Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 226874 times)

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.2] A new Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2011, 01:07:46 pm »

Why dont you put things like halberds and spears with this reactions:

Sawmill:

1 log -> 4 long poles (or 2)

Weapons workshop:

1 pole + 1 knife (any kind you want, i suggest large knifes)  +  1 (or 2) screw/s -> 1 spear

1 pole + 1 axe + 1 (or 2) screw/s -> 1 poleaxe

1 pole + 1 machete + 1 (or 2) screw/s -> 1 polearm

They are simple enough to be made by survivors and they are effective, why not make them?

Also, you can simplify that by changing the poles by logs and removing the poles altogeter, but i think it is good for flavour and it also gives sawmills another function. Oh, and sawmills should require a mechanism, but that is another story.

I will post my fort whenever i have time.

P.S.- Remove pus from the rotting skin syndrome, it only stains all the map and lags a lot when they come.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2011, 03:59:09 pm »

1 pole + 1 knife (any kind you want, i suggest large knifes)  +  1 (or 2) screw/s -> 1 spear

1 pole + 1 arm + 1 (or 2) screw/s -> 1 polearm
Fix'd
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2011, 06:15:40 pm »

You may want to change the name of the Metalsmith Forge added by the mod. It's too similar to the Metalsmith's Forge, at least to me. But that might just be because I'm a blind old man.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2011, 06:28:14 pm »

P.S.- Remove pus from the rotting skin syndrome, it only stains all the map and lags a lot when they come.

Yeah the pus is a problem, but no pus no rot (Unless somebody knows a better way). I recommend DFhack, you can use DFcleanmap to get rid of existing contaminants, and DFweather to prevent it from raining during sieges.

DFhack post http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=58809.0

1 pole + 1 machete + 1 (or 2) screw/s -> 1 polearm

Good idea, the lack of spears has always bugged me, but I didn't want to revert to medieval weapons. Makeshift weapons should be possible, they will end up taking the spear skill. Plus I could use it for a few other ideas I have. I will probably have the sawmills cut the logs up into polls.

Oh, and sawmills should require a mechanism, but that is another story.

I agree with you, but due to lack of stone and difficulties mining, mechanisms can be a pain to get.

You may want to change the name of the Metalsmith Forge added by the mod. It's too similar to the Metalsmith's Forge, at least to me. But that might just be because I'm a blind old man.

Face + palm I knew that was a bad idea. Blacksmith's Workshop would be a better name.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2011, 12:14:41 am »

I hereby watch this mod with interest.  Pics or it didn't happen! That is, screenshots, please?  Pretty please?
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2011, 02:16:29 am »

mod pus to evaporate at very low temps? Easy and cheap solution!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2011, 06:20:29 pm »

I'll try a multiple things like this later, I may just have an optional Rotless infected. In the mean time, DFcleanmap works wonders.

I hereby watch this mod with interest.  Pics or it didn't happen! That is, screenshots, please?  Pretty please?

A mason prepares to face the broken world before him.

Speaking of Pics, I've started working on graphics, I'll be uploading a few samples of professions in the coming days.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2011, 07:10:18 pm »

I need help choosing my weapons! My choices are machetes/kukris/army knives for slashing, sledgehammers/crowbars for blunt, and military/hunting rifles for ranged.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2011, 09:31:55 pm »

I'll try a multiple things like this later, I may just have an optional Rotless infected. In the mean time, DFcleanmap works wonders.

The pus evaporates off, leaving constant clouds of smoke trailing the Infected.  :-\
I have developed a mod to remove the pus (and consequently the rot) if it proves to bothersome. Just paste this over the old creature_zombie_di raws
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I need help choosing my weapons! My choices are machetes/kukris/army knives for slashing, sledgehammers/crowbars for blunt, and military/hunting rifles for ranged.

Each sword has it's own advantages and disadvantages. Kukri's are twice as fast, machetes are sort of in the middle but cannot stab, and army knives can stab really well, but their slash is mediocre. There is no 'best weapon'. Mixing it up would be the best option.

Sledgehammers and crowbars are entirely different, crowbars are maces, sledgehammers are hammers. Crowbars have both an edged attack, and blunt attack plus quick speed. I just added crowbars, they have proved to be effective weapons in the arena as they have both a blunt and an edged attack, sadly I could not test them as much as I would have liked. If your looking for a blunt only weapon, I would recommend light clubs, or sledgehammers. Light clubs are quick and deadlier then any blunt weapon in DF because of it, while a sledgehammer can massacre anything infected or not but end up being slow and two handed. Personal preference really.

Military rifles have a bayonet that causes a decent stabbing damage, but cost more to make, that's the only difference between the two. If you can make them, you probably should to make your riflemen effective at melee.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2011, 11:00:46 pm »

Thanks! By the way, there are duplicate hotkeys in the Gunsmith Workshop. [p] is for making pistols, military rifles, AND shotguns.
Plus, it seems a bit useless to make pistols at the Gunsmith Workshop when you can just make them at the regular Metalsmith's Forge.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 12:26:29 am by SirAaronIII »

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2011, 06:13:01 am »

The pus evaporates off, leaving constant clouds of smoke trailing the Infected.  :-\

Give them a long, grasping tongue they can choke you with... you know what I'm saying.

SMOKER!!!
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 07, 2011, 04:29:01 pm »

Thanks! By the way, there are duplicate hotkeys in the Gunsmith Workshop. [p] is for making pistols, military rifles, AND shotguns.
Plus, it seems a bit useless to make pistols at the Gunsmith Workshop when you can just make them at the regular Metalsmith's Forge.

Ehm... my bad, fixed. Enjoy your easy to make pistols until 1.0.3 which should be coming out soon once I get a few more things on the to do list done.

Give them a long, grasping tongue they can choke you with... you know what I'm saying.

SMOKER!!!

hehe I see what you did there...  8)

By the way, I've been making a few graphics over the last few days, and as always I would like your feedback

In order

Miner
Woodworker, Woodcutter, Carpenter
Fisherman (all jobs), fisherman (just fish), fish cleaner/dissector
All hunting/animal jobs, Hunter, Animal trainer/caretaker etc.
Infected Lumbering, Infected Scrawn
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 04:52:17 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 07, 2011, 08:56:13 pm »

This topic alerted me to a possible glitch in the Dojo building.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=81325.msg2145231#msg2145231

I'll fix it in 1.0.3, but in the mean time you probably should avoid using it.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 07, 2011, 09:15:12 pm »

I can't make any crowbars or hammers. When I try to make them, it says "needs steel bars" when I have plenty of steel bars sitting right next to the forge. It's weird because I can still forge other weapons just fine, like machetes, kukris, sledgehammers, light clubs, etc.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2011, 01:01:29 am »

This topic alerted me to a possible glitch in the Dojo building.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=81325.msg2145231#msg2145231

I'll fix it in 1.0.3, but in the mean time you probably should avoid using it.
Thank you for looking at my zombies, now you get another download. I saved it now, and changed settings (like intro), and I'll play it in the morning. Wish me luck!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 111