Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 228360 times)

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.3] A new Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2011, 09:55:41 pm »

Could you add a reaction to make a wooden spade? It's really annoying to lose your only miner who has your only spade to the rock you didn't know was there.

Isn't the spade still usable?
Ahh, I see. The idea I got was that it was long term death. I wasn't here...
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

bowie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2011, 10:09:40 pm »

I'm loving this mod  :D
small problem: there is no "make cupronickel bars (use ore)" in the smelter
Keep up the good work!
Must... Eat... Demon... Rat ARGLEBLARGH *crash* OMNOMNOMNOM
Tastes.. like... SAAAAATAAAAAAAAN!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 10, 2011, 02:47:18 am »

That may be intentional, as some alloys on vanilla DF don't have an ore option (rose gold, black bronze, bismuth bronze, and sterling silver, among others).
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 10, 2011, 04:52:13 am »

small problem: there is no "make cupronickel bars (use ore)" in the smelter
Keep up the good work!

I couldn't find any mention of direct smelting from ores to bars. Then again, I probably should change it. Five things of coke is hardly worth the useable nickel. To balance it out, I'll have to have a different ratio, two bars of nickel, instead of three should do the trick.

Also I've changed Cupronickel's stats, it used to be based off of nickel. It should be better then copper now.

Thanks for your input.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 04:55:14 am by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 10, 2011, 09:34:33 am »

Once I get settled in, I'm going to build a megaproject monument to the tenacity of humanity!  Volcano rock, wood blocks, and gold!
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2011, 02:33:56 pm »

Once I get settled in, I'm going to build a megaproject monument to the tenacity of humanity!  Volcano rock, wood blocks, and gold!

You'll have to post pictures sometime :D

By the way, apparently one of my ancestors was a dwarf. They wrote a book about how to make wine, and even included recipes. There's all sorts of recipes in the book, blackberry, chokeberry, dandelion, onion, even pumpkin wine just to name a few. So I might be adding in a few more plants later. Specifically in tundra/taiga zones.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 02:50:44 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2011, 03:58:09 pm »

Could you please scam the book and post it for the good of dwarfkind (pretty please :3 i really want to see it)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2011, 07:14:45 pm »

You'll have to post pictures sometime :D

By the way, apparently one of my ancestors was a dwarf. They wrote a book about how to make wine, and even included recipes. There's all sorts of recipes in the book, blackberry, chokeberry, dandelion, onion, even pumpkin wine just to name a few. So I might be adding in a few more plants later. Specifically in tundra/taiga zones.
I worship thee.

bowie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2011, 03:48:53 am »

Could you please scam the book and post it for the good of dwarfkind (pretty please :3 i really want to see it)

+1

PS. I am planning to create a succesion fort combining this mod and the classic "build a ship fort". It would actually make a lot of sense; Humans trying to escape the zombie horde by leaving them behind and trying to find a new world. If you're interested PM me, I will be creating a topic soon but would appreciate any more ideas/mod updates before I start it. 
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 03:52:49 am by bowie »

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2011, 04:11:00 am »

if you make that fort, i want to be the second or the third! I have always wanted to do one of those. Also, try to do it in a major river, it is easier

bowie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2011, 04:37:40 am »

Yay! it's good to have people who have a real interest in a succesion fort, helps to keep it going. Thanks NightS :)

PS again: If you want you could PM me some character details so I can "dorf" you and integrate you into the starting story more. just a suggestion.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 04:53:29 am by bowie »

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2011, 06:53:09 am »

FEAR MY GORDON FREEMAN ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!

just kidding, i have like 20 people wih crowbars and in red (i wish it was orange) armorplates.

just beaten like 2 sieges.

!!SCIENCE!! is much more !!FUN!! when you add crowbars to it.

TheDarkJay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 11, 2011, 10:58:55 am »

So I fought off two sieges in a row from infected with a lone sniper with a rifle and some clever "OPEN THE BRIDGE! NOW CLOSE IT! NOW OPEN IT AGAIN!" work. As my drones left to start clearing the debris and cutting trees again, they got ambushed by Desert Humans with pistols. I got everybody inside and shut the bridge before my sniper got back up to pick them off, but enough people got injured that a tantrum spiral was started and men and women started going berserk left right and centre. Amidst trying to contain it all I got sieged again, and people were too busy to pull the damn lever and raise the bridge. That...ended badly.

All in all, it was an awesome experience and that ending felt very George Romero. It wasn't the zombies that caused all those deaths...

Also I found a glitch: When deconstructing a steel cage I got from traders, it produced 150 steel bars. I think that may be a few too many? xD
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 11:08:36 am by TheDarkJay »

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2011, 11:55:33 am »

So I fought off two sieges in a row from infected with a lone sniper with a rifle and some clever "OPEN THE BRIDGE! NOW CLOSE IT! NOW OPEN IT AGAIN!" work. As my drones left to start clearing the debris and cutting trees again, they got ambushed by Desert Humans with pistols. I got everybody inside and shut the bridge before my sniper got back up to pick them off, but enough people got injured that a tantrum spiral was started and men and women started going berserk left right and centre. Amidst trying to contain it all I got sieged again, and people were too busy to pull the damn lever and raise the bridge. That...ended badly.

All in all, it was an awesome experience and that ending felt very George Romero. It wasn't the zombies that caused all those deaths...

Also I found a glitch: When deconstructing a steel cage I got from traders, it produced 150 steel bars. I think that may be a few too many? xD
Why do you say such nonsense?

Yeah, that is very badass/George Romero.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2011, 12:29:45 pm »

so....hungry.....

my fortress was overrun. i retreated to the second barrier, but there were too many people for the fortress to sustain. i tried killing off some, but the tantrums began.

restarted the game and am in a pickle since there is no usable rock around me.

anyway, awesome game.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 111