Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 229218 times)

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.6] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #315 on: April 30, 2011, 06:31:07 pm »

Paint has been added! Now you can easily paint logs in many different colors using several different materials, including ores, clay, and bones. It adds a nice bonus to a log's value. Personally I am quite excited :D

This sounds like a lot of fun ^_^ I cant wait to see multicoloured forts and bedrooms etc ^_^

OOOOOooooOOO Just think I could make a Black and White Spiral to play with ppls heads :P *Puts ppl under hypnosis*
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 30, 2011, 07:05:45 pm »

I will build a towering yellow and black flag, to show that we are under quarantine. Not to protect those outside, but to protect us.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 30, 2011, 07:52:57 pm »

do the wood logs, once painted, still work for beds and other wood items?  For instance can I make every bed I have color coded for paticular sectors?

Yep, once you paint them they are regular logs, you can cut them into blocks or make them into beds. Currently there is only 4 colors (besides the standard brown) but more will be added.

Also it is impossible to paint a board twice, this way you can safely have the painters shop on repeat without worrying about boards getting painted with the same color twice.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 30, 2011, 08:04:58 pm »

Hey I never seem to be able to plant any of the dyes, or sugar cane.  I can embark with them, but no matter the location I embark in, I can't plant them, I've tried all temperature ranges, and most terrain types.
Nom nom nom

Jackledead

• Bay Watcher
  • [BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 30, 2011, 09:30:54 pm »

Whenever i start a fort, in fall or late summer, the infected come, does this ALWAYS happen?
Battle Axes.
Make you feel like a Lumberjack!

More like a Limberjack
-bitesh

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 01, 2011, 12:33:32 am »

It usually depends on how close you are to their civ. So that can happen, but you could also wait much longer based on where you embark.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 01, 2011, 12:56:21 am »

Usually, though, they come before the first year is out.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 01, 2011, 08:45:02 am »

Mine seem to come in the second year.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 01, 2011, 08:54:54 am »

my god, desert men seem to take over after a few hundred years.  I just embarked on a new spot, and before year one was out, my archer squad had shot down 45 theifs, alot had escaped, and a bloody ton of stuff has been stolen.....
Nom nom nom

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 02, 2011, 07:17:17 pm »

Hey I never seem to be able to plant any of the dyes, or sugar cane.  I can embark with them, but no matter the location I embark in, I can't plant them, I've tried all temperature ranges, and most terrain types.

Most of the dyes are tropical areas. Same with the sugar cane. I could plant sugar cane in my last embark. However, I really should add another sugar giving plant.

Whenever i start a fort, in fall or late summer, the infected come, does this ALWAYS happen?

Yeah, usually in the fall or in the summer. I've been able to stave it off for a year by keeping my fort value low. But at latest they get me by the second year.

-----

I've done some more balancing on the Infected, in general they are weaker and slower, especially the Skulking Infected. But they can still keep up with stragglers easily. The skulking siege slightly later. Allowing you to get prepared more.
Additionally, I have a fourth of the tileset done. It's slow going as there's 255 of them. But at earliest it should be sometime this week.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 02, 2011, 08:02:59 pm »

I've done some more balancing on the Infected, in general they are weaker and slower, especially the Skulking Infected. But they can still keep up with stragglers easily. The skulking siege slightly later. Allowing you to get prepared more.
Additionally, I have a fourth of the tileset done. It's slow going as there's 255 of them. But at earliest it should be sometime this week.
Hurray! I'm going to go explode now, goodbye.

Bill: BOOMER!

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 03, 2011, 01:32:54 am »

Sweet! I'm gonna hold off on creating a new fort then. In the meantime, I'll prepare for the Infected using George A. Romero movies and the Zombie Survival Guide.  :D
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Interus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 03, 2011, 01:52:10 am »

Oh man, I should have read more of this thread, didn't notice you had paint too!  I finally developed a method that works for me, but I only have paints made from dyes.  Now I have to figure out if I want to look at what you did for ore or try to figure it out for myself.  I've been kind of obsessed with the painting idea for awhile, and I think I actually finished work on mine right around the time you added yours, not that I can prove it, since it's still only on my computer.  Even if I don't decide to check out your paint system, I'll probably have to try adventure mode in this.

It's interesting that you allow logs to be painted.  I went with just blocks because I didn't like the idea of a carpenter being able to take a log covered in red paint and somehow make a chair that's painted red out of it.  But when your options are "Don't allow everything to be painted, make a custom reaction for every single item that can be painted(or something like that), or just paint the logs and say that works" that last option starts looking preeetty good. 

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 03, 2011, 08:29:13 am »

heyheyheyhey! it's KERLC!!!!

with new proposals for makeshift weapons!
(i have been out of internet for 5 days now....but had an epic siege of my fort!)

2 things:
sharp poles: needs a pole. nothing more. made where the dummies are made. uses the spearman skill.

Brick(or small stone(marble, rigid rock or ores) block) on a rope: basically a very primitive flail using either the lasher or maceman skill. built from any rope, a brick (or small stone block-made at mason's. yeah, you should add that reaction too) and presto. your new easy to use flail.

and about my siege. 3 zombie squads, 3 mine. mine second squad (chief-great master maceman. CROWBAR POWER!!!!!!!!!!) and some other pukes killed an entire squad, and crippled some of the other zed-heads, then only my marksman squad crippled zed-heads from my sniper bunker (using 3 artefact shotguns, and 2 masterwork ones), and then my biggest squad (led by a legendary swordman, second-in-command was a great master maceman) and some others FINISHED THE SURVIVORS UNSURVIVORS OFF!

the best siege ever. even made a little drawing wich i'll post some other day.

then my fortress penetrated into the caverns.

i feel sorry for the poor monsters there.

BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODFEST!!!!!!!!!!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 03, 2011, 08:56:34 am »

OMG the next dwarf fortress release will make this mod unbelievably awesome, you'll be able to have humans actually turn into undead DURING THE GAME!
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 111