Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 228752 times)

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.3] A new Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2011, 02:14:27 pm »

PS again: If you want you could PM me some character details so I can "dorf" you and integrate you into the starting story more. just a suggestion.

Sent, also, it is a human, not a dof :P

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2011, 04:44:20 pm »

I'm having a difficult time keeping my grazers alive.  There's no grass for them to eat, so do they eat the shrubs that are gathered by herbalists?

PS- The proper verb to use for this succession is probably gonna be "I'd like to be hume'd as blah blah blah"
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2011, 09:41:06 pm »

Could you please scam the book and post it for the good of dwarfkind (pretty please :3 i really want to see it)

+1

I'll have to, we're scanning it onto the computer to preserve it. I'll have to post some pictures of it.

PS. I am planning to create a succesion fort combining this mod and the classic "build a ship fort". It would actually make a lot of sense; Humans trying to escape the zombie horde by leaving them behind and trying to find a new world. If you're interested PM me, I will be creating a topic soon but would appreciate any more ideas/mod updates before I start it. 

Sounds great! Good luck, I would actually like to be hume'd. Heck, I might drop by for a round or two, I've never played a succession fort before. I would wait until 1.0.4 though or at least fix the bug that has been discovered below.

Also I found a glitch: When deconstructing a steel cage I got from traders, it produced 150 steel bars. I think that may be a few too many? xD

Oh carp... it's like geese laying iron chairs...

Fix'd, here's a new file. Just paste the entire thing over the old reaction_deconstruct txt file
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

---

Currently I am redeveloping steel, it won't be as strong as it used to be, and it will take more time and steps to create. One interesting and Fun change will be that you can develop Shear Steel, which will be perfectly useable for weapons and furniture and will be about 10% stronger then iron. Or you can add a flux and coal to make it 25% stronger then iron.

Once this is done (Perhaps some other minor things) I will release v1.0.4

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 12, 2011, 07:24:13 am »

Hey, forget about the major river, we'll do the fort in the sea, ok?

TheDarkJay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 12, 2011, 09:03:13 am »

Sweet ever loving Jebus the sieges are evil. They always come chasing the caravans...I've took to just sacrificing the caravan but building the debot so I can simply have my marksmen become legendary by shooting the blood-and-corpse-filled miasma pit of a trade depot filled with 10-40 zombies xD Every time I try to save the caravan eventually something goes wrong and the fort gets overrun...

Seriously, I think I just lost five forts in as many houses of play time >.<

...maybe I need more than three soldiers for a 50+ fort? I've always sucked at getting an army ready xD

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2011, 10:18:21 am »

Hey, forget about the major river, we'll do the fort in the sea, ok?

yay! so. when does this start?

i have already signed up.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 12, 2011, 10:34:27 pm »

Hmm...  How will I get my military up to snuff with so little armour?  Danger rooms are a no-go, naturally...  Guess I'll just have to trap a bunch of Giant Badgers and set my military on them.
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 12, 2011, 11:17:42 pm »

Targets are fine now that the whole "use these bolts bullets for training and not for combat" bug has been fixed.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2011, 03:30:37 am »

Is rigid rock not supposed to be fire safe? I can't make a smelter with it.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2011, 06:20:48 am »

just one question: is the crowbar one handed? i am planing of having a team for cleanup armed with pistols and crowbars.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.4] A new Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2011, 01:02:12 pm »

1.0.4 is here! Just in time for the 100th post!  :D

* Fixed a typo in the scavenger name. (Savolainen5)
* Changed Cupronickel's stats, it is better then copper now.
* make cupronickel bars (use ore) reaction added (bowie)
* New Ore! Antimony
   -Found in Volcano Rock in Veins
   -Can be alloyed (1:1) with Lead to create Hard Lead, a mineral with a density similar to silver and should make it deadly with ranged combat.
   -Can be alloyed (1:1) with tin to create fine pewter
   -Both reactions can use bars or ore.
* Tuned up the Read Me. Nothing big
* Orthoclase is in Meta Stone small clusters, it can be used for ceramics.
* Doubled SHOOT_MAXVEL on military rifles. Should make them shoot faster (In theory)
* Fixed a bug where deconstructing any metal furniture will result in *ahem* massive amounts of Fun, potentially destroying your entire fortress in dangerous insta-kill gas. (noticed by TheDarkJay)
* Using Latin Language now (Brought to my attention by "Eldrick Tobin" from Bay12. Created by an ambiguous "DaveT")
* Steel is in, see the read me or post on the Modding forums for a guide to make it.

Steel is in as well. There are two different kinds of useable steel. Both are a tad difficult to make, but better then iron.

just one question: is the crowbar one handed? i am planing of having a team for cleanup armed with pistols and crowbars.

Yes, it is one handed.

Is rigid rock not supposed to be fire safe? I can't make a smelter with it.

Ehm... now it is (1.0.4)

Hmm...  How will I get my military up to snuff with so little armour?  Danger rooms are a no-go, naturally...  Guess I'll just have to trap a bunch of Giant Badgers and set my military on them.

The enemies have worse armor. I just pick on the wildlife during times of peace and use a Dojo during sieges. Because Infected do not feel pain and such, they can make great pincushions for riflemen during a siege.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 01:40:54 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2011, 02:20:45 pm »

GORDON FREEMAN.

That is all.

That is all that you need against zombies.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2011, 02:23:43 pm »

The enemies have worse armor. I just pick on the wildlife during times of peace and use a Dojo during sieges. Because Infected do not feel pain and such, they can make great pincushions for riflemen during a siege.
:o

Idea! We could lock infected into a pit (doesn't matter how), and then have riflemen practice on them!  ;)

dorfstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 13, 2011, 03:46:15 pm »

I'm very new to Dwarf Fortress and I like the idea of your mod. At the moment I spend most of my time with the adventure mode and was wondering if your mod supports it.

Also I would like to ask if the graphic mods works together with it as well.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #104 on: April 13, 2011, 04:26:20 pm »

If I update this world in progress will I get the new reactions? Because as it ends up I'm currently on a site with tons of iron, coal, and rigid rock and if I do get the new steel reactions, well, that would be just lovely.   :D
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 111