Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 226461 times)

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.7] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #900 on: June 30, 2011, 01:01:27 pm »

You can call them reinheit as much as you want, 90% of people who play this mod will still call them "the nazis", just like people call the elves hippies :P

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: June 30, 2011, 03:33:57 pm »

You can call them reinheit as much as you want, 90% of people who play this mod will still call them "the nazis", just like people call the elves hippies
This. And nazis don't work well with zombies in post-apo setting.

Other thing if the survivors were British soldiers in pilot caps, drinking tea and killing zombies with cricket bats in an alternate WWII setting...

boy, I need to change my pants.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: June 30, 2011, 07:34:32 pm »

Reinheit are completed! Entity, weapons, armor, graphics, everything! 1.0.8 will be a very happy day indeed! Well for me anyways, your humans may find their shirts with more holes then usual  ;D

Just gotta test this, finish off that, then I can release around sunday. Maybe saturday evening at earliest.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 07:42:55 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

CT

• Bay Watcher
  • Gah zombies!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: June 30, 2011, 08:44:13 pm »

Another question here. Is mining in rocks always fatal? I know that it is supposed to be a pain to dig into the ground but what i meant is that if say they dig and get sick is there any chance of them recovering?
No, yep. That's what I meant too. I want to come out of the theater completely fucked up for weeks.

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 01, 2011, 02:37:42 am »

Another question here. Is mining in rocks always fatal? I know that it is supposed to be a pain to dig into the ground but what i meant is that if say they dig and get sick is there any chance of them recovering?

In my humble experience, they are destined for a coffin. It may take a while for the effects to kick in, but when they do I think it is always fatal. I once had a dude with a rotten heart that lasted for quite a long time, staggering through the mineshafts coughing up blood. Good times.  :)
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 01, 2011, 09:34:52 am »

There are some rock levels that can be dug without harm. Of course all the fun is finding that out! I lost a good wood cutter turned miner because I thought this one kind of rock was safe xD
If you really want a safe kind of rock to mine through, I'll tell you in hidden in this nice
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

In my humble experience, they are destined for a coffin. It may take a while for the effects to kick in, but when they do I think it is always fatal. I once had a dude with a rotten heart that lasted for quite a long time, staggering through the mineshafts coughing up blood. Good times.  :)

Really? Usually my miner's deaths are instantaneous, give or take a few seconds(dead even before mining the rock? Something tells me I didn't think that through xD).
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 10:01:54 am by Lolzwheejars »

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 01, 2011, 10:42:13 am »

Really? Usually my miner's deaths are instantaneous, give or take a few seconds(dead even before mining the rock? Something tells me I didn't think that through xD).

My situation may have been a few versions ago, so maybe IT 000 has tweaked with the syndromes so that they kill faster? If it hasn't been changed, maybe it's just random? I have had miners collapse after mining only a single chunk (Didn't realise until I checked the shaft and saw a pile of dead bodies next to the wall that I had accidentally tagged  ::))
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: July 01, 2011, 10:54:12 am »

My situation may have been a few versions ago, so maybe IT 000 has tweaked with the syndromes so that they kill faster? If it hasn't been changed, maybe it's just random? I have had miners collapse after mining only a single chunk (Didn't realise until I checked the shaft and saw a pile of dead bodies next to the wall that I had accidentally tagged  ::))

Yeah. Same for me. One tile and they start choking on their own insides. Damn spineless bastards wont suck it up and continue working >.<

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 01, 2011, 11:47:10 am »

Not all mining is fatal, ores, soil, sand, decomposed trash (causes sickness but not lethal) and gems are perfectly safe. Stone layers on the other hand are very deadly and you shouldn't throw legendary miners at them.

You can reduce the risk by using dabbling miners to mine out stone layers. The deadly stone will only spawn if the miner yields a boulder. Thus higher skilled miners are more likely to die.

Chances of recovering are zero.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 11:48:45 am by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 01, 2011, 12:46:04 pm »

One thing that's very inconvenient here is how the 'Cut wood to planks' job uses the Wood Cutting skill. It requires a lot of micromanaging with burrows. But otherwise, everything is cool.

Yeah, its a nice twist on vanilla though I feel.  The overwhelming vanilla focus on mining and masonry becomes wood cutting and carpentry.  I was also bugged by the sawmill taking wood cutting and changed it to carpentry.  The result is that you have even more carpentry jobs queued at a time and it doesnt help so much as you got so much carpentry stuff to get done in year 1.  Wood cutting is not only more logical but I ultimately preferred it and switched back, gives them something to do when not cutting trees besides hogging all the chop axes..
Note: Sawmill doesn't require Chop Axes to be used...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 01, 2011, 01:02:36 pm »

But it does require Woodcutting labor, and the labor automatically makes them run off and grab an axe. They still hold it while working at the sawmill.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: July 01, 2011, 05:47:43 pm »

I'm adding advertisements in Corrosion to give it a more modern feel, see this post for more details. And feel free to add your own :)

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 01, 2011, 06:35:32 pm »

But it does require Woodcutting labor, and the labor automatically makes them run off and grab an axe. They still hold it while working at the sawmill.
Thats if you have any spare....
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 02, 2011, 12:46:31 pm »

hey, this has been an interesting read. and i'm back. i'll probably post some ideas tommorow, i am pretty much exhausted here. nice new avatar, IT.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: July 02, 2011, 06:29:29 pm »

1.0.8 is up!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Your existing init folders should still work. Enjoy the profession tiles and the Reinheit Renegades! :D

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 111