Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 226892 times)

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.7] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #810 on: June 22, 2011, 12:23:04 pm »

as far as i know, make clay stuff. and silk. and leather. bonus if you use kittns/cats (i have 57 caged cats, and 14 kittens, there are 5 cvat pairs to keep the fort clean)

and there is SHINY.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 22, 2011, 02:42:32 pm »

Privations graphics are done  :D

Only problem is that those guys aren't elites. (fixed)

Here's the entire set

Additionally I figured out a workaround for the gold thread problem. Instead of decorating with thread, you decorate with cloth This allows you to decorate many more things. Such as chains, chairs, tables, bracers. Only problem is I may need to create a new workshop for it since so many reactions will be needed.

I'm thinking of giving this mod a try, but I have one worry. With stone being undiggable, professions like Masonry, Engraving, Furnace Ops, Stone dumping and Siege Ops training (with stone) will become obsolete. The problem with this is that most of my useless migrants are drafted into one of the above if they are not fit for military. I don't want to play that easy mode, so I can have the full experience. What should I do for my useless migrants? (military fodder is not an option. I hate doing that when there could be other options.)

Also, what should I export? No stone = no mugs, and no gem working means no adding the value of wooden crafts that I could export. Exporting prepared meals is an option, I guess, but I would really rather not.

Only one stone isn't diggable. The others have a chance of killing your miners. Additionally there is an optional safe stone mod that makes the layers of rock safe to dig. So that is always an option.

Furnace operating is still essential to the fort, ores and whatnot are still underground. Masonry, Mechanics, and Engraving aren't really obsolete there's still plenty of stone to engrave or you could always turn ores into statues and whatnot to conserve fuel (which I frequently do). Gem Cutting and Encrusting are the only ones that took a serious hit. But in the next version this is alleviated by the ability to polish boulders into gems. Catipults can easily be replaced with wooden ballistic bolts.

While some jobs did take a hit. You must also consider that many jobs have skyrocketed in demand. Carpenters, Woodcutters, and Wood Burners who are now more important then ever. Additionally the constant need for gunparts and bullets increases the demand for Lye Makers, Potash Makers, Weaponsmiths and Furnace Operators. And since the only armor that covers your legs can only be made of leather. Hunters, Butchers, Tanners, and Leatherworkers receive a boost. Which also helps Bone Carvers, Haulers, and Cooks! Star Spiders also make an infinite (almost annoying) source of thread, which boosts Beekeepers, Weavers, Dyers, Clothiers, and even the planters that grow the dyeing plants! Industries have been expanded enormously!

Useless Migrants are becoming less of a problem. I already have a very useful reaction for Trappers, and Dissectors. Where you can capture and pickle or dry vermin into cookable food (next version though). In the mean time, you could draft your migrants into carpenters, woodcutters, wood burners, potash makers, and furnace operators. Additionally you could draft them into a rifle squad. They won't be cannon fodder, rather an essential part of your military, and would still be decently powerful as bullets are far superior to crossbows (and are much stronger in the next version)

Exporting is a bit trickier overall. Bone, wood, glass, and pottery are always options, a finely glazed craft can fetch quite a penny from the traders. You could export weapons if you need to. Make sledge hammers to train up weaponsmithing then just throw them at the merchants when they show up.

-----

:::IMPORTANT:::

I just started a community adventurer in Corrosion! See this post! I'd be ecstatic as a dwarf in a golden dining room if you guys joined in :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 09:23:10 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 23, 2011, 12:15:55 am »

You could export weapons if you need to. Make sledge hammers to train up weaponsmithing then just throw them at the merchants when they show up.

heh, heh, heh.... throw them at the merchants..... anyway, thanks for the great post! and i'll check out that post of yours.

edit: is it possible to make a workshop that makes rotten stuff into potash? like compost heap?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 02:19:38 am by kerlc »

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 23, 2011, 10:07:17 am »

Exporting weapons would actually make a lot of sense in the present scenario. More than mugs and prepared meals, anyway. And I thought this was going to make my DF experience less realistic!

The compost heap idea makes sense, although I myself have no need for fertilizers.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 23, 2011, 12:17:52 pm »

Great! Welcome to Corrosion Pan!

In the next version, Potash will be used in making bullets. (potash + charcoal = Potassium Nitrate + Charcoal = Gunpowder) other jobs are gradually becoming more and more important :D

edit: is it possible to make a workshop that makes rotten stuff into potash? like compost heap?

I'll see if I can. I don't know if I can use rotten plants specifically in a reaction, but I will look up more ways to make Potash. Apparently there is a natural potash ore that forms in dry oceans. So I could add a new mineral.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 12:22:01 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 23, 2011, 12:56:57 pm »

i don't mean just rotten plants. rotten limbs, food, everything. you could make if first intoa "compost" bar/block, then into a potash block at the potash maker.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 24, 2011, 09:13:48 pm »

i don't mean just rotten plants. rotten limbs, food, everything. you could make if first intoa "compost" bar/block, then into a potash block at the potash maker.

Still, requesting just rotten items may pose a problem, I am not aware of a tag that allows me to.

-----

Right now I'm tidying up some graphics, Trying to finish Desert Devil's civilian professions before my adventurer runs into them. I'll get started on the Reinheit entity and stuff now.

After playing a fort with no weapons grade metal besides lead, I seek to add more makeshift weapons. I have added sharpened stick, and I'll be adding the brick on a rope soon. I will also add variants of the crossbow. Mini-crossbows (1 handed), Bayonet Crossbows, and Mace Crossbows are incoming. Both the bayonet and mace crossbows will suffer a slight reduction of force to make up for their superior melee, but well worth it.

Additionally, I would like to see a few succession games go up soon. It would be nice to see one going.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 09:38:16 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 24, 2011, 11:30:55 pm »

Does... Does the cheese maker have cheese on his head? O-o

Also. What aboot a bowling ball mace? xD

Edit(so as to not look like a douche): The tileset looks good. I've taken a bit of a break from DF to try out Terraria, but all this new juicey content is making it harder to focus on killing slimes and being molested bu Cthulu's eyeballs :p
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 11:34:48 pm by Lolzwheejars »

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 25, 2011, 06:32:21 am »

Turn out trying to flush remaining zombies and the corpses of your friends off the cliff into the bigger river by digging a channel with your last remaining man results in enraged hippos tearing that man alive.
Survived: almost a year!

boy, cliffs are so awesome

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 25, 2011, 06:42:42 am »

How the heck did you get such an awesome cliff like that?

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: June 25, 2011, 06:46:59 am »

Bigger rivers tend to create bigger cliffs - so do most of the lakes.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: June 25, 2011, 06:54:54 am »

Did you do anything in world gen to make that more common?

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: June 25, 2011, 06:57:37 am »

Nothing I'm aware of, kind sir.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: June 25, 2011, 07:07:16 am »

Right, thanks. Awesome cliff side fortress, anyway.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: June 25, 2011, 04:05:08 pm »

[image]
Turn out trying to flush remaining zombies and the corpses of your friends off the cliff into the bigger river by digging a channel with your last remaining man results in enraged hippos tearing that man alive.
Survived: almost a year!

boy, cliffs are so awesome

Amazing fort you have there! Any chance you could upload it to DF Map Archive? I'd love to see the rest of it :D

Also. What aboot a bowling ball mace? xD

I've been looking for a heavier club, light clubs are deadly, but they lack a certain punch. I use a bowling ball mounted on a rod as a dolly, so it would be possible. I'll add it in :D

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 111