terrahex
- 2 (8.3%)
digital hellhound
- 5 (20.8%)
the Arena
- 5 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]

Author Topic: !!RTD WARS!! Post here once! We're off!  (Read 51907 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: !!RTD WARS!! Post here once! We're off!
« Reply #555 on: May 17, 2011, 07:39:04 am »

I had stuff written up somewhere, some story paths planned out with a few modifiers (how the players would act towards certain characters, how they would have done missions, etc etc), characters, organizations they would encounter, stuff like that.

And about why this fell - I'll be blunt. TolyK, you weren't exactly the best choice for GodMod. You kept rushing ahead, writing (rough and unfinished) parts of a game system, then tacking on everything anyone suggested. Even when the new rules were conflicting with the old ones, nobody bothered to think about how they would fit in and what would have to be changed. It was as disorganized as humanly possible.

For example, the combat rules. Combat was highly affected by the stats of the characters, which was nice and all with the original race creation system, but we changed character creation systems twice after that, without any change to the rules!

(Not that I mean you're solely responsible or anything, but I got the feeling you just wanted the game up and running as soon as possible even though we had barely begun planning it out. I wish you luck with the reboot, hopefully it will be a bit more organized this time.)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 07:51:38 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 17, 2011, 08:05:55 am »

I had stuff written up somewhere, some story paths planned out with a few modifiers (how the players would act towards certain characters, how they would have done missions, etc etc), characters, organizations they would encounter, stuff like that.

And about why this fell - I'll be blunt. TolyK, you weren't exactly the best choice for GodMod. You kept rushing ahead, writing (rough and unfinished) parts of a game system, then tacking on everything anyone suggested. Even when the new rules were conflicting with the old ones, nobody bothered to think about how they would fit in and what would have to be changed. It was as disorganized as humanly possible.

For example, the combat rules. Combat was highly affected by the stats of the characters, which was nice and all with the original race creation system, but we changed character creation systems twice after that, without any change to the rules!

(Not that I mean you're solely responsible or anything, but I got the feeling you just wanted the game up and running as soon as possible even though we had barely begun planning it out. I wish you luck with the reboot, hopefully it will be a bit more organized this time.)
I agree with the above post, especially the bold :P
Ya, I'll have a secret meeting before the next one >:D if anyone wants to be in it please PM me.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 17, 2011, 09:57:11 am »

Honestly I'd rather someone else hold the meeting. I would have said everything Digital said if I wasn't terrified of being seen as a sort of jerk.

maybe you should hold a few of your own RTD's first. I also think that five GM's were maybe a bit much, and the whole point of RTD is to make an extremely simplified form of DnD that you can basically pick up and start playing in five minuits flat. Excessive rules ruin everyone's fun.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

choobakka

• Bay Watcher
  • The same thing we do every night, Pinky...
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 17, 2011, 04:40:55 pm »

Yeah... However, if this is done again, I would like to be a player...
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]