Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 228354 times)

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.7] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #750 on: June 11, 2011, 07:16:14 am »

I have been fiddling with the same idea for a while. It's met a few stumbling blocks and detours. But it still seems like a very promising idea. However the plants will regrow no matter what. Things like autoparts, discarded clothing, piles of ash, and old bullets seem very likely.

They arnt regrowing. The winds of the apocalyptic landscape are constantly unearthing new discarded treasures

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: June 11, 2011, 08:27:20 am »

I have been fiddling with the same idea for a while. It's met a few stumbling blocks and detours. But it still seems like a very promising idea. However the plants will regrow no matter what. Things like autoparts, discarded clothing, piles of ash, and old bullets seem very likely.

They arnt regrowing. The winds of the apocalyptic landscape are constantly unearthing new discarded treasures

ummmmm... i did not say that.

i actually don't know who said the last part.

watch it with quotes. ;)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 10:31:19 am by kerlc »

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: June 12, 2011, 10:39:42 am »

also, make underground trees. together with a new cavern race, called "Vault survivors", wich are equipped with some sort of underarmor (like the chainmail in vanilla) and are armed with Slings, crossbows and primitive weapons (daggers, crude swords, makeshift axe etc.)

I have experimented with trees before 1.0.0 and decided not to use them. Trees only being outside gives you a reason to risk your humans in woodchopping.

The Vault Survivors idea is a great idea and I plan on adding them. Under a different name, and with the same technology level as the Privations for Maximum Fun. I've also been brainstorming some more cavern tribes and critters lately and I have a number of ideas. Sentient masses of mold. Giant Cockroaches, tiny cockroaches as vermin.

and add the "sling" to the mutated infected. make the ammo (stones) slow, with a big contact area.

make it use the throwing skill.

Mutated Infected already have Spitters. I may add some sort of weapon like the sling, but I would say that the zombies would not be agile or smart enough to use the sling and probably would just whip you with the sling.

That is an amazing reason, I salute you. But still there are a number of hurdles I have to jump over. It's still possible though.

-----

Plastic is causing some major issues. I've exhausted a half dozen ways to make it work. Having plastic in individual reactions clutters up the workshop. Having plastic go from Plastic -> Thread -> Cloth adamantine style is basically useless without clothes. I have to scrap this project so that I can move onto Kevlar.

-----

QUESTION OF THE POST

How's the tileset look? Any tiles your not happy with?

-----
ESSENTIAL PLANS FOR 1.0.8
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 10:54:34 am by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: June 12, 2011, 01:01:50 pm »

the only thing i'd change in the graphics is....pause for drammatic effect.... water. and remove the punctuation.

i get it with the sling and all that.

new idea for TFB!

the FLAMEMASTER,

description: has some gizmos from the old days, a high tech steel/anyotherepicmetalyou'dlike, but during his experiments with the flamethrower (that turns air (and water) into gas) he burned his skin onto the armor, becomig as one with it and the flamethrower. (you can remove this next part if you like) AND CAN FLY DUE TO THE JETPACKS IN THE ARMOR! HOW COOL IS THAT!?(end of removal-if-you-want) because the armor also gives him doses of "the cure" regulary, he can not die. his brain is intact, so he is more inteligent than you think. also, he can fling fireballs. (a trick he learned in his many years?)

in Modding:
skin out of steel/anyotherawesomemetalyou'dlike, FIREBREATH, FIRE_IMMUNE, etc.
oh, with a high damblock!

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: June 12, 2011, 02:35:04 pm »

the Abominatio alpha:
an huge vile fiend incapable of telling friend fron foe, gives of an fluid that causes extreme blistering, pain and puking, beware its teeth.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: June 12, 2011, 04:40:29 pm »

Semimegabeast - the Armored Infected (bad name)
A huge, very strong, mutated infected that has bony armor and spikes, and maybe a blade arm.

Cave Creature - the Deep Bane
Basically like the flesh ball, but giant, and with a very powerful blunt attack called Engulf

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: June 13, 2011, 07:37:48 am »

Semi/megabeast: Hobo with a shotgun. nuff said.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: June 13, 2011, 10:03:56 am »

A huge, very strong, mutated infected that has bony armor and spikes, and maybe a blade arm.

Basically like the flesh ball, but giant, and with a very powerful blunt attack called Engulf
Meh on the first one, agreed on the second.

The Cave Blob will work well, just don't make it secrete blood  :P

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: June 14, 2011, 10:07:42 am »

all of those who like rocket propelled bullets, read this and cry, cause you do not have one.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: June 14, 2011, 10:57:33 am »

all of those who like rocket propelled bullets, read this and cry, cause you do not have one.
That's something you can show off ("I have I gun that fires mini-rockets faster than the speed of sound!"), but isn't really practical...

$100 a pop? Really?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: June 14, 2011, 11:55:01 am »

A large, highly destructive robot with a corrupted IFF called "Prometheus Mk IV"

It sports a large close range cannon capable of propelling objects at great speeds, often splattering them if they were made of flesh, a minigun (which uses high density materials for ammo to compensate for speed.), optional giant blade (either taken seriously, or defined differently in castes.) and a freeze/fire ray.

It's body structure is not humanoid, rather, it runs on drill tank treads, like the Shagohod from the Metal Gear series.

Due to the fact that it's mostly old, abandoned and broken, it should have some kind of weakness, like brain parts sticking outside of the tank itself, made out of glass.

Of course, I doubt that this will get submitted, as this is quite overkill and !!FUN!!.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: June 14, 2011, 01:40:42 pm »

Great ideas! I played around with a giant blob when I used to play vanilla, it was nigh unstopable even though it was only human size. As for the first one, perhaps the name Cutter to follow the trend of current megabeast names.

the Abominatio alpha:
an huge vile fiend incapable of telling friend fron foe, gives of an fluid that causes extreme blistering, pain and puking, beware its teeth.

Wonderfully Fun! What should it look like? Quadruped? Humanoid?

Semi/megabeast: Hobo with a shotgun. nuff said.

I can't give creatures weapons. But if I could I would.

the FLAMEMASTER,

description: has some gizmos from the old days, a high tech steel/anyotherepicmetalyou'dlike, but during his experiments with the flamethrower (that turns air (and water) into gas) he burned his skin onto the armor, becomig as one with it and the flamethrower. (you can remove this next part if you like) AND CAN FLY DUE TO THE JETPACKS IN THE ARMOR! HOW COOL IS THAT!?(end of removal-if-you-want) because the armor also gives him doses of "the cure" regulary, he can not die. his brain is intact, so he is more inteligent than you think. also, he can fling fireballs. (a trick he learned in his many years?)

in Modding:
skin out of steel/anyotherawesomemetalyou'dlike, FIREBREATH, FIRE_IMMUNE, etc.
oh, with a high damblock!

I like the idea, perhaps he's some failed anti-zombie experiment. I'll see if I can get him partly covered in armor and partly covered in flesh. Jetpacks seem a bit overkill for an already epic and deadly creature, additionally jetpacks are iffy technology today. If it was created by humans I want it to sort of be within the realms of possibilities. Seems a little tricky to mod in, but I'll probably do it.

A large, highly destructive robot with a corrupted IFF called "Prometheus Mk IV"

It sports a large close range cannon capable of propelling objects at great speeds, often splattering them if they were made of flesh, a minigun (which uses high density materials for ammo to compensate for speed.), optional giant blade (either taken seriously, or defined differently in castes.) and a freeze/fire ray.

I could make it some rogue cavern killing tank that can't tell the difference between human and Gloomapeck. However there are still a number of problems. Miniguns are not possible, but I can make it 'spit' shots. Rays are not possible, Firebreath is, but it won't fire it's 'gun' and it's firebreath at the same time. I am hesitant to add it because it seems a bit to sci-fi for the game, but on the other hand caverns are supposed to be Fun Houses. A strong maybe.

-----

I have been experimenting with non-alcoholic beverages. In theory, I could create a plant that once collected you could extract plant essence to gain a barrel of 'water' which could be used to drink or be used in a concrete reaction. Turns out concrete can be done with just crushed up rocks. I'll try to get a RL plant, but if I can't find one a 'plant' with a barrel graphic will do.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 02:11:18 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: June 14, 2011, 10:25:20 pm »

The tileset is kinda iffy. Ocean tiles just look plain weird, and sand floor looks like I designated a wall for digging. I can't tell if the stairs are up and down, but I think that's just my eyes being dumb. My brain is kinda wired for ASCII at this point. Stockpiles seem like they turn whole tiles black. Most of the tiles seem pretty good though. I can tell what most of everything else is, but I haven't played long enough to see the infected yet(Did see them in previous versions, just that it was in ASCII. Also, Fun was had.). The mod so far is pretty great.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: June 15, 2011, 12:23:42 am »

That's something you can show off ("I have I gun that fires mini-rockets faster than the speed of sound!"), but isn't really practical...

$100 a pop? Really?

well, duuh. it's out of production for quite a while now. and, no, it isn't really practical, BUT IT IS ONE STEP CLOSER TO THE BOLTER!!!!!!!

Quote from: IT 000

I can't give creatures weapons. But if I could I would.

too bad, but you can give ita ranged attack, firing globs, can't you? or am i thinking about the wizard tower mod? (mages shoot mageec missileeaasssesss!!!!!)

we could justify by making an item called "shotgun" on his body (prefferebly on the hands) and make it (almost) indestructible!!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (is that even possi-YES IT IS, NOW SHUT UP! i'm just not sure....)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: June 15, 2011, 10:28:49 am »

$100 a pop? Really?

well, duuh. it's out of production for quite a while now. and, no, it isn't really practical, BUT IT IS ONE STEP CLOSER TO THE BOLTER!!!!!!!
Am I the only sci-fi/fantasy nerd that does not play D&D or Warhammer?  :P
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 111