Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 226921 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.2] A new Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2011, 12:38:25 pm »

:o Err... bit of a stupid thing in legends.

I have about 20 zombies that became great leaders... you should probably fix that...

Mostly skulking infected.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2011, 04:41:48 pm »

Oh...

I embarked, and the opening screen is still dwarven.

"After a journey from the Mountainhomes"

"Provide for your dwarves"

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2011, 06:12:19 pm »

Also, the trader says "Greetings from the Mountainhomes!"
What mountainhomes? Aren't those mountains made out of explodium deadly crud?
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2011, 06:18:45 pm »

lol.

Yup. That's confusing.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.3] A new Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2011, 07:23:11 pm »

1.0.3 is out, the shear number of fixes and changes hastened the release time.

* Wrote a guide to the variety of fauna in Corrosion see the read me guide, or the Plant Guide file.
* Rye Seeds are now called rye seeds (used to be wheat seeds)
* Training Depot changed to Weapons Workshop, and one makeshift weapon was added (NightS), Wooden armorplates are now created here.
*Renamed the Metalsmith Forge (formally known as Metalsmith's Workshop) to Blacksmith's Forge. (Thanks to SirAaronIII for noticing)
*Doctor's Workshop - Trains all medical skills. Requires a training dummy for bone setting, diagnosing, and dressing wounds. But animal remains for surgery and suturing.
*Optional mod. Zombies will leak pus everywhere when it rains, without liberal use of DFcleanmap this can lag computers, the creature_zombie_nopus_di replaces the creature_zombie_di file and removes pus, and consequently the rotting effect. (NightS)
*Four plants with dyes, most of them cannot be cooked, or eaten raw.
     *Bloodroot - grows in temperate forests and shrubland, milled for red dye
     *Indigo - Temperate savannas and grasslands milled for expensive blue dye
     *Henna - Any Savanna, grassland, or shrubland, milled for black dye.
     *Turmeric - Any tropical, can be eaten raw, milled for cheap goldenrod dye
*Pistols no longer made at the Metalsmith's Forge (noticed by SirAaronIII)
*Guns in the Gunsmith's workshop have different shortcuts. (noticed by SirAaronIII)
*Dojo should increase skills now.

Oh...

Don't know how to fix either of these  :-\
I'll start a new topic to see if anyone knows how to fix it. In the mean time it's going under the acknowledged bugs section on the OP

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2011, 08:31:47 pm »

1.0.3 is out, the shear number of fixes and changes hastened the release time.

* Wrote a guide to the variety of fauna in Corrosion see the read me guide, or the Plant Guide file.
* Rye Seeds are now called rye seeds (used to be wheat seeds)
* Training Depot changed to Weapons Workshop, and one makeshift weapon was added (NightS), Wooden armorplates are now created here.
*Renamed the Metalsmith Forge (formally known as Metalsmith's Workshop) to Blacksmith's Forge. (Thanks to SirAaronIII for noticing)
*Doctor's Workshop - Trains all medical skills. Requires a training dummy for bone setting, diagnosing, and dressing wounds. But animal remains for surgery and suturing.
*Optional mod. Zombies will leak pus everywhere when it rains, without liberal use of DFcleanmap this can lag computers, the creature_zombie_nopus_di replaces the creature_zombie_di file and removes pus, and consequently the rotting effect. (NightS)
*Four plants with dyes, most of them cannot be cooked, or eaten raw.
     *Bloodroot - grows in temperate forests and shrubland, milled for red dye
     *Indigo - Temperate savannas and grasslands milled for expensive blue dye
     *Henna - Any Savanna, grassland, or shrubland, milled for black dye.
     *Turmeric - Any tropical, can be eaten raw, milled for cheap goldenrod dye
*Pistols no longer made at the Metalsmith's Forge (noticed by SirAaronIII)
*Guns in the Gunsmith's workshop have different shortcuts. (noticed by SirAaronIII)
*Dojo should increase skills now.

Oh...

Don't know how to fix either of these  :-\
I'll start a new topic to see if anyone knows how to fix it. In the mean time it's going under the acknowledged bugs section on the OP
You're welcome  :)

It might be hardcoded, I'm not sure  :-\

Jeoshua

• Bay Watcher
  • God help me, I think I may be addicted to modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2011, 11:10:04 pm »

The intro blurb is stored within Data\Announcement\fortintro

There was a save tool that was able to decompress/recompress the files.  Let me look.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3895

Download that and use undat to get to it, then redat it and viola.  Careful tho, theres a bit of binary in there you can't (and shouldn't) change.

You can also change a few other things in that folder, like diplomats and your fort crumbling.
I like fortresses because they are still underground.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2011, 09:23:09 am »

Hah, I just embarked and found a few sections of "Tattered Clothing Wall" and "Decomposed Trash Wall."  Impressive how that stuff's blended into the landscape over time!
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2011, 11:25:53 am »

Could you add a reaction to make a wooden spade? It's really annoying to lose your only miner who has your only spade to the rock you didn't know was there.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2011, 12:39:43 pm »

Humm...  I made custom profession names, and now they've all disappeared... I don't know when that happened, though...  Strange.
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2011, 05:19:46 pm »

Humm...  I made custom profession names, and now they've all disappeared... I don't know when that happened, though...  Strange.

For my game? Out of curiosity, what did you change?

Could you add a reaction to make a wooden spade? It's really annoying to lose your only miner who has your only spade to the rock you didn't know was there.

Isn't the spade still usable?

There was a save tool that was able to decompress/recompress the files.  Let me look.

Download that and use undat to get to it, then redat it and viola.  Careful tho, theres a bit of binary in there you can't (and shouldn't) change.

You can also change a few other things in that folder, like diplomats and your fort crumbling.

Thank you, but I can't quite figure out how to use it, whenever I open the files zbex2, isra, redat2, and undat2 they instantly close.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 05:33:04 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2011, 06:34:05 pm »

Oh, no, I mean that I wrote in "Digger" for the profession name of my two spade-wielding humans (etc.), and some time later, I noticed that it had changed back.

Also, because it's hard to differentiate between all the different U's, would it be possible for the player-controlled humans to have the dwarf icons?  I mean, whenever there're scavengers (which is misspelled 'Scavanger' in the game), I always have to check to see which is a metal-worker and which is a scavenger...

Edit: Oh yeah, and whenever you [v]iew unit on an infected, it says "Scrawny Infected Infected" or something to that effect.  Reduplication, no biggie.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 06:38:17 pm by Savolainen5 »

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2011, 07:03:47 pm »

Isn't the spade still usable?

Thank you, but I can't quite figure out how to use it, whenever I open the files zbex2, isra, redat2, and undat2 they instantly close.
Hey, you should add the "I MAED A S0NG WITH ZOMB13S 1N IT1!!!1" to the game! I'm going to add it to my thread about my custom zombies
 :D

ANd yes. That is the link to the download, not the download page.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2011, 07:21:23 pm »

Edit: Oh yeah, and whenever you [v]iew unit on an infected, it says "Scrawny Infected Infected" or something to that effect.  Reduplication, no biggie.

Fixed

Also, because it's hard to differentiate between all the different U's, would it be possible for the player-controlled humans to have the dwarf icons?  I mean, whenever there're scavengers (which is misspelled 'Scavanger' in the game), I always have to check to see which is a metal-worker and which is a scavenger...

Well, if somebody appears over the hill you don't know if they're infected until they get closer :)

That said, it should become easier once graphics are in. If it bugs you enough, just open up the creature_human_di and replace the

[CREATURE_TILE:'U'][COLOR:3:0:0]
   [CREATURE_SOLDIER_TILE:154]

with

[CREATURE_TILE:1][COLOR:3:0:0]
   [CREATURE_SOLDIER_TILE:2]

That will change it.

Hey, you should add the "I MAED A S0NG WITH ZOMB13S 1N IT1!!!1" to the game! I'm going to add it to my thread about my custom zombies

hehe that just made my day  :) To bad I'm trying to have a 'serious' atmosphere in my game, maybe I can plug it in as an Easter Egg somewhere.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 09, 2011, 09:36:41 pm »

hehe that just made my day  :) To bad I'm trying to have a 'serious' atmosphere in my game, maybe I can plug it in as an Easter Egg somewhere.
That'd be funny  :D

I'm putting up the download on my zombie thread, in a bit. Hope ya'll like it  :P
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 111