Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 228833 times)

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.5] A new Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #195 on: April 23, 2011, 01:36:12 pm »

Well somebody was going to do it eventually. To bad you can't have positive syndromes, or syndromes that require a certain amount of uses before activating.

Is that the old "won't get high the first try" myth?

Dude most people just get ripped off the first time.  I got high the first time I ever smoked.  REALLY high. I just didn't recognize it for what it was until I thought about it and found I had been babbling for 30 minuites about being Sean Connery and wanting a stapler.

There is also the question of technique.  People smoking for the first time don't usually inhale fully, and then don't hold it in properly.  If they're in a small enclosed area (as I was, hotboxing a traincar), this doesn't come into play.

But why would there be a positive syndrome for weed? If anything it should lower the user's mental abilities for a short time, while also lowering their stress level.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 01:38:40 pm by Jeoshua »
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 23, 2011, 02:38:26 pm »

oh another bug (or I'm doing something wrong.... more then possible) When attempting to make gunparts it requires durable rock blocks.  And as such is ignoring my iron, wrought iron, lead, silver, copper, and blister steel.  Can you only make shear steel guns?
Nom nom nom

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 23, 2011, 04:24:06 pm »

Well somebody was going to do it eventually. To bad you can't have positive syndromes, or syndromes that require a certain amount of uses before activating.

Is that the old "won't get high the first try" myth?

Dude most people just get ripped off the first time.  I got high the first time I ever smoked.  REALLY high. I just didn't recognize it for what it was until I thought about it and found I had been babbling for 30 minuites about being Sean Connery and wanting a stapler.

There is also the question of technique.  People smoking for the first time don't usually inhale fully, and then don't hold it in properly.  If they're in a small enclosed area (as I was, hotboxing a traincar), this doesn't come into play.

But why would there be a positive syndrome for weed? If anything it should lower the user's mental abilities for a short time, while also lowering their stress level.

I was talking about cigarettes, which have a 'relaxing' or general happiness increase for using them would be nice. And the build-up was so you could address the many many diseases that come along with it. The closest you can get now is a 1% chance of it happening, but that means that even if it's your first cigarette you can still get cancer. Having something build up like after x many uses you get the syndrome would be realistic.

As far as drugs go I have no intentions of modding them into the game.

oh another bug (or I'm doing something wrong.... more then possible) When attempting to make gunparts it requires durable rock blocks.  And as such is ignoring my iron, wrought iron, lead, silver, copper, and blister steel.  Can you only make shear steel guns?

You should be able to make it out of all those materials. Do a quick check to make sure they are within reach and aren't being moved by another human. I've had no problems with this.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 04:30:04 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 23, 2011, 04:44:05 pm »

ah...

Well it actually is the case that one cigarette can give you cancer.  It's just that it's a cumulative effect, and the individual change of one cigarette giving you cancer it the same chance of one free radical hitting a single gene of DNA... it's pretty small, but can happen.  The reason heavy smokers get lung cancer more often is merely because they have had more chances for those free radicals to hit the right gene.

Also, the whole thing with cigarettes and cancer is blown WAY out of proportion.  Smoking makes you 20 or 30% more likely to get lung cancer in your lifetime.  It's very statistically significant, but does not guarantee cancer by any means.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 04:47:00 pm by Jeoshua »
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 24, 2011, 12:09:01 am »

alright... whats wrong with this. I cant seem to get it working without everyone in the world being a forgotten beast.

There are several files that are free floating outside the raw file in the download that the read me doesn't explain what to do with them. Do I place the raw file from the download into the existing vanilla file(replacing)?

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 24, 2011, 06:17:09 am »

Don't worry it's been happening a lot. You have duplicated the raws, the raws in the Corrosion File replace the raws in your DF file. The loose txt files are mods such as safe stone and aquifers, but there's a few guides in there like how to make steel and plants.

I guess I should clean up the read me later today and make this process more obvious.

By the way Post #200 :)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 11:23:49 am by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 24, 2011, 06:38:37 pm »

Also, the whole thing with cigarettes and cancer is blown WAY out of proportion.  Smoking makes you 20 or 30% more likely to get lung cancer in your lifetime.  It's very statistically significant, but does not guarantee cancer by any means.

Correct, but Lung Cancer just seems a little mean even for me :P

Currently it has a 10% chance of being contracted, and in five years gives the person mild dizziness. Not that bad for all but the heaviest smoking and the longest forts

-----

I'm going to get the 3rd tier of zombies done before the 1.0.6 release. I would also like to get some more creatures in, megabeast or wild animals. God-creatures will be restricted to the caverns but they must be beatable through military. Any suggestions?

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 24, 2011, 11:05:24 pm »

Alright got it working but I needed to remove the existing objects file and replace it with the one in the download.

Just wondering, is there any benefit at all from mining? Ive got a garbage mine running since the syndromes are less fatal,  in the hopes that I might find something. but as of yet have found only vomit and blood, and sleepy war dogs.

Edit: Just got my first siege. Nice! I thought I would be able to handle it, with my troops fully equipped with leather armor and a few bronze bits scatered around, and a handful of melee weapons. The line was supplemented by a pair of war dogs and their puppies and tactical drawbridge activation. Half the siege got in an the third run, and my soldiers dropped in 10 seconds, only managed to kill 1. they dished out the pain though cause the infected fell quite readily to my frequently enraged  civilians.
In the end my Expedition Leader and the last two war dogs and their brood slid down a side passage through the burial plots. but there was no way out. the last 5 infected spotted him and charged the dogs fell faster then expected buy reduced the number to 3. The shobel wielding Leader had taken out a pair of infected earlier and was ready for more, he struck down the first scrawn, but was overwhelmed by the speed of the last infected ending my game.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 11:22:15 pm by Bloogonis »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #203 on: April 24, 2011, 11:50:26 pm »

Benefit can be found, but it's pretty rare, and hard to get to most really good stuff, IE ore, without killing people.

And on some embarks downright impossible, due to the location of the hard rock layer.

irdsm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 25, 2011, 03:28:35 am »

I good way to prospect is to get on the last soil layer and designate a large block of downward stair cases on it. If there is ore under it you'll find out and you won't have to expose your men to any health issues. If there isn't any ore...  :-X

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 25, 2011, 04:20:58 am »

I just stumbled upon this thread and holy Undead Zed, this is looking like a real beauty. Zombies, guns and face-rotting-stone. Oh, the dilemma's. Oh, the possibilities for an RP-Community-Fort. Oh my, so many opt-

*Dohon cancels posting: Dazzled by mod*

EDIT: If genning a new world, should I try to disable caverns and the HFS? The readme alludes vaguely that one can "dig deeper" and find some more fun. So, caverns? Yes? No?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 05:17:43 am by Dohon »
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 25, 2011, 09:33:35 am »

EDIT: If genning a new world, should I try to disable caverns and the HFS? The readme alludes vaguely that one can "dig deeper" and find some more fun. So, caverns? Yes? No?

I don't have an HFS on my maps, most of the time you won't make it that deep. I usually have one cavern just giggles or for when I'm running out of water, but having more then one is redundant. Besides that, there's really no point in having caverns.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 25, 2011, 09:55:04 am »

Correct, but Lung Cancer just seems a little mean even for me :P

Currently it has a 10% chance of being contracted, and in five years gives the person mild dizziness. Not that bad for all but the heaviest smoking and the longest forts

-----

I'm going to get the 3rd tier of zombies done before the 1.0.6 release. I would also like to get some more creatures in, megabeast or wild animals. God-creatures will be restricted to the caverns but they must be beatable through military. Any suggestions?
1. Try 2% chance of SEV:1 necrosis (cancer, tar, etc.) and a 1 to 4 chance of dizziness.

2. FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER! The "Tentacle" Monster from olden days? *giggle*
You could also use a "fatty" like in my zombie thread (in sig). Give it toxic blood and area dust attack (BOOMER!) so it will kill/"Infect" nearby enemies.
And of course, no zombie game would be complete with a Tank zombie the size of a truck  ::)

OOH! IDEA! You could add feral humans in the caverns, like survivors that stayed underground, but went insane from darkness and isolation!

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 25, 2011, 10:04:07 am »

NO! no feral humans! but there should be like some sort of vaults, like fallout.

and they could be goverments with their bodyguards and families (lol, politicians have families)

well equipped and stocked, they pose a great threat to your humans

writing this on my new Nokia c4 on VACATION!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 25, 2011, 10:30:16 am »

2. FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER! The "Tentacle" Monster from olden days? *giggle*
You could also use a "fatty" like in my zombie thread (in sig). Give it toxic blood and area dust attack (BOOMER!) so it will kill/"Infect" nearby enemies.
And of course, no zombie game would be complete with a Tank zombie the size of a truck  ::)

OOH! IDEA! You could add feral humans in the caverns, like survivors that stayed underground, but went insane from darkness and isolation!

Great ideas! Might as well have some 'tribe' down in the caverns. I'll probably make your zombies Mega/semimega beasts which I really need more of. Probably won't get around to adding this stuff until 1.0.7, since I want to release .6 as soon as I get the third tier of zombies up.

NO! no feral humans! but there should be like some sort of vaults, like fallout.

and they could be goverments with their bodyguards and families (lol, politicians have families)

well equipped and stocked, they pose a great threat to your humans

Another race of evil humans sounds like a lot of Fun! One that isn't so ambush/and stealing oriented as the Desert Devils.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 111