Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 228806 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.6] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #375 on: May 06, 2011, 01:49:01 pm »

and then i deploy the general winter, freezing your magma. ALL THE MAGMA IN THE WORLD!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!
That would just encase you in stone and metal  :P

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 06, 2011, 02:06:02 pm »

Looking at the miniature in the above post got me thinking. there are no gas-masks in this game. what self respecting post-apoc game doesn't have gas-masks? Using the same/similar mask set up as in Df maybe? Warlords have leather gas-masks, and the possible "Crazy Nazi" Civ would have metal ones?

Also weapon idea for the Nazis: Fuel Rod gun - Give them a stuck in syndrome that causes severe nausea and make the ammo itself be highly dense and very heavy. In order to slow down the user and do ridiculous amounts of damage. on sites where the ambient temperature is enough to set of the ammo on its own, its explained away as the high temperature agitating the unstable ammunition.

Or can you not set for a single material to make the fuel rods from? cause it would be sort of wonky to have them shooting -Copper Fuel Rods- at you.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 06, 2011, 02:23:57 pm »

Looking at the miniature in the above post got me thinking. there are no gas-masks in this game. what self respecting post-apoc game doesn't have gas-masks? Using the same/similar mask set up as in Df maybe? Warlords have leather gas-masks, and the possible "Crazy Nazi" Civ would have metal ones?

Also weapon idea for the Nazis: Fuel Rod gun - Give them a stuck in syndrome that causes severe nausea and make the ammo itself be highly dense and very heavy. In order to slow down the user and do ridiculous amounts of damage. on sites where the ambient temperature is enough to set of the ammo on its own, its explained away as the high temperature agitating the unstable ammunition.

Or can you not set for a single material to make the fuel rods from? cause it would be sort of wonky to have them shooting -Copper Fuel Rods- at you.
Gas masks would be great for fighting against the stone sickness. Albeit it would kinda kill the fear of mining  :-\

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 06, 2011, 06:54:44 pm »

It's possible to make fuel rods only be made of a special, combusting "fuel rod" metal, using a custom reaction. But since they're ammo, then it probably won't work, as the option to make bone, weapons-grade metal, and wooden fuel rods will appear at the craftsman and metalsmith workshops. Kind of like how you can make a bone pistol at a bowyer shop.
On the overpoweredness of gas masks, they should only have a chance to block syndromes, if that's even doable.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 06, 2011, 07:25:38 pm »

Dunno if this has been posted, but I noticed corn isn't brewable.  WTF?

Modder must not be American, or must not have heard of the famous Whisky Rebellion, where farmers protested the tax of whisky, the fermented version of corn.

Corn whisky doesn't even need to age (sit around for a while in order to be drinkable).  Awesome stuff, a truly American drink.

Other than this flaw, great mod!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 06, 2011, 07:28:29 pm »

Modder must not be American, or must not have heard of the famous Whisky Rebellion, where farmers protested the tax of whisky, the fermented version of corn.

Corn whisky doesn't even need to age (sit around for a while in order to be drinkable).  Awesome stuff, a truly American drink.

Other than this flaw, great mod!
AMERICAAAAA!

Where literally everything is made of corn. Everything.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 06, 2011, 07:39:32 pm »

Gas, clothes, food (duh), and drink! Here's to America!   :P
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 06, 2011, 07:40:42 pm »

Gas, clothes, food (duh), and drink! Here's to America!   :P
Don't forget meat. We make our meat out of corn too  :P

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 06, 2011, 10:28:12 pm »

here's an idea for a weapon: SICKLE!
it is used for farming now, but it has some fierce cutting power. can't stab, and has the reach of a dunno, combat knife or something.
and then we'll be able to control the world with the HAMMER AND SICKLE! COMUNISM POWER, HUAGH! (just some history notes here: the egyptians(ancient ones) used a sickle shaped sword called a khopesh.and in times of the ninja, there were sickles called KAMAs. google both of the notes.)and a picture here:

Wonderful idea! Perhaps I'll move the kukri over to Warlords (Since it is a police weapon used asian/middle eastern countries). The sickle will be available to the player.

Just... Pole + rock block/earthenware block = BIG hammer?
A quick and simple idea :P think of a big sledgehammer

Great idea!

and add potatoes!
growing in autumn and winter (i know this, since my family has a small farm plot (about 30 meters long and 20 wide) and we mostly grow potatoes) they can be cooked, and brewed (VODKA! for a perfect russian-themed fort) they grow in any land except tropical areas. they are very widespread, alot of the small garden owners plant them, so they would absolutely be in handy when the zombies hit.

Hehe, I can picture someone playing a russian themed fortress right now :D

and wild berries!
grow in any forest they can be brewed into wine, and processed into jam, cooked and eaten raw. grow in spring. ONLY. they also yield plenty, so that you'll suffer when thy do not grow. and they are cheap. so that you won't be able to sell them at a niffty price, PLUS other nations could be modded to dislike being offered them. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Personally I like the specific plant species. Having a generic 'Wild Berry' would seem off when there's four or five berries currently in the game. Additionally, planting should be difficult, simply because it's Fun.

and melons.
grow in any deserts, are edible cooked and can be brewed. (just so that we clear this: melons that grow in the wilderness have a really hard shell. try biting through one. i did. broke my tooth. it was a primary tooth, so it had to go out anyway)

Great idea! I need another desert plant. Is there a specific species or should I just say 'Melon' as there is no other melon in the game?

my research has discovered that the best shroom for underground farming would be champignon mushroom, wich can be cooked to be edible.
the other part came from playing metro 2033: MUSHROOM VODKA!

Wonderful!

Yes, I am aware that many plants in the game can be brewed in life, but cannot in the game. Virtually everything can be wined or fermented into alcohol. Some plants are not brewable simply to limit the amount of brewable plants in the game.

They should be added shouldn't they. Of course it wouldn't work like a real gas mask in real life, but i would be an effective helmet, and add to the atmosphere

they drunk distilled rat.

hey, it was booze.

Well, this is a use for live vermin!

-----

I'm really liking the ideas that are being posted!

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 07, 2011, 12:00:49 am »

Progress on the tileset?

Anyways, I have a suggestion. Machetes! (If they are in the game, sorry. I stopped playing because my eyes can't handle ASCII with so many different types of grass >_<)

They are common in jungles and marshes, as they are useful for getting through the thick plants and are used for harvesting some crops like a sickle. There are two things machetes are good for: Cutting down plants by the dozen, and cutting down people by the dozen.

I think you said you were going to add a kukri, which is not the same thing! It drives me nuts when someone calls a kukri a machete or vice versa.

Also, molotov cocktails. Every apocalypse needs 'em.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 07, 2011, 12:15:27 am »

Machetes are in. They're one of the weapons the Privation can actually make, instead of buying it off the warlords like all the cool stuff.
Also, can guns be made in a mood?

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 07, 2011, 04:38:52 am »

Have you ever read "Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks, IT? Gives plenty of inspiration regarding weapons.  ;D Then again, those weapons are "recommended" for zombie-slaying and you do have most of them already in the mod, but it is a good read (if suffering a bit from an acute case of typoism).

Also, since you have removed clothing, won't this make the survivors freeze in glacier biome's? Maybe you can add something like a survival suit? Covers the body, but just thin enough to keep from freezing and thus not a good idea to protect yourself from getting bitten?

Also, would it be possible to have something like a flamethrower? I'm not sure that you can add "breath" effects to weapons, so this might be a longshot. But it would be FUN. !!FUN!! actually.

As for the tileset: you guys can use the "art" set from other graphic sets. While this won't give you full graphics, it will make the grass look like graphical grass. Just get Ironhand or Phoebus and use their ASCII set. It will make the waiting more bareable and so IT doesn't have to rush the next release. :) Mind, just a suggestion!
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 07, 2011, 07:41:40 am »

as far as tileset is concerned, can someone please use the phoebus one? ironhand's look..... well weird, with balls of yarn as plants.

and melons are....melons. not watermelons, but melons.

the underground mushrooms should only be able to be acquired via enlightened.

and the miniature is from games workshop.

PLUS, the whiskey from corn is known i europe, thank you very much (you just shown me, why i don't like america, EuchreJack. it's not that i am alergic to corn, but the one time i was in america, i got really sick of corn.) it's called bourbon.

and the nazis should have trench coats to that gasmask, please.

and why use fuel rod guns, when they can be used for melee? (sorry, got RPed away. is that even possible?)

and another stone, found in the decomposted garbage: plastic! it can be melted, and then used to make quivers, waterbottles, crafts and such. nifty price, though.

AND ANOTHER ONE! kevlar: extract strands, then make into kevlar leather. by making it into leather, it removes the "stone", so your nobles can't demand goblets, coins and such.
it's lightweight, good against ranged, but sucks at melee.

edit: i am in favour of changing peas into beans. for 3 reasons:
1.: the peas are small.
2.: beans are more widespread, and more people like them
3.: my favourite camp song:
tacos, tacos, tacos, burritos,
tacos, tacos, tacos, burritos, burritoos!
tacos, tacos, tacos, burritos,
tacos, tacos, tacos, burritos, burritoos!

2nd edit:
i just noticed this, but i suggested chainsaw CHAINS not BLADES.

3rd edit:
about the riot shields. found this on games workshop site.

METALIC RIOT SHIELDS!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 11:56:29 am by kerlc »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 07, 2011, 12:53:21 pm »

Hey can I request maybe a seperate package in the mod that includes some basic types of clothing, and metal crafts.  I just find it really odd that everyone is stark naked, and some pants, shirts, shoes, socks, gloves.  and gold earrings, braclets and stuff would allow me to use the insane amount of cloth, and (currently) useless gold ore I;m getting.
Nom nom nom

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 07, 2011, 03:10:33 pm »

Just make bags. Sand, dyes, and flour, anyone?
Yeah, melons like melon melons, like the ones you eat in Yoshi's Story to get power-ups. (Yay N64!)
Plus the clothes cause lag. IT 000 said that's why he removed them. They're not even needed, because you don't get frostbite in Fortress Mode.
It's unfortunately impossible to make only Enlightened have them, I think, because for them to get it, they have to appear SOMEWHERE so that they can "harvest" it and sell it to you. If it's in the caves, then it'll be in the caves everywhere. At least that's what he said about tanks.
Just don't rush the next release, IT, and you'll be golden. In my opinion, graphics are 2nd priority to new stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 111