Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 228777 times)

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.7] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #735 on: June 07, 2011, 11:13:16 am »

and depleted uranium bullets? SYNDROME TIME!!!!!!!!
Live uranium is more likely.

well, duuuh. depleted uranium is armor piercing, muc good it will do to us in the zedpocalypse, when the zeds are unarmored. why waste uranium on the few well stocked humans when hard lead, or full metal jacket (copper or iron) will do just the same?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: June 07, 2011, 11:24:44 am »

and depleted uranium bullets? SYNDROME TIME!!!!!!!!
Live uranium is more likely.

well, duuuh. depleted uranium is armor piercing, muc good it will do to us in the zedpocalypse, when the zeds are unarmored. why waste uranium on the few well stocked humans when hard lead, or full metal jacket (copper or iron) will do just the same?
What does that have to do with what I said?

I just was saying we probably aren't getting any depleted uranium lying around, when live uranium is everywhere and can be mined.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: June 07, 2011, 11:26:14 am »

i am saying, that depleted uranium isn't really useful, except if you give it some kind of a syndrome.

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: June 08, 2011, 03:38:05 am »

A quick question here.

Are the infected's teeth larger than your average humans? Because whenever I get a siege, my gunners open fire and, lo and behold, nearly all of the zombies have fractured or broken teeth! I don't remember this happening in vanilla, so is it to do with making the infected's bite stronger? Or is it a huge coincidence? Or do all zombies use massive dentures when attacking human outposts?  ???   
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

Koji

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: June 08, 2011, 04:31:25 am »

all of the zombies have fractured or broken teeth!

They are trying to eat the bullets.
Dwarvenrealms
ASCII | Graphical
Over 220 new creatures, new civs, new industries, and a fully customized tileset!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: June 08, 2011, 09:52:19 am »

all of the zombies have fractured or broken teeth!

They are trying to eat the bullets.
"MMMmm... Iron"

Plump Helmet and Cat tallow roast with syrup if you get the reference!  ;D

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: June 08, 2011, 12:40:22 pm »

blockedlance?

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: June 08, 2011, 07:51:53 pm »

Quick Survey:

In Corrosion Mod, How do YOU get enough food?
Farming, Hunting, Gathering, Trading, Livestock, Fishing, Combination?

Most of my early forts suffered a lack of food. I'm not a fan of trading for food. Farming has been gimped (deliberately i know), Hunting + Fishing seems ineffective for some reason, Livestock are a massive risk and you need ALOT to be sustainable.

The current fun truth is that when migrants arrive I find it easier to put a bullet in the brainpan of any who are useless, rather than let them into my town. Best do make a clean kill BEFORE they make friends in the fort :D

Also. Does the metal used in rifle construction make them do more damage?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: June 08, 2011, 08:14:22 pm »

Fishing, with a little farming/gathering with a side serving of turkey eggs. Leave a couple eggs so that you can have turkey meat too!
And no, I think it only affects melee attacks with the rifle. Bullet material determines the damage.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: June 09, 2011, 12:19:08 am »

the Mutated Infected should have lawnmower blades instead of the broken ones. or the broken ones should be used like a dagger.

or "looted chopaxe" (deals less damage, due to being dented and/or partialy blunted)

keep the axe heads.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: June 09, 2011, 02:36:25 am »

I think it only affects melee attacks with the rifle. Bullet material determines the damage.

Good to know. My most recent successful embarks have ALOT of coppertin on the wagon. Seems to be working out ok. Also started to build some quickfort alias' and designs for above ground defences. Haven't seen any spitting infected yet. Its very interesting indeed.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: June 09, 2011, 11:43:24 pm »

screenshots? pweeeease? :3

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: June 10, 2011, 01:17:50 pm »

the Mutated Infected should have lawnmower blades instead of the broken ones. or the broken ones should be used like a dagger.

or "looted chopaxe" (deals less damage, due to being dented and/or partialy blunted)

keep the axe heads.

Sure! I'm always open to new ideas for Mutated Infected weapons.

A quick question here.

Are the infected's teeth larger than your average humans? Because whenever I get a siege, my gunners open fire and, lo and behold, nearly all of the zombies have fractured or broken teeth! I don't remember this happening in vanilla, so is it to do with making the infected's bite stronger? Or is it a huge coincidence? Or do all zombies use massive dentures when attacking human outposts?  ???   

Their teeth are larger then humans, this gives them a significantly stronger bite. Teeth also frequently got bashed out in vanilla, it was just less common as most animals had less teeth.

uranium/depleted uranium

Perhaps, I'm hesitant to add 'just another ammo metal' but I could cook a syndrome related bonefire like workshop together. We'll call it a maybe.

Another suggestion would be to make "trash" plants. So you send your guy out with plant gathering and he collects all the Plastic Bottles (barrels), Old auto parts (melt into iron/steel), Tinned Food (non-edible but cookable food). These plants could just not regrow, or maybe only regrow in the Landfill biome :D I would think this will increase my feeling that I am scavenging for items at the start rather than just digging everywhere in the clay until i hit some metals.

I have been fiddling with the same idea for a while. It's met a few stumbling blocks and detours. But it still seems like a very promising idea. However the plants will regrow no matter what. Things like autoparts, discarded clothing, piles of ash, and old bullets seem very likely.

-----

A new way of making bullets is in. Shells are created in 4 stacks of 15. Bullets are created in 4 stacks of 25. Potash is now useful!

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: June 10, 2011, 04:33:20 pm »

A new way of making bullets is in. Shells are created in 4 stacks of 15. Bullets are created in 4 stacks of 25. Potash is now useful!

Huzzah! And thanks to you, I can only picture the infected with huge, dazzling smiles now.  :D Makes for a terrifying image...
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: June 11, 2011, 01:24:23 am »

neato! now i can REALLY get down to buisiness!

also, make underground trees. together with a new cavern race, called "Vault survivors", wich are equipped with some sort of underarmor (like the chainmail in vanilla) and are armed with Slings, crossbows and primitive weapons (daggers, crude swords, makeshift axe etc.)

and add the "sling" to the mutated infected. make the ammo (stones) slow, with a big contact area.

make it use the throwing skill.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 111