Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 226447 times)

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.8] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #960 on: July 07, 2011, 03:34:21 pm »

Savolainen5 Welcome back!

Having an !!ALCOHOL!! problem? I don't believe it has anything to do with Corrosion, try 'k' ing the smoke and see if it's one specific drinks or all your drinks. Of course it might have something to do with the temperature, you may have to gen a new world.

Also, check to see if your bringing any Surface Rock, Volcano Rock, Decomposed Trash, or Meta Stone (boulder or items) on embark. They may be boiling and thus boiling the alcohol.

So it appears that the infected ride on giant jaguars...  :-\

If it was a Skulking Infected it's fixed.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: July 08, 2011, 05:45:37 am »

I was just browsing through the recently-necroed (No pun intended) thread for the 40d zombie mod, and I saw that they had undead torsos has an enemy. It got me thinking that having mutilated Infected as castes would add some more variety to attacks, but I am not sure if this would work or not. I assume you can mod in creatures that don't have legs? Or arms? Or maybe one missing of each? Headless ones probably wouldn't work due to the Infected needing their teeth to do serious damage, and headless zombies are dead zombies in popular culture.

They could be classed as animals like the scavengers, as if they got left behind as the horde passed through, but they probably wouldn't be hostile enough.

Anyway, I open the floor to discussion about this matter  :)
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: July 08, 2011, 01:02:55 pm »

In other news, my baseball team home-runned a rhesus macaque group. ms everywhere!
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: July 08, 2011, 03:51:37 pm »

Mutated Infected show up with rusty iron weapons, 10% weaker, but weighs 25% more then iron.

I was just browsing through the recently-necroed (No pun intended) thread for the 40d zombie mod, and I saw that they had undead torsos has an enemy

A perfectly swell idea, I'll add it to the standard Infected only, just to make them a tad weaker now that Reinheit is in. I don't know whether or not they will still 'stand' even without legs, so it may require testing.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: July 09, 2011, 02:02:53 pm »

I've got to say, when I first read about this mod it seemed kind of iffy (stone that kills your miners? guns?), but I'm pretty glad that I gave it a try. Making firearms wasn't as convoluted as it seemed when reading about it, plus it's cool to have farmers have to be active more than the first week or so of a season to produce enough food. I actually quite like the mining, too, digging through veins of galena and looking for a way down is a lot more interesting than "dig a 3x3 staircase here." Having to be economical with space to carve out in the soil layer is neat, and is making me build above-ground a lot more. I haven't survived long enough to see the Reinheit yet, but I do like variety in the infected and I'm overall enjoying this mod a lot. Keep up the good work!
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: July 09, 2011, 09:26:05 pm »

Thank you trees :D Thanks for the feedback, hehe hopefully you don't see the Reinheit to soon ;)

ASCII Corrosion is up, suggested by thatkid.

So I've been boggling over a few plans for 1.0.9

# 1
Spoiler: The Exposed (click to show/hide)

tl;dr Evil regions will will get dangerous humanoid wildlife. These can range from Flying Scavengers to fierce Ghouls.

# 2 Junk can be gathered from the surface by gathering plants, then cleaned at the Cleaning Workshop. This junk can have several uses. Concrete chunks can be gathered and processed into boulders. Tires can be applied to leather for additional reinforcement to armor (Played a little bit of Fallout 3 over the week :D ) or grinded down into a an asphalt boulder. Plastic can be collected and used for batteries.

MISC:

Leather armor can be boiled in oil or wax to increase it's effectiveness.
Lab can collect dirty water which will carry a minor syndrome (might have to wait until indigestible syndromes are in) and you can distill it into purified water using fuel.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 10:12:22 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: July 09, 2011, 11:41:25 pm »

mr. Shintaro Fago, your minimod ain't working. i can't build the bloddy buildings! nor can i find them! (chcked out like 15 deserts.) problem? and i AM playing with explorers.

Damn, both Expedition and original civ have [ENTITY:HUMAN], that's the problem.

aaaaand... 0.92 is here! http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=81068.msg2411401#msg2411401

Cool Mod, I'd suggest making your own topic, just so that the mod doesn't get buried.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: July 10, 2011, 02:49:47 am »

Thank you trees :D Thanks for the feedback, hehe hopefully you don't see the Reinheit to soon ;)

ASCII Corrosion is up, suggested by thatkid.

So I've been boggling over a few plans for 1.0.9

# 1

tl;dr Evil regions will will get dangerous humanoid wildlife. These can range from Flying Scavengers to fierce Ghouls.

# 2 Junk can be gathered from the surface by gathering plants, then cleaned at the Cleaning Workshop. This junk can have several uses. Concrete chunks can be gathered and processed into boulders. Tires can be applied to leather for additional reinforcement to armor (Played a little bit of Fallout 3 over the week :D ) or grinded down into a an asphalt boulder. Plastic can be collected and used for batteries.

MISC:

Lab can collect dirty water which will carry a minor syndrome (might have to wait until indigestible syndromes are in) and you can distill it into purified water using fuel.

now add in iguanas, and a meal that adds -on-a-stick to the end.  ;D

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: July 10, 2011, 10:48:35 am »

# 1

MISC:

I'm digging the new updates. A lot. Especially the extra surface junk.  :D
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

hamfan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: July 10, 2011, 10:58:07 am »

:'( Im having a problem with this mod.
Ive installed it twice in my attempts. I used the correct version (31.25 i believe) and followed the install instructions to the letter. first I replaced the df raws with the corrosion raws, replaced the init files (via a copy/replace dialogue that maybe had something to do with the problem?), dropped the Corrosion gfx in the art file (the corrosion file for the art folder) made sure temp was on, fired up DF and...
Nothing. It was a tiny, unresizable window that didn't do anything. I had to use Task Manager to get this out.

Please help!!  :'(

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: July 10, 2011, 11:20:50 am »

-snip-
You need to edit the resolution in the init file.
See this?
[WINDOWEDX:0]
[WINDOWEDY:0]
Change the x and y to your resolution. For example, mine is 1024x768, so it'll look like this:
[WINDOWEDX:1024]
[WINDOWEDY:768]

Also, make sure that you set Resizable to YES. That way, you can resize the window any way you want.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Fischer541

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: July 10, 2011, 11:31:16 am »

I'm having problems with the mod actually working. The graphics work, but everything else pretty much looks the same and works the same as vanilla DF. Second my game window is excessively long (Horizontal), and can't be modified at all. I replaced the raws, and the other files. The only files that are sitting around are the clothing mods.

hamfan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: July 10, 2011, 11:37:27 am »

-snip-
See this?
Change the x and y to your resolution. For example, mine is 1024x768, so it'll look like this:

Also, make sure that you set Resizable to YES. That way, you can resize the window any way you want.
Nope. Didn't work. (By the way, windowedX and Y were 45 and 25 (or I recall, i set Y to 50) Still this tiny window with a black space in the middle that doesn't let me resize.

hamfan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: July 10, 2011, 11:41:54 am »

-snip-
See this?

Nope. Didn't work. (By the way, windowedX and Y were 45 and 25 (or I recall, i set Y to 50) Still this tiny window with a black space in the middle that doesn't let me resize.

(Also, there's no sound no nothing. Its completely broken when I boot DF up, no beyond quality voices, no song no nothing, just this tiny DF window with a black space that can't be resized. I wanted to be very clear on this.)

Fischer541

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: July 10, 2011, 12:09:51 pm »

Umm my human random suffocated while digging out a place, not surrounded by enemies and it was beneath a sand floor... Does that make a difference?

Edit: Ok now they're digging and losing healh and giving off blood for no reason...
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 12:11:40 pm by Fischer541 »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 111