Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 228748 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.6] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #225 on: April 25, 2011, 05:45:13 pm »

Start game -> Check
Embark -> Check
Get attacked by scavengers within first 30 seconds -> Check
Herbalist suffocates, causing unhappyness -> Check
Tantrum Spiral -> Waiting...

Dwarf Fortress:

Even modded it will still beat the crap out of you with a fluffy wambler, rape you, and then force you to give birth to a giant cave spider. When you're a man.

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #226 on: April 25, 2011, 05:51:28 pm »

Thank you very much IT 000. It is also a good way for u to find bugs that u may not have noticed before? If u watch it and read the comments ppl may point out things that you would never have noticed, things like minor bugs like - in Deons case - A kangaroo having a toe on their tail or summit. This is easily overlooked until u actually see it instead of modding and playing it
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 25, 2011, 06:49:23 pm »

Thank you very much IT 000. It is also a good way for u to find bugs that u may not have noticed before? If u watch it and read the comments ppl may point out things that you would never have noticed, things like minor bugs like - in Deons case - A kangaroo having a toe on their tail or summit. This is easily overlooked until u actually see it instead of modding and playing it

Great! Can't wait to see it!

Start game -> Check
Embark -> Check
Get attacked by scavengers within first 30 seconds -> Check
Herbalist suffocates, causing unhappyness -> Check
Tantrum Spiral -> Waiting...

Dwarf Fortress:

Even modded it will still beat the crap out of you with a fluffy wambler, rape you, and then force you to give birth to a giant cave spider. When you're a man.

Heehee this has happened to many of my test forts. Savage areas are indeed savage.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 25, 2011, 08:10:10 pm »

fought my first successful siege with this mod, basically I have found that a hall filled with a few hundred weapon traps filled to th brim with weapons, and 30 guys with masterwork shotguns can *just* deal with 3 squads of infected.  I lost 2 men to ones who clogged the traps and ran through, so I think they are balanced well now. :D haha.  Oh and an explosive type infected or one with a spit (do those work now?) would be a great addition.
Nom nom nom

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 25, 2011, 08:14:26 pm »

My first 0.6 world looks fun. There is one large island with only Enlightened on it, another smaller island with only Devils, then the main continent has everyone accounted for.

Im trying to decide whether to set up on the enlightened only island for a test run before taking a risk or should I just dive right in.

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 25, 2011, 08:20:21 pm »

Dude is there a way of putting this game into a graphics pack? Cause I tried it with the Ironhand pack and I got lots of Forgotten beasts as a civilization that may attack me??? :(

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 25, 2011, 08:24:55 pm »

you have to remove the Objects file entirely and then put in the downloaded objects file. same thing happened to me.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 25, 2011, 08:43:38 pm »

Dude is there a way of putting this game into a graphics pack? Cause I tried it with the Ironhand pack and I got lots of Forgotten beasts as a civilization that may attack me??? :(
Agreed. We need IT 0000 to finish the graphics pack  :D

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 26, 2011, 06:49:02 am »

I have noticed 1 thing while recording this.

When the descriptions saying wat kind of human the person is. It does not tell us of wat caste they belong to. It just says A Humanoid of great stature. It would probably be better if we knew WAT they were instead of Wat they can do.

Thanks again

Ult1mara

irdsm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 26, 2011, 06:59:02 am »

When the descriptions saying wat kind of human the person is. It does not tell us of wat caste they belong to. It just says A Humanoid of great stature. It would probably be better if we knew WAT they were instead of Wat they can do.
You can easily infer what caste they belong to by what they can do. This is more of a general complaint since IT can't do anything about it but ever since the caste system showed up I've wished I could know their caste through the 'u'nit screen. I hate having to check every migrant to assign them the proper role.

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 26, 2011, 07:01:20 am »

You can easily infer what caste they belong to by what they can do. This is more of a general complaint since IT can't do anything about it but ever since the caste system showed up I've wished I could know their caste through the 'u'nit screen. I hate having to check every migrant to assign them the proper role.

There is a way to put the caste "name" in the "v"description as Deon does it in his Mod, like it tells u what kind of dwarf they are, say a steel dwarf, obsidian dwarf etc.

So there is a way :P I dont mind either looking in the "u"nit "v"description list each time I want to assign a job

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: April 26, 2011, 10:05:03 am »

Well good news! For the 1.0.7 release I'll be focusing on Adventurer mode reactions and Graphics. Here's the Enlightened Graphics I have right now.

For now, non-player civs are going to lack in depth civilian and military graphics. It shouldn't be noticeable except in adventurer mode. Once the basic set is out I'll start adding other jobs. Feel free to give me feedback on these.

The easiest way to tell castes apart is 'v' 'z' the creature description should say, "A humanoid of great stature and potential. x"

x being the basic characteristics of their castes. There's only four, I can't recall word for word right off hand, but I'll post it here and the OP to clear things up if that helps.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 10:07:23 am by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 26, 2011, 10:14:49 am »

How about if u did "(Caste name) A humanoid of great stature?" that way we wouldnt have to look at the forum/manual each time to remember wat the castes are?

And nice a graphics pack for this game woot woot

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 26, 2011, 10:34:29 am »

Well good news! For the 1.0.7 release I'll be focusing on Adventurer mode reactions and Graphics. Here's the Enlightened Graphics I have right now.

For now, non-player civs are going to lack in depth civilian and military graphics. It shouldn't be noticeable except in adventurer mode. Once the basic set is out I'll start adding other jobs. Feel free to give me feedback on these.

The easiest way to tell castes apart is 'v' 'z' the creature description should say, "A humanoid of great stature and potential. x"

x being the basic characteristics of their castes. There's only four, I can't recall word for word right off hand, but I'll post it here and the OP to clear things up if that helps.
Oh dear Armok. There shall be BLOOD in your name! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Anyways, I'll go play once I'm not busy. Been crammed the past week, and it's not looking bright  :'(

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 26, 2011, 11:07:02 am »

I'm taking over the succession fort.  Shall I wait for 1.0.7 to come out?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 11:39:18 am by Savolainen5 »
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 111