Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 228357 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.6] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #390 on: May 07, 2011, 03:38:25 pm »

ya I know the reason they were removed, and that's why I asked for a sperate packadged file, you'd only need to modify one r two things I think, I jsut don't know what.
Also bug:
The hard lead reaction is broken, I have galena, antimony, and charcoal all right beside my smelters and nothing.
Nom nom nom

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #391 on: May 07, 2011, 04:05:42 pm »

I agree with SirAaronIII about taking ur time IT, mainly due to the fact that I wanna finish my fort in this LP before I have to update :P. Ne ways keep up the good work and I CANNOT wait to see all these new weapons and such it seems incredibly interesting ^_^

Keep up the good work IT I rated ur mod 9/10 on my "reviews" ^_^
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 07, 2011, 09:50:39 pm »

Wow, Warlords are awesome!  I picked up three Warlord Peasants, and they each dual-wielded knives!

We were jumped by desert bandits, outnumbered two-to-one, but we tore them up!

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 08, 2011, 01:44:48 am »

i totally agree that graphics should only be second to new stuff.

as for the wild berries:

i checked a encyclopedia, and there are 3 candidates:

blueberries

wild strawberries

raspberries

take your pick.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 08, 2011, 03:09:56 am »

Progress on the tileset?

About half way done. About 7/16 rows. Plus a few misc graphics.

Have you ever read "Zombie Survival Guide" by Max Brooks, IT? Gives plenty of inspiration regarding weapons.  ;D Then again, those weapons are "recommended" for zombie-slaying and you do have most of them already in the mod, but it is a good read (if suffering a bit from an acute case of typoism).

It was a while ago, but I've looked into it. So I don't remember everything, but I enjoyed it a lot!

Also, would it be possible to have something like a flamethrower? I'm not sure that you can add "breath" effects to weapons, so this might be a longshot. But it would be FUN. !!FUN!! actually.

You cannot add breath effects to weapons, I think a modified grenade thrower might work, but then again it will probably explode in your !!ALPACA LEATHER QUIVER!!, additionally flamethrowers make horrible weapons against zombies, as they do not feel pain they just transform into a !!zombie!! until they burn to death.

As for the tileset: you guys can use the "art" set from other graphic sets. While this won't give you full graphics, it will make the grass look like graphical grass. Just get Ironhand or Phoebus and use their ASCII set. It will make the waiting more bareable and so IT doesn't have to rush the next release. :) Mind, just a suggestion!

I have considered borrowing from a few graphics sets, problem is that none of them 'fit' my current style, so they will look like out of place placeholder graphics. I might use the animals though, but as far as the tileset is concerned it will be very noticeable.

and the nazis should have trench coats to that gasmask, please.

Of course, what's a nazi without trench coats?

and another stone, found in the decomposted garbage: plastic! it can be melted, and then used to make quivers, waterbottles, crafts and such. nifty price, though.

Interesting idea, adding soon.

AND ANOTHER ONE! kevlar: extract strands, then make into kevlar leather. by making it into leather, it removes the "stone", so your nobles can't demand goblets, coins and such.

Seems a tad advanced for the civ, but I really need a use for strand extractors (as if they had a use in vanilla) I'll look into it.

Hey can I request maybe a seperate package in the mod that includes some basic types of clothing, and metal crafts.  I just find it really odd that everyone is stark naked, and some pants, shirts, shoes, socks, gloves.  and gold earrings, braclets and stuff would allow me to use the insane amount of cloth, and (currently) useless gold ore I;m getting.

Alright, I'll stick that on the list.

Keep up the good work IT I rated ur mod 9/10 on my "reviews" ^_^

Great! Thanks you very much! Can't wait to see if you're going to have any more LP's.

blueberries

wild strawberries

raspberries

take your pick.

I might have all three if they're different enough (most without wine of course) I'll look into it

-----

Sorry if my comments appear more terse then usual. It's three AM and I have to go to work in two hours, shows you how my weekends going  :P
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 03:21:48 am by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 08, 2011, 06:56:27 am »

the nazis sound like krieg stormtroopers
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 08, 2011, 07:50:32 am »

the nazis sound like krieg stormtroopers

actually, what i imagined was more like the steel legion of the world of armageddon.

here's some pics from the games workshop site!

a squad of nazis!

you dare tell me this guy does not look like a nazi?

nazi with an ork's head!

nazi with a grenade launcher!

and for the russian themed game i will start (not a succsession one, sorry) when the 1.0.7. comes out:
RUSSIANS!

FOR POTATOES, VODKA, AND AK-74!

Vodka supplies running low. requesting additional potatoes.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 08, 2011, 08:38:03 am »

god i hate vallhallans, but i have to admit they are badass.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 08, 2011, 12:32:25 pm »

why exactly hate them? THEY USE FLAMETHROWERS AND MORTARS!

AND ARE SPACE RUSSIANS!

anyway: a suggestion for those who start in an area with very little to no wood. why do you not make sleeping bag/bedroll(yes, YOU choose the name)? you could mod it to be made from 2 cloth. ANY cloth. (by that i mean star spider silk, since it is the only thing that is omnipresent source of cloth)

and a bug: when i order my weapons workshop to make baseball bats they instead make wooden training weapons. W.T.F.
this has happened AFTER the next post. i accidentaly removed the raw file.

and PLEASE make the baseball bat A BIT MORE POWERFUL. 6 wild dogs killed 3 competent macemen armed with baseball bats. then the tantrum spiral began. i mean HELLO? the baseball bat makes an excellent weapon in RL, but i understand it has to be weaker in-game. BUT W.T.F.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 08, 2011, 02:41:22 pm »

anyway: a suggestion for those who start in an area with very little to no wood. why do you not make sleeping bag/bedroll(yes, YOU choose the name)? you could mod it to be made from 2 cloth. ANY cloth. (by that i mean star spider silk, since it is the only thing that is omnipresent source of cloth)

I can't mod furniture. Otherwise beds would take cloth to begin with.

and a bug: when i order my weapons workshop to make baseball bats they instead make wooden training weapons

I just tried to make baseball bats, my computer froze for four seconds and then I ended up with a +larch chainsaw blade+, additionally, makeshift spears will grab any weapon! I lost a masterwork shear steel chop axe for a -oaken makeshift spear- :(
Fixed now.

and PLEASE make the baseball bat A BIT MORE POWERFUL..

Wild dogs are also very aggressive in real life. Additionally, wood is a bad material in general. I should make them more powerful though.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 08, 2011, 02:53:28 pm »

and PLEASE make the baseball bat A BIT MORE POWERFUL..

Wild dogs are also very aggressive in real life. Additionally, wood is a bad material in general. I should make them more powerful though.
Correct. Wood is a generally "Soft" material, so it is strong. It bends more, so it absorbs energy from the impact leaving less pain on the bad guys face.

If you used aluminum bats of the other hand...

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 08, 2011, 03:04:17 pm »

Alright I did a few quick tests with the baseball bat.

Three regular Privation humans Competent in Fighter, Maceman, Dodger, Armor user, and Shield user. Armed only with a oaken baseball bat against six war dogs.

Test A: One human dead, one human unconscious, one human alive.
Test B: All humans alive with minor cuts and bruises
Test C: *Turned Dodging skill to Adequate, removed armor user and shield user skills, facing 8 wild dogs* All humans still alive with moderate wounds.

Now looking over the plant raws I found out that every wood has a different density, Oak has 700, which from a quick glance is relatively high. So I used alder instead (410) Again humans won every time, resulting in one death on test C, but a noticeable increase in wounds over all.

-----

I'm going to amp them up a tad bit because I feel like they should be slightly better.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 08, 2011, 04:14:10 pm »

Alright I did a few quick tests with the baseball bat.

Three regular Privation humans Competent in Fighter, Maceman, Dodger, Armor user, and Shield user. Armed only with a oaken baseball bat against six war dogs.

Test A: One human dead, one human unconscious, one human alive.
Test B: All humans alive with minor cuts and bruises
Test C: *Turned Dodging skill to Adequate, removed armor user and shield user skills, facing 8 wild dogs* All humans still alive with moderate wounds.

Now looking over the plant raws I found out that every wood has a different density, Oak has 700, which from a quick glance is relatively high. So I used alder instead (410) Again humans won every time, resulting in one death on test C, but a noticeable increase in wounds over all.

-----

I'm going to amp them up a tad bit because I feel like they should be slightly better.
You could just increase the velocity to make it more realistic, and/or increase wood density.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 08, 2011, 04:24:05 pm »

velocity would be good, that's where all the damage comes from in baseball bats in real life, and increasing wood desnsity would have odd effects like making arrows, crossbows, and armor better too.
Nom nom nom

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 09, 2011, 06:45:05 am »

i had mine only competent macemen (thanks, dojo!)

and was "ambushed" by wild dogs. at first there were only 2, but then 4 more appeared.

you REALLY should fix the thing with the makeshift spears.

and i wondered where my "avoco defigo, an artefact machete" went.

edit:

I can't mod furniture. Otherwise beds would take cloth to begin with.
then why don't you make a NEW piece of funiture? or is that something that can't be done? just asking, since i suck at modding.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 08:48:52 am by kerlc »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 111