Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 228259 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.8] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #1020 on: July 21, 2011, 04:31:06 pm »

Simple questions:
Is it normal to have desert made of clay?
Is it normal to have sea ooze in said desert of clay?
I only have one type of metal, gold, is that normal?

The last version I play is .18 so I don't know the changes.
Do you mean gold is the only metal you found on your site? It's quite common to have 1, or no metals on your site. If you want more metal, set shallow metal to multiple in the finder. Also, the other metal may be in a separate region, if your site is on multiple regions. Press f1 to f4 before you embark to check. To the first 2, no that's probably not normal. Are there any other weird things, like embarking as something other than privations? If so you probably duped your raws. Delete the folder before moving the modded raws in.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: July 21, 2011, 05:07:49 pm »

Is it normal to have desert made of clay?
Is it normal to have sea ooze in said desert of clay?
I only have one type of metal, gold, is that normal?

Any other anomalies? Check your errorlog for duplicate raws errors. If that is the case, reinstall the Corrosion raws and replace your old raws completely.

The one type of metal on an embark site is normal.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #1022 on: July 22, 2011, 04:42:31 am »

IT i have a new video up for this mod now ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwxHmqWX7Lk
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: July 22, 2011, 06:24:01 am »

Okay, so according to a few sources Sulfur can be extracted from gypsum at the kiln. But I'll probably keep it in the lab to keep things less cluttered. This coupled with lead and plastic should make a battery, which could be used for advanced and reusable smelting. I'll need to work out a way for batteries to need recharging to prevent it from being magma. Perhaps needing to make a battery charger, and you have to recharge a battery after every use. Slowing down production slightly.
Cool story but the first siege will still kill you in 8/10 cases.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: July 22, 2011, 08:26:56 am »

I re-installed and no more clay desert but normal desert is made of stone. Apparently surface rock is safe to mine. I assume deeper rocks are deadly?

Also can someone post how to process the plants. Cooking it directly doesn't produce seeds.

A friendly reminder: Always build a door to keep out scavengers. A wall is useless if you don't have a door. Scavengers will kill you if you fight them unarmed.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 09:27:34 am by majikero »

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: July 22, 2011, 02:02:02 pm »

IT i have a new video up for this mod now ^_^

Great! I posted it on the main page, I didn't post the library simply because the other two were a few versions old, but I'll add more when you make them.  :D

I re-installed and no more clay desert but normal desert is made of stone. Apparently surface rock is safe to mine. I assume deeper rocks are deadly?

If you have an errorlog, delete it. Restart DF load your game, then post the errorlog on here. I'll take a look.

Also can someone post how to process the plants. Cooking it directly doesn't produce seeds.

Milling is the most common at the moment. Just build a quern and have a dwarf with the milling labor on.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: July 22, 2011, 06:33:52 pm »

Deadiron is up! A Vault Succession Game taking parts from Fallout and of course, Corrosion! It's in 1.0.8, but has a few bugfixes. Enjoy!

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=89462.msg2465658#msg2465658

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: July 26, 2011, 02:53:58 pm »

I am incredibly happy to see that u have introduced a custom graphics pack into the game IT. Am sure u have a lot more work to do with it but well done it helps a lot ^_^.

Ne ways have decided to concentrate on ur Mod for a bit. As ppl seem to want me to only do 1 DF LP at a time. And urs was first :P

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: July 26, 2011, 08:28:55 pm »

Great to hear!

BTW now that my turn is up on Deadiron I've given the hammers and maces situation a few thoughts, here's the ideas I have so far

Hammers

Tire Iron Similar to the claw hammer, but better stab, faster but worse bash
Splitting Maul - Sledge Hammer with an Axe Head as well as the sledge head

Maces

Golf Club - Larger, deeper penetration, still fast, but not as fast as a light club. Can 'jab' for a quick attack but won't do much damage.

Still looking for ideas though.

-----

Other then that, I've modded in the Archery Range to train up archery and siege operating. Requires a dummy, and a bolt, can be wood or bone.

Tire Armor's pretty good, very nice for defending against Infected attacks. Concrete chunks can be a lifesaver if you don't bring clay or hard rock.

I'm also going to make a few creature graphics for some domestic creatures. Should be Fun! But it will take longer as I can't just use a template like I did for the Humans :\
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 08:32:25 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

scion-of-fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • All Things Serve the Beam.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: July 27, 2011, 07:07:54 am »

The game won't let me maximize the window; wouldn't be a problem, except it's too wide to fit on my screen; is there something I need to edit in the RAWs, or will I have to suck it up and use the ASCII version?
Long Days and Pleasant Nights, Stranger.

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: July 27, 2011, 07:17:20 am »

U can put it back to windowed mode and resizable by looking in the Init files. It took me a while to find it but there should be a RAW asking if u want it to be resizable

scion-of-fenrir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: July 27, 2011, 07:21:57 am »

U can put it back to windowed mode and resizable by looking in the Init files. It took me a while to find it but there should be a RAW asking if u want it to be resizable

Much better! Thank you, good sir!

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: July 27, 2011, 09:38:17 am »

Oh, THAT'S what's happening to all my seeds!  Whenever the season changes, a lot of my planted seeds disappear! Peas, in particular!  Makes life a little difficult...  :-\  What's the solution?  Stop planting when you hit late [insert season name here]?  Seems micromanagey...
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

scion-of-fenrir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: July 27, 2011, 10:31:04 am »

Ok, is there a Wiki or something I can read for this? What the hell are poles for? Why can I only make mechanisms out of stone when most of it is apparently dangerous? Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: July 27, 2011, 11:56:22 am »

Ok, is there a Wiki or something I can read for this? What the hell are poles for? Why can I only make mechanisms out of stone when most of it is apparently dangerous? Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?

The readme is your friend, it contains everything you would want to know about the mod. Poles are used for a number of makeshift weapons like baseball bats and spears, and you can make wooden mechanisms with two screws and a log.

Oh, THAT'S what's happening to all my seeds!  Whenever the season changes, a lot of my planted seeds disappear! Peas, in particular!  Makes life a little difficult...  :-\  What's the solution?  Stop planting when you hit late [insert season name here]?  Seems micromanagey...

Yeah, Apparently at one point there was red text that would show up meaning that the plant couldn't grow next season. I made a post on the suggestions board to bring it back, Quietust said that it was a bug that it was gone. So hopefully Toady fixes it soon.

The game won't let me maximize the window; wouldn't be a problem, except it's too wide to fit on my screen; is there something I need to edit in the RAWs, or will I have to suck it up and use the ASCII version?

You could also hit F11, it will bring the game into fullscreen.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 111