Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 228944 times)

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.1.12] ***34.10*** )(Bugfix Update)(
« Reply #1575 on: June 03, 2012, 11:23:31 am »

So do infected actually turn other units into infected or is that kinda removed?

Infecting is still in, Infected that siege/ambush/snatch your fortress will turn your humans into zombies when the zombie bites your human (not the other way around though). It takes about 5 minutes for the change to happen. If the limb is bit then ripped off, the human might not be infected. Depends on how much detail Toady put into the system. Scavengers/Evasive don't infect you, I'm not inclined to let them, but that may change down the road. At the very least they'll probably get some non-lethal syndrome stuff.
oh I was wondering about adventure mode infected and being able to play as one to ransack whole towns.

Yeah you will still infect your victims. However time in adventure mode works differently and the time to turn is insanely long! If you had the patience it would work.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1576 on: June 03, 2012, 01:55:21 pm »

Hum good biome things, thats hard..... is it possible to make a civ only spawn in a certain biome?  Because in that case you could always make some type of Cult of Purity, or something.  A league of super zealous, really easy to annoy people who take the fight directly to the infected and won't shirk from killing off other groups to 'cut off the infecteds reinforcements'  maybe make them baby snatchers or something and that way even if they end up with the current infected in thier civ it could be interpreted as that they have a way to 'purify-and-control' the minds of the unholy?

-Prehapes have them able to make old fashioned armor and weapons so that they appear to be kinda like old school paladins with the occasional gun?  This way they'd actually be able to pretty sufficiently rip apart anything they get into melee range of, and if you don't want them freindly just give them pretty late game attack specs so that they show up late but are insanely tough in thier tin can suits :p
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 01:57:11 pm by kilakan »
Nom nom nom

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1577 on: June 04, 2012, 08:32:11 pm »

I've started a new thread HERE, check it out and feel free to leave some feedback  :D
Hum good biome things, thats hard..... is it possible to make a civ only spawn in a certain biome?  Because in that case you could always make some type of Cult of Purity, or something.  A league of super zealous, really easy to annoy people who take the fight directly to the infected and won't shirk from killing off other groups to 'cut off the infecteds reinforcements'  maybe make them baby snatchers or something and that way even if they end up with the current infected in thier civ it could be interpreted as that they have a way to 'purify-and-control' the minds of the unholy?

-Prehapes have them able to make old fashioned armor and weapons so that they appear to be kinda like old school paladins with the occasional gun?  This way they'd actually be able to pretty sufficiently rip apart anything they get into melee range of, and if you don't want them freindly just give them pretty late game attack specs so that they show up late but are insanely tough in thier tin can suits :p

That's sort of what Reinheit are. Reinheit even means purity in German. I suppose there could be some more stuff to find on the ground there though that would not normally be found elsewhere. Perhaps weapons that would normally be artifact only, katanas, guitars, etc.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.1.13] ***34.11*** <<New Creature Graphics>>
« Reply #1578 on: June 06, 2012, 10:57:13 am »

1.1.13 is up! Enjoy the new graphics everyone!

I've put up a new poll as well. Thank you to everyone who voted!

This next poll concerns a thought. What if I added CANNOT_UNDEAD to all animals? This would prevent them from being resurrected in evil biomes which means no more undead water buffalo cow skin smothering your humans. I would have to make more creatures in evil biomes to counter the lack of meandering undead. This would include more Exposed creatures and humanoids that could be zombified. This would mean more embarking into evil biomes which would mean more zombie humans!

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Jargg the Gamer Pony

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: June 10, 2012, 07:24:41 pm »

I just wanted to say, great mod, but I can't play it for more than a year. My computer doesn't play nice with the SDL version of Dwarf Fortress. Could you perhaps make a legacy version?

Jargg the Gamer Pony

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: June 19, 2012, 07:31:55 pm »

Random story of the day, while my machete wielding minuteman commander was chasing evasive infected, a random cat took on two of them.One ran away while the other was knocked unconscious and the cat finished it off.

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: July 04, 2012, 04:40:19 pm »

I think Deon's found a way to change the embark text about the dwarf/mountainhome thingy, I don't know how, though.

I like this mod, I've been tampering with it on my other computer back at home. I haven't actually been able to play DF much, though, because of the slow speed of the old Dell laptop I'm using. I'll download it and see how Corrosion'll run on this old thing.

EDIT: I also honestly don't like the reworked metal values. The value of even lowly copper is, in my opinion, way way way WAY jacked up. A single copper chop-axe costs more than an iron anvil... Really expensive, disallows for too much other supplies, especially since I'm taking three woodchoppers for my first embark with this version
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 07:24:26 pm by UristMcWanderer »

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: July 05, 2012, 12:34:11 pm »

I'm loving this mod, but theres a "bug" I found. When I get migrants, several of them simply congragate around the map, I can't read their thoughts and they are listed as "friendly" on the units screen. Winter is approaching so they won't be around for long anyway, but I still want to know why this is happening.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

UristMcWanderer

• Bay Watcher
  • *strangle gargle choke*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: July 05, 2012, 05:40:20 pm »

I have a suggestion that may or may not be liked/considered:

Automatic (or as close as we can get to it) Firearms!
Types: Assault Rifle (rifle skill), Submachine Gun (pistol skill)
Explanation: Every zombie apocalypse setting sees somebody running around with an AK-47 or something, and as we all see a lack of (as close as possible to) automatic weapons, I think this might fix it.
Rate-of-fire: They should have a SHOOT_MAXVEL (apparently determines how fast the round goes) high enough for the shooter to get more rounds off more often. If that's not too confusing.
Practicality: Uncertain

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1584 on: July 05, 2012, 07:47:00 pm »

I'd prefer bolt action rifles, A mod in a setting like this ammo would be like water in a desert, scarce and basically worshipped.

and since ranged weapons are only allowed 1 projectile on screen at once, A bolt-action seems a better choice. (Plus I only want my best shooters using these guns)

Maybe with Toady's combat re-write he will allow ranged weapons more then 1 projectile and this will be possible.

mcshmeggy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: July 05, 2012, 10:04:35 pm »

just like to tell you about a bug.

I started an adventure as a rifleman. before I did anything I checked my inventory, I had a rock shotgun, some shells, and the usual stuff. I walked one tile and noticed in the corner it said I wasnt wielding a weapon. I opened my inventory screen and instead of having the rock shotgun I had a magma covering on my hands, which I proceeded to eat without effect. I am thinking the shotgun melted somehow. might want to look into that.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: July 07, 2012, 09:55:37 am »

I just wanted to say, great mod, but I can't play it for more than a year. My computer doesn't play nice with the SDL version of Dwarf Fortress. Could you perhaps make a legacy version?

You could try dragging the data and raw files to the Legacy version, that might work as I'm not aware of any differences in Legacy or SDL raws. That's all I can do I'm afraid, Legacy doesn't play at all on my computer.

EDIT: I also honestly don't like the reworked metal values. The value of even lowly copper is, in my opinion, way way way WAY jacked up. A single copper chop-axe costs more than an iron anvil... Really expensive, disallows for too much other supplies, especially since I'm taking three woodchoppers for my first embark with this version

Thank you for the feedback, the prices of things are still a work in progress. I reduced the price of copper to 5 which makes it 72 for a hatchet (the cheap version of a chop axe). I'll tinker with the emberk points as well on the custom set up to give you a little more wiggle room.

I'm loving this mod, but theres a "bug" I found. When I get migrants, several of them simply congragate around the map, I can't read their thoughts and they are listed as "friendly" on the units screen. Winter is approaching so they won't be around for long anyway, but I still want to know why this is happening.

I can't think of anything that would be causing this. This happened sometimes in Vanilla as well, perhaps something to do with your civ, it could have been taken over by another race of humans who are now migrating to your fort. Similar to the non-dwarf king/queen bug.

I have a suggestion that may or may not be liked/considered:

Automatic (or as close as we can get to it) Firearms!
Types: Assault Rifle (rifle skill), Submachine Gun (pistol skill)
Explanation: Every zombie apocalypse setting sees somebody running around with an AK-47 or something, and as we all see a lack of (as close as possible to) automatic weapons, I think this might fix it.
Rate-of-fire: They should have a SHOOT_MAXVEL (apparently determines how fast the round goes) high enough for the shooter to get more rounds off more often. If that's not too confusing.
Practicality: Uncertain

It's not possible at the moment as there can only be one bullet on the screen, and skill dictates the speed of fire. Toady's reworking the combat system so maybe he'll throw something new in, but I haven't seen any notes on it thus far.

just like to tell you about a bug.

I started an adventure as a rifleman. before I did anything I checked my inventory, I had a rock shotgun, some shells, and the usual stuff. I walked one tile and noticed in the corner it said I wasnt wielding a weapon. I opened my inventory screen and instead of having the rock shotgun I had a magma covering on my hands, which I proceeded to eat without effect. I am thinking the shotgun melted somehow. might want to look into that.

Whooops, fixed. Since I removed ITEM_WEAPON_RANGED from all the metals they just give you a magma shotgun. Not as awesome as it sounds  :( . I'll slap the tag onto Crucible Steel.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: July 16, 2012, 09:39:51 pm »

Once the combat updates are in, humans will move slower, possibly attack slower to. Zombies will be able to attack faster to give them a better chance against the master dodger I have.  ::)

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Lazerlatté

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: August 09, 2012, 07:04:20 pm »

Seems I caught a bug... Well, I caught something :/ when I start up adventure mode on this mod my weapon melts to magma. And it doesn't even hurt me. So yeah, something tempature related...

Edit:oops it was already reported but it still is annoying...
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 07:09:33 pm by Lazerlatté »

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: August 18, 2012, 02:37:39 am »

Perhaps you could reduce the bite force of infected humans? Right now, you barely see anyone turn, because the zombies tore them to pieces, and they died. Obviously, they should inflict nasty, jagged, injuries, but tearing arms off with their teeth seems a bit... out there? Perhaps reduce the pentration depth to create gory bite wounds that provide an excellent vector for infection? I Dunno, but honestly, I think this would make the infected stronger, since you are far more likely to have soldiers turned, rather than just dead.

Also, rather than undead animals, horrible twisted wildlife sound fun!

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 111