Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 228278 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.8] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #1005 on: July 16, 2011, 08:22:33 pm »

You probably embarked somewhere they can't reach, or theres no zombies in your world. Press tab a few times when selecting a spot to check nearby civs. If only your home civ appears, that's because you're on an island or something. For smaller(and often larger) worlds, you may want to up the amount of civs(9-10 seem good for the smallest 2 sizes), decrease end year, or both.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: July 18, 2011, 04:21:26 pm »

Tire Armor is in. I'm still working out the details, but right now I'm quite proud of it. It can protect from small slashes and scratches quite well. However, a firm stab can easily get through. You should be safe from anything smaller then a machete and any roving badgers. It only covers 90% of shots. Meaning that one in ten shots will get through regardless. Still a step up from leather armor though.

It's created by gathering two tires from the wasteland around you. Shouldn't be to hard as tires are clearly visible gray o's.

Tires can also be burned for fuel at the lab, resulting in two bars of coke, plus another 50% chance of gaining another bar. Making it a renewable source of coke on coal-less embarks.

Now onto plastic.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: July 18, 2011, 04:35:31 pm »

can't wait!  :)
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: July 18, 2011, 05:07:40 pm »

I like the idea of renewable resources. And if the sources are scarce/dangerous, all the better!
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: July 18, 2011, 10:59:38 pm »

Okay, so according to a few sources Sulfur can be extracted from gypsum at the kiln. But I'll probably keep it in the lab to keep things less cluttered. This coupled with lead and plastic should make a battery, which could be used for advanced and reusable smelting. I'll need to work out a way for batteries to need recharging to prevent it from being magma. Perhaps needing to make a battery charger, and you have to recharge a battery after every use. Slowing down production slightly.

EDIT

Hmm... what skill should be used to construct a battery. Mechanics maybe.

And for your convenience I am creating a New Features readme that only includes the newest features added to the latest version. I recommend that you glance over this file as it will explain reactions and such in depth.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 11:23:50 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: July 19, 2011, 02:04:50 am »

An idea for a new extremely rare caste:
Savant:
Has moods and high mental attributes, but a bit lower physical ones. Also, he learns most skills at 200% (or higher) speed, except, maybe, military skills. Has also low empathy and other attributes like this one.

Another idea: Rebar junk for iron (#)?

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #1011 on: July 19, 2011, 04:57:28 am »

I do not know if u really want to know IT but I will be starting up my Corrosion Fortress LP again soon. Hopefully by the end of this month beginning of next. I am sorry it has taken sooo long for me to actually get a new Vid up I have been incredibly busy :(

Thank You again ^_^.

P.S.

I need to read ur whole thread again >< lol
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: July 19, 2011, 05:01:34 am »

I wish you good luck, and hope your LP will last. Kills me to not be able to view it though  :'(

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: July 19, 2011, 06:07:54 am »

I wish you good luck, and hope your LP will last. Kills me to not be able to view it though  :'(

Lol i have done an episode of it so far and kinda forgot to take an anvil ><. Is there any other way to make spades, picks and axes? cause I cannot find one

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: July 19, 2011, 06:40:42 am »

aso, i am leaving today (sweden, here i come!), but i am glad you made some updates, IT  :D.

for plastic i have another idea! just like tires, you can collect it, and you get plastic scraps, then at the lab you can have a "make a plastic log" reaction. so it will be like wood!

you can also keep it at the original leather idea, if you want.

see you in about 22 days!

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: July 19, 2011, 06:56:33 am »

IT I was wondering do U think you should introduce more Mace like weapons? Like a mace, Staff or Spiked mace etc. These are used in most instance in history and I do not see y they would not be used in the future as well???? I just find it a little weird how there are numerous sharp blades for knives and swordmans. However there are not many weapons for macemen and hammermen?

Thank you

Ult1mara

P.S. Have fun in Sweden Kerlc

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: July 19, 2011, 07:31:44 am »

i'm not gone yet!  ;D i'll go around (time here) 16.00

and baseball bat+nails= improvised morningstar! (aka spiked mace)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 08:24:48 am by kerlc »

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: July 19, 2011, 12:07:18 pm »

Savant:
Has moods and high mental attributes, but a bit lower physical ones. Also, he learns most skills at 200% (or higher) speed, except, maybe, military skills. Has also low empathy and other attributes like this one.

Maybe not 200, I'd say that he learns 115%. Most other castes learn at 125% but they have disadvantages and only one specific field where they get the 125% bonus. So a general 'expert' should get a smaller bonus, but have no disadvantages.

Another idea: Rebar junk for iron (#)?

Good idea, I'll throw in a few more materials like 'iron scrap' or 'iron pipe' for flavor. Maybe they should give you rusty iron. But I could include a way to turn it into iron.

I do not know if u really want to know IT but I will be starting up my Corrosion Fortress LP again soon. Hopefully by the end of this month beginning of next. I am sorry it has taken sooo long for me to actually get a new Vid up I have been incredibly busy

Great to hear! Sorry for removing the link from the OP, but it was a couple versions old and the changes from .6 to .7 was quite a step in itself. You should start a new fort in 1.0.8, that way you can embark with an  anvil :D

for plastic i have another idea! just like tires, you can collect it, and you get plastic scraps, then at the lab you can have a "make a plastic log" reaction. so it will be like wood!

I've been looking into this and it seems like a plausible idea. However it might end up being a boulder so you can't make charcoal out of it.

IT I was wondering do U think you should introduce more Mace like weapons?

Yeah currently blunt weapons are lacking. Somebody suggested bowling ball maces at one point, but I'm still tinkering with it. The biggest problem with it is that I would like to have blunt weapons be just as deadly (if not more) then edged weapons. But the game is almost bugged as far as how blunt weapons work. I either have to have a high speed, sneak in an edge attack, or make it the size of a house. So my options are already limited. Kerlc's morningstar idea is a good idea and would be extremely effective. I'll see if I can just make it in the forge somehow to make the entire thing out of metal.

That said the current maces and hammers are extremely deadly. Sledge Hammers can splatter a target and I've seen light club wielding desert devils crack every bone in a pistolman's body before he could get a shot off.

I'll try to fit a few in though.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: July 19, 2011, 05:07:51 pm »

Woot new Maces and hammers ^_^. Can u not do summit about maces/Blunt weapons only dealing bone damage or something?

And yeah I have started a fort with the most upto date version of Corrosion atm. Will prob upload it within the month. Want to get a few more eps recorded first. Well at least a few eps for each mod lol :P

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: July 21, 2011, 01:44:09 pm »

Simple questions:
Is it normal to have desert made of clay?
Is it normal to have sea ooze in said desert of clay?
I only have one type of metal, gold, is that normal?

The last version I play is .18 so I don't know the changes.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 111