Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 226876 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: -~Corrosion~- A new Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2011, 10:25:25 am »

I wonder what would happen if I were to take the tissue definitinos from this mod and put them back into vanilla... would people die too easilly? Or could I finally choke people to death, instead of just "to the pain"
I've found a good balance for Genesis which may appear a bit hardcore to those who used to play vanilla only. But you could try copying and pasting tissue definitions (and metals if you dare, although it greatly rebalances the game, so you won't see too many kung-fu monks, they would have their hands and arms chopped off by an angry mob). I mentioned it because it's pretty easy to strangle someone to death there, as well as to snap their neck and cause the internal bleeding which makes them to bleed to death.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2011, 12:32:38 pm »

I got a smokee in early Autumn of my first year. Is this a bug? Seems a bit early, and most don't have a military by then. (An oversight on my part ended up with me having a rifleman with a crossbow and a swordsman with a machete) Luckily he's staying away from my town after he kill my crossbowman. He also seems to be burning himself alive.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2011, 01:00:40 pm »

I got a smokee in early Autumn of my first year. Is this a bug?

Yes, I'll have to fix that apparently I didn't add the attack_trigger. As far as him burning himself alive, I am unsure how to fix it and don't really see a reason to, he does what he is supposed to do. Show up, burn the grass, and die. But if there was any way to make him last longer I would be open to it.

I think this is a cool mod, but a total no-stone isnt cool for some things. Look for the black lung mod and do it like that, put small clusters of poisonous rock in normal rock. You just have to make it common and use the same tile that the normal rock has and it is done :D

Well thank you for the compliment. Yeah, the no-stone thing is a tad hardcore, but 1. I wanted the player to have Fun 2. it 'persuaded' the player to stay above ground or in soil above ground forts cause so much more fun :) . That said, I might add small clusters of useable stone inside the layers of deadly stone to make it bearable. and maybe an 'easy mode' that does what you suggested.

I agree with NightS. How do you get metal anyway?

I usually dig down to the last layer of soil, then dig down stairs in every direction. They reveal the tile under them. Then once you find a vein, dig an up/down stair and clean out the vein.

Or just use the soap makers and keep an experienced miner for the veins.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2011, 01:03:56 pm »

Luckily I didn't have much grass. Next time I won't fight it. Also, I suggest you put some information on the new workshops and plants on the OP.

Really good mod. Hope it keeps going.

EDIT: You have discovered an expansive cavern deep underground.

How, you may ask? Lots of luck. And iron. Each time you hit an ore vein, dig it out with down stairs and up/down stairs.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 03:42:51 pm by JacenHanLovesLegos »
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2011, 03:59:06 pm »

Luckily I didn't have much grass. Next time I won't fight it. Also, I suggest you put some information on the new workshops and plants on the OP.

I'll start working on it, I suppose the OP was a little vague.

EDIT: You have discovered an expansive cavern deep underground.

Now your getting the hang of it  :D

Good luck, there's only two beasties underground, [censored] but they are easy to kill and uh... made of ice cream. Go get them!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 05:50:45 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2011, 04:02:36 pm »

That's why I'm walling it off. My embark has tons of iron though.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2011, 11:56:26 pm »

1.0.1 is ready for download, it contains a number of bug fixes and an optional 'easy mode' that removes the deadly stone layers. I would like to hear whether people use the current deadly stone or the non-deadly stone (Suggested by NightS) There are no patches of deadly stone yet, but I will add them for the sake of fun.

Additionally grazers no longer trample grass, this makes your fields last slightly longer.

Also I am considering allowing the player to pick from a number of different cultures, all with advantages and disadvantages.

#American-like - Current Privations, a good balance of melee and ranged
#Far-East - Strong Melee, and actual melee weapons such as swords and armor, but lack powerful guns and the guns they can make take more parts.
#Russian-Like - Stereotypical WW1 russia. Will have more technology in combat related areas such as more efficient training, however some other smelting procedures, such as bronze and steel may not be possible. Guns can be built with less parts, but melee weapons will be heavily restricted.

Unfortunately my creativity ends there. Thoughts on this? Good idea/bad idea? More ideas?

By the way how are your forts coming along?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 12:08:59 am by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: -~Corrosion~- [v1.0.1] A new Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2011, 03:48:00 am »

I was going to say that only a caste of say... 10% of people should be alcohol dependant and more emotional, but that is just for flavour because everybody prefers to drink booze if there is enough. It would be more realistic IMHO and it would alliow you to manage a fort without alcohol that isnt as fast as a dead snail :D

Also, li'l bug in the safe stone file, some DEEP_SPECIAL tags are duped
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 03:54:38 am by NightS »

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2011, 08:49:08 am »

My fort's going along good. I started a new one after I discovered sawmills though. That's why I asked you to put up an explanation of the workshops in the OP.

Spoiler: Some Hints and Tips (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 08:59:02 am by JacenHanLovesLegos »

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2011, 05:30:51 pm »

Spiced up the post. As requested, included workshop information on the first post. Also straightened up the readme, there is a serious formating error, and I fixed the Gunsmith Workshop's description.

I was going to say that only a caste of say... 10% of people should be alcohol dependant and more emotional, but that is just for flavour because everybody prefers to drink booze if there is enough. It would be more realistic IMHO and it would alliow you to manage a fort without alcohol that isnt as fast as a dead snail

A problem I've noticed is that people without the [ALCOHOL_DEPENDENT] tag tend to work until they are flashing a downward blue arrow, giving them a negative thought about being thirsty and it will reduce the quality items they make. I really would like to remove the tag because of realism, but the disadvantages of it outweigh the advantages. If you wanted to remove it I wouldn't mind.

Also, li'l bug in the safe stone file, some DEEP_SPECIAL tags are duped

The stone is deadly, I read somewhere that stones with [DEEP_SPECIAL] tag won't be brought by traders. If the traders show up with a 'Shallow Stone xx' it will blow up and expel dangerous gas, possibly killing the merchants.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.1] A new Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2011, 09:29:56 pm »

I have a bug. Not really a bug, just more of a naming issue. On the manager screen, when you want to give an order to smelt iron, it says "Smelt iron ore Ore". Probably for the same reason as dead dead trees.
Spoiler: !!Cheap-ass Tip!! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 11:41:51 pm by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2011, 12:01:58 am »

I have a bug. Not really a bug, just more of a naming issue. On the manager screen, when you want to give an order to smelt iron, it says "Smelt iron ore Ore". Probably for the same reason as dead dead trees.

??? Indeed, this is due to ores being named Iron Ore, Copper Ore Gold Ore, etc. It is easier to change then the tree problem, I'll just change everything to Native Iron, Native Copper, Native Gold etc.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2011, 12:09:05 am »

The stone is deadly, I read somewhere that stones with [DEEP_SPECIAL] tag won't be brought by traders. If the traders show up with a 'Shallow Stone xx' it will blow up and expel dangerous gas, possibly killing the merchants.
It also causes that stone to be placed like 'cotton candy'. Good luck finding it in the first place.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2011, 07:48:58 am »

i like the mod. but you have forgotten one main weapon.

THE CROWBAR

Gordon Freeman is going to kill you in hell for this

but in all seriousness, the crowbar is in real life quite a weapon.

EDIT: DAMN THE GOD!!!! or something
the arena woks great, and so does the adventure, but whenever I try to start the dwarf fortress mode, i can only play with  "the forgotten beasts" civ. i waited 200 goddamn years, and there were human hamlets, towns, and infected equals to those, but i could only play as a forgotten beast.

W T F ???
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 08:13:55 am by kerlc »

irdsm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2011, 10:10:04 am »

When I installed it I found that there was a duplicate entry issue. You need to completely replace your RAWs deleting the old ones.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 111