, so long as we have set rules.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2011, 01:10:22 pm »

That was part of the "cheating" I was talking about. If they can make anything in their own reality, it would create so many loopholes in the rules that there would be more hole than loop.
exactly.
The first thing to figure out is how the GMs and teams will interact with each other. There should either be a central area where they physically interact, or some way for them to affect each others' environments directly or indirectly.
How about this: GMs interact with players through Portals at their home planet. GMs do rolls on their own planet. They can do anything they want, on their own planet. The master GMs (me and some others, for example Gatleos) would take care of space and hyperspace rolls, and we would make sure the GMs play fair.

They must define their planet beforehand (what it consists of, environment, etc.) and what kind of units they will have on their planet. Players choose what GM's planet they spawn in, and they may choose to go with or against, or neutral to "their" GM.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Wars! Brainstorm, rules, and signups (some/lots)
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2011, 01:13:06 pm »

You know when this started up in the rollers block thread I thought we would all go around messing in other peoples RTD verses Multiworld Madness style.

Not complaining, just making a statement.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RTD Wars! Brainstorm, rules, and signups (some/lots)
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2011, 01:13:40 pm »

Perhaps the 'teams' could each have their own universe where they are in complete control, and then a central arena of sorts, with each GM controlling a part of it? Inventories and skills could be balanced by TK when players cross over, and GMs could each control the arena-zones of a second GM. There wouldn't then be a real need to ensure that the GMs play by subjective fairness.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38