Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 229190 times)

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.7] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #780 on: June 18, 2011, 12:02:30 am »

You can make porcelain?  :o Sorry, I had no idea.

Feel free to remove it. Having a non lethal stone that can be used to make things with would be nice. My last fort had everything made from native coal. That stuff was everywhere. And not a drop of iron to be found...then again, that is Dwarf Fortress. Swimming in coal but with nothing to melt  ::)
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 18, 2011, 12:43:18 am »

i use porcelain. that is i USED porcelain, untill i sold it to some warlords for 4 obrezs and alot of their stuff.. it was A LOT OF porcelain. and beer. and a caged elephant. the bastards were still able to go away with 1 cloth bin.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 18, 2011, 01:50:54 am »

Just a thought. On your need to use the Dissector skills.

Fish; Mussels, Urchins, Blow fish. These raw fish need to be Disected before eating.

Animals; Venom Inducing Animals. Can be used to create Medicine...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: June 18, 2011, 02:37:56 am »

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... roach soup.

Currently only mammals can be pickled, rats, squirrels, birds. However I am probably going to do something similar with insects. Maybe just dried _____ .

here's something all of you FRP fans will remember (soon to be possible in corrosion) iguana-on-a-stick!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 18, 2011, 09:42:31 am »

Here's some screenshots of the previously mentioned graphics

New Snow tiles and a scene from my fort after the latest Scavenger Attack.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The same tile seen in a river.

Again in a desert (looks a little bit weird)

And the new barrel/stockpile graphic

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... roach soup.

Currently only mammals can be pickled, rats, squirrels, birds. However I am probably going to do something similar with insects. Maybe just dried _____ .

here's something all of you FRP fans will remember (soon to be possible in corrosion) iguana-on-a-stick!

Well I'll have to mod in iguana's now :D

Just a thought. On your need to use the Dissector skills.

Fish; Mussels, Urchins, Blow fish. These raw fish need to be Disected before eating.

Animals; Venom Inducing Animals. Can be used to create Medicine...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure you need to capture these fish in an animal trap. So while it is more accurate, fishermen would still be able to catch and eat raw fish.

The Blowfish would be possible, perhaps the sea nettle jellyfish or something. But I'll have to wait until medicine and poison-able weapons come out before it'll be useful.

-----

I am going to start cleaning up the smelters and metals soon. Smelting with bars will yield more stone then smelting with ores. The following metals are up for elimination, if there are protests I'd be happy to take them off the list. Likewise if you wish to submit your own and there's some agreement and no disagreement from me  I will add it.

Electrum -> The only advantage is saving fuel in the ore reaction. Other then that just another yellow metal.
Bismuth -> Only used in Bismuth Bronze reaction
Bismuth Bronze -> Not significantly better then bronze, seems like a useless step.
Sterling Silver -> Again, only advantage is saving fuel.
Nickel Silver -> You should be making brass and Cupurnickel instead of this.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 10:19:10 am by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: June 18, 2011, 05:35:21 pm »

I am going to start cleaning up the smelters and metals soon. Smelting with bars will yield more stone then smelting with ores. The following metals are up for elimination, if there are protests I'd be happy to take them off the list. Likewise if you wish to submit your own and there's some agreement and no disagreement from me  I will add it.

Electrum -> The only advantage is saving fuel in the ore reaction. Other then that just another yellow metal.
Bismuth -> Only used in Bismuth Bronze reaction
Bismuth Bronze -> Not significantly better then bronze, seems like a useless step.
Sterling Silver -> Again, only advantage is saving fuel.
Nickel Silver -> You should be making brass and Cupurnickel instead of this.

I would be fine with these metals being removed, and I agree with your point about bismuth bronze. Is it supposed to be marginally better at blunt attacks or something? I am not sure about the specifics, but the slight stat boost isn't really worth the use of precious fuel.

And I like the new look for snow/sand/water, a nice improvement on the ones used at the moment. I am seriously looking forward to the next DF update. We (hopefully) will be able to actually have a "Zombie has bitten the lonely fisherman, will he/won't he turn into a flesh-crazed living corpse?" situation.

On that note, what are your plans for the mechanics of the infection? Will the victim always turn into a Zombie, or will they sometimes just die from the infection? Or maybe even recover? (That option would probably have to be quite rare...)
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 18, 2011, 07:22:11 pm »

I would be fine with these metals being removed, and I agree with your point about bismuth bronze. Is it supposed to be marginally better at blunt attacks or something? I am not sure about the specifics, but the slight stat boost isn't really worth the use of precious fuel.

According to the wiki they are exactly the same. But it doesn't pay off to have either another stone to compete with or another clutter in the smelter.

And I like the new look for snow/sand/water, a nice improvement on the ones used at the moment. I am seriously looking forward to the next DF update. We (hopefully) will be able to actually have a "Zombie has bitten the lonely fisherman, will he/won't he turn into a flesh-crazed living corpse?" situation.

I plan on zombies being able to transform other people into zombies (or at the least make them berzerk)

The chances and symptoms of a bite depend on the zombie that bit the human.

Scrawns/Lumbering: Fever within the first few days. Guaranteed so you know they were bitten. Fever persists for a number of weeks followed by a host of nasty syndromes. Zombism will have a 25-50% chance of happening and won't happen until a season has passed, giving you enough time to deal (or at least restrain the subject)

Evasive: Probably same as above.

Daunting/Spitters: For 1-3 weeks there will be no symptoms. Then suddenly, massive nausea, coughing blood, dizziness, fever, the works. They will become a zombie a few ingame days later (about 1-2 minutes)

-----

By the way, any Corrosion succession games going on?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 08:09:03 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 19, 2011, 08:07:49 am »

not taht i would know.

can anyone make a custom map? prefferably in the shape of (either) USA and canada, Europe, Asia, southern America, Africa?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 19, 2011, 12:38:39 pm »

A bit late, but without magma, I think porcelain and pretty much any other clay is too much work for too little gain.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: June 19, 2011, 01:38:37 pm »

According to the wiki they are exactly the same. But it doesn't pay off to have either another stone to compete with or another clutter in the smelter.

I plan on zombies being able to transform other people into zombies (or at the least make them berzerk)

The chances and symptoms of a bite depend on the zombie that bit the human.

Scrawns/Lumbering: Fever within the first few days. Guaranteed so you know they were bitten. Fever persists for a number of weeks followed by a host of nasty syndromes. Zombism will have a 25-50% chance of happening and won't happen until a season has passed, giving you enough time to deal (or at least restrain the subject)

Evasive: Probably same as above.

Daunting/Spitters: For 1-3 weeks there will be no symptoms. Then suddenly, massive nausea, coughing blood, dizziness, fever, the works. They will become a zombie a few ingame days later (about 1-2 minutes)

-----

By the way, any Corrosion succession games going on?

When the next version is released, are you going to mod in zombie mutants? Like gaining special powers of speed and strength ala Wesker?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 19, 2011, 11:57:06 pm »

the spitting infected spit rocks, scrawn infected are OHMYGODWHERETHEHELLISMYSPLEEN??? fast, lumbering are strong, slow and can knock down buildings.

and there is the sulking infected who kidnap babies, and have this ability:

A: dum de dum, i am going to cut down some trees.
An Ambush! Curse Them!
A: OMGOMGOMG!!!!!! *dies very painfully*

so, enough variety for ya?

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 20, 2011, 05:31:21 am »

As Kerlc said there is already some variety, and I am open to new ideas for zombie types. But Zombies at the moment are already stronger then humans so the Wesker would just seem overkill.

Scrawns : Fast but weak
Lumbering : Slow but Strong, building destroyer
Skulking : Average in everything except speed, but can ambush
Spitting : Spits globs from a distance
Daunting : Bigger and badder then the Lumbering

So if you (or anyone else for that matter) have any ideas for new types I'd be open to them.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 05:37:57 am by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 20, 2011, 05:49:50 am »

civilised infected. like the daunting, but in TOP HATS!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 20, 2011, 05:53:43 am »

L4D type virus immune humans, or humans that mutate into half-zombies when bitten (they remain civilized with mutant powers, like the wesker. sorry for not elaborating.)
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 20, 2011, 05:56:01 am »

for the clothing mod: TOP HATS!

otherwise, yes i thought along your ways, New Guy, but i am just soooooo cheerful now. and that vodka helps, thank you!
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 111