Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 229018 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.7] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #795 on: June 20, 2011, 12:30:05 pm »

Is it just me, kerlc, or are you always drunk? :P
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: June 20, 2011, 12:35:54 pm »

Is it just me, kerlc, or are you always drunk? :P

mostly. high sometimes. but now, i am extra drunk/high, cause the school ended. the dried quarry bush leaves just make a lovely joint.  :P

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #797 on: June 21, 2011, 02:08:08 am »

What fares better, wooden or leather armor?

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: June 21, 2011, 02:47:23 am »

I suspect that wood does, but I don't know for definite. Anyone done any tests/looked at the raws?
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: June 21, 2011, 04:31:14 am »

Just try it in the arena, duh :P

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: June 21, 2011, 07:55:46 am »

I was told wood does.

L4D type virus immune humans, or humans that mutate into half-zombies when bitten (they remain civilized with mutant powers, like the wesker. sorry for not elaborating.)

A good idea, I will probably make them into a [SKULKING] civ. Desert Devils just start ambushing after the 3rd year. I will need to work on their bodies and such, adding several castes that have rotten arms, legs, torsos etc, they will probably get weak, but covering armor to hide their appearance.

-----

I'm experimenting with the time Mutated Infected arrive. They should arrive after the first year. Possibly after the 3-5th year if you don't get an artifact.

Oh and I think I found a use for Strand Extractor. According to wikipedia

Gold can be made into thread and used in embroidery.
Gold rope anyone?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 09:38:54 am by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: June 21, 2011, 10:25:07 am »

Oooo...I could chain my scout kittens up in style...Or any captured zombies...I could make a pit of chained up zombies and feed captured Desert people to them! (Would this work? Or are the Infected not hostile to the other Civs?)  ???

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: June 21, 2011, 12:10:04 pm »

you fancy posh people with your gold ropes. BONES are the future! (no, seriously, i had 6 artefacts so far, 5 of them were bone ropes, one was a SHELL rope)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: June 21, 2011, 12:16:43 pm »

you fancy posh people with your gold ropes. BONES are the future! (no, seriously, i had 6 artefacts so far, 5 of them were bone ropes, one was a SHELL rope)
uuuuuuh
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: June 21, 2011, 12:17:08 pm »

I was told wood does.

L4D type virus immune humans, or humans that mutate into half-zombies when bitten (they remain civilized with mutant powers, like the wesker. sorry for not elaborating.)

A good idea, I will probably make them into a [SKULKING] civ. Desert Devils just start ambushing after the 3rd year. I will need to work on their bodies and such, adding several castes that have rotten arms, legs, torsos etc, they will probably get weak, but covering armor to hide their appearance.

-----

I'm experimenting with the time Mutated Infected arrive. They should arrive after the first year. Possibly after the 3-5th year if you don't get an artifact.

Oh and I think I found a use for Strand Extractor. According to wikipedia

Gold can be made into thread and used in embroidery.
Gold rope anyone?

Gold is very flexible. Some prefer it to be in their stomachs. I prefer to use it as an electric conductor.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: June 21, 2011, 12:37:10 pm »

well, you know what the dwarwes in Discworld say!

"we don't REALLY love gold. we just say that to it to get ti into bed."

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 21, 2011, 06:11:26 pm »

I've decided to go all out in the metal making industry, finding uses for useless or partly useless metals.

A bar of zinc can be used to make a log fireproof. (Zinc Chloride is used as a fire retardant) It counts as paint, so you won't be able to have a painted fireproof log. With this comes a new building. The 'Lab' which will contain a variety of chemistry things in the future.

In the future zinc and the lab will be used for batteries. Additionally the lab will have a small percentage of having something go wrong and a boulder of deadly gas will spawn from the lab giving the user a variety of ill effects depending on the reaction.

Ahah! I got the improvements to work!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cheese for everyone!!!

Scratch that.... made it into a rope
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Cheese for no one.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 06:47:21 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: June 22, 2011, 12:17:18 am »

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo why the cheese???  :P

just kidding, so we can now PAINT the logs to make 'em fireproof? neat! can't wait for the next version!

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: June 22, 2011, 07:18:44 am »

I'm thinking of giving this mod a try, but I have one worry. With stone being undiggable, professions like Masonry, Engraving, Furnace Ops, Stone dumping and Siege Ops training (with stone) will become obsolete. The problem with this is that most of my useless migrants are drafted into one of the above if they are not fit for military. I don't want to play that easy mode, so I can have the full experience. What should I do for my useless migrants? (military fodder is not an option. I hate doing that when there could be other options.)

Also, what should I export? No stone = no mugs, and no gem working means no adding the value of wooden crafts that I could export. Exporting prepared meals is an option, I guess, but I would really rather not.

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: June 22, 2011, 09:40:30 am »

Also, what should I export? No stone = no mugs, and no gem working means no adding the value of wooden crafts that I could export. Exporting prepared meals is an option, I guess, but I would really rather not.

There are spiders on the surface that are similar to cave spiders. They leave webbing all around their nests (Unless it rains) I tend to harvest this and make a load of silk crafts. As regards to your question about migrants, I'm not really sure.

I usually don't mind having a few idling around, but maybe a large logging operation? Wood is a prime resource in these zombie-infested times. Also, stone isn't undiggable, it just tends to kill the miners  ;) So I just make groups of suicide miners. Recover the picks and wait for the next wave of volunteers...heh...heh...heh...   
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 111