Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 229026 times)

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.5] A new Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #180 on: April 22, 2011, 06:00:23 am »

edit.: you forgot da shrooms, man!

They are a rather high priority on plants I want to add. But my Cigar studies smegged everything up.

cigars??? YES!
and add a plant to make cigars and thread. HEMP!

we could legalize weed, man.

peace.

edit.: almost forgot why i'm here for, sorry.

3 new suggestions!

1) WARLORD ONLY, ACCESIBLE WITH TRADE: riot shield, big and cumbersome, good against one zombie comming from one direction. can be made out of glass. it is big, heavy, takes one hand, and the weilder can get overrun.
2)WARLORD ONLY, ACCESIBLE WITH TRADE: chainsaw chain. because chainsaw fuel is too expensive buy this chain with razor sharp blades instead! order now!

3)MANUFACTURABLE: ceramic(or earthenware) armorplates. incredible against bullets and stabs, less so aginst blunt attacks and slashes.

whaddaya think?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 06:23:42 am by kerlc »

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 22, 2011, 08:40:11 am »

1) WARLORD ONLY, ACCESIBLE WITH TRADE: riot shield, big and cumbersome, good against one zombie comming from one direction. can be made out of glass. it is big, heavy, takes one hand, and the weilder can get overrun.

But they're made out of polycarbonate...  Glass is too easily broken.

2)WARLORD ONLY, ACCESIBLE WITH TRADE: chainsaw chain. because chainsaw fuel is too expensive buy this chain with razor sharp blades instead! order now!

I like it.  I guess this would go with, what Mace skill?

3)MANUFACTURABLE: ceramic(or earthenware) armorplates. incredible against bullets and stabs, less so aginst blunt attacks and slashes.

I dunno, mate, have you ever tried shooting ceramics with a gun?  Pretty frail.  It'd work well against edged weapons, I think...  And definitely would be a one-time, easily broken armour against blunt attacks...
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

BoomClap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2011, 09:15:55 am »

we need a graphic set for this mod

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2011, 11:07:43 am »

But they're made out of polycarbonate...  Glass is too easily broken.

I dunno, mate, have you ever tried shooting ceramics with a gun?  Pretty frail.  It'd work well against edged weapons, I think...  And definitely would be a one-time, easily broken armour against blunt attacks...

okay, first one: yeah, i agree, but they could still be made out of metal, wood etc.

2nd one: the skill that chain (as it is now) uses.

3rd one: yes, i tried, but modern day armour is made out of ceramics. yes, they're made specially, some are even chemically mixed, but trust me, a thick plate of reinforced ceramic (or earthenware, this one is harder) can easily stop a bullet.

that's it from me.

oh, yeah, i can't seem to be able to make trench spikes or knives. bug?

or you did not update the file.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 22, 2011, 11:53:08 am »

Lasher. Lasher would be better. I mean, chains with blades? It's the modern cat o' nine tails!
we need a graphic set for this mod
Agreed. We need one now!  :D

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 22, 2011, 12:44:07 pm »

Trench spikes/knives are warlord-only.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 22, 2011, 12:59:36 pm »

Trench spikes/knives are warlord-only.
Why? Because war lords are lords of war!

WAR! WAR! WAR! WAR! BOOZE! WAR! MAGMA! WAR! WAR! BOOZE! WAR!

django623

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 22, 2011, 01:12:16 pm »

This mod sounds amazing but whenever i tried adventure mode in 1.04 it would CTD after creating character and now in 1.05 i can't select adventure even after adding the [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] tag to the default entity

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 22, 2011, 03:35:15 pm »

This mod sounds amazing but whenever i tried adventure mode in 1.04 it would CTD after creating character and now in 1.05 i can't select adventure even after adding the [INDIV_CONTROLLABLE] tag to the default entity

Adventurer mode wasn't available in 1.0.4, so I suspect that you have duplicated the raws. the raw file in the corrosion folder replaces the raw file.

They are a rather high priority on plants I want to add. But my Cigar studies smegged everything up.

cigars??? YES!

I'm quite excited to! I've been working on them here I'll get the reactions and whatnot done and they will be added along with tobacco in 1.0.6, there's still a few kinks to work out, like how the smoke from the spent cigars degrades wooden furniture.

Unfortunately I can only make non-player civs bring all wood weapons, or all metal weapons. Otherwise I would go for it.

:o you are a genius... It will take the lasher skill, I'll have to do some tinkering to prevent it from being a lightsaber like the whips in vanilla. But I will add it.

I'm not sure how effective this would be, I can't make a certain armor weak to a certain type of weapon. But I enjoy the creativity.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 22, 2011, 05:13:17 pm »

Um quick question, is there supposed to be no form of cloth clothing what-so-ever?  i think It's a bit odd I can make any clothing and all my guys are stark naked.
Nom nom nom

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 22, 2011, 05:50:57 pm »

The removal of clothing was intentional.

*Clothing is bugged where it rots off and dwarves/humans don't put on new ones. But they do claim the clothing on the ground. And that clothing cannot be moved except by the person who claimed it, causing problems when attempting to build something in the area.
*Additionally, it lags the game significantly as the dwarves/humans constantly check to see if they have clothing. And because invaders bring hundreds of articles of clothing with them.
*In general it's a hassle to keep track of, having to create huge stockpiles to hold useless clothing and having to get clothing that invaders left behind inside before the next invasion comes just makes the game tedious.

*The only advantage to clothing is the itty witty protection it provides. But that quickly becomes useless when a dozen zombies finally catch up with you.

So I opted to remove clothes altogether.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 05:52:53 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 22, 2011, 06:18:52 pm »

after my third zombie wave I was hoping that I could test out my theory that I can sell corpses and other stuff if I shove them into a bag(in adventure mode). so far I got hit with another zombie wave and was prevented a chance to test so yeah.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 23, 2011, 10:42:51 am »

hey dunno if i'm doing something wrong, but the doctors  workshop is broken, I have a large assortment of corpses of both vermin and human, and I can't prefor surgery or sutering.  I even have 4 rat corpses in the refuse pile beside the workshop.

Oh and interesting note that you might love.  My miner accidentally mined a single rock tile, and his heart rotted.  He has been working at half speed, occasionally coughing up blood, with a fully rotten heart, for 2 years now.  I love this mod despite the occasional bugs.
Nom nom nom

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 23, 2011, 11:19:19 am »

cigars??? YES!
and add a plant to make cigars and thread. HEMP!

we could legalize weed, man.

peace.

edit.: almost forgot why i'm here for, sorry.

3 new suggestions!

whaddaya think?
Yeah, I have hemp for some time too, it's awesome. You can get thread from it, brew it, mince it into salads and press its seeds for an oil (and turn that into plant soap). Now I just need to add blunts :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 23, 2011, 01:32:31 pm »

hey dunno if i'm doing something wrong, but the doctors  workshop is broken, I have a large assortment of corpses of both vermin and human, and I can't prefor surgery or sutering.  I even have 4 rat corpses in the refuse pile beside the workshop.

Thanks for catching that. New reactions below.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh and interesting note that you might love.  My miner accidentally mined a single rock tile, and his heart rotted.  He has been working at half speed, occasionally coughing up blood, with a fully rotten heart, for 2 years now.  I love this mod despite the occasional bugs.

Yeah I've noticed this lately. I'll have to switch over to 'Impair Function' instead of necrosis.

Yeah, I have hemp for some time too, it's awesome. You can get thread from it, brew it, mince it into salads and press its seeds for an oil (and turn that into plant soap). Now I just need to add blunts :P.

Well somebody was going to do it eventually. To bad you can't have positive syndromes, or syndromes that require a certain amount of uses before activating.

-----

Great news, I finally got my own copy of Photoshop. No more mooching off of my friends computer. I should be able to get the graphics done a lot quicker.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 111