Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 226859 times)

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.6] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #360 on: May 06, 2011, 06:20:10 am »

well, since my last post with proposals has been ignored, lemme copy it and add some more.

new proposals for makeshift weapons!
(i have been out of internet for 5 7 days now....but had an epic siege of my fort!)

25 things:
sharp poles: needs a pole. nothing more. made where the dummies are made. uses the spearman skill.

Brick(or small stone(marble, rigid rock or ores) block) on a rope: basically a very primitive flail using either the lasher or maceman skill. built from any rope, a brick (or small stone block-made at mason's. yeah, you should add that reaction too) and presto. your new easy to use flail.

cinamon: read about how it's produced and i believe we could repeat it in the zombie apocalypse.
SUMMER ONLY, TROPICAL FOREST ONLY
can be milled into cinamon powder (astronomical price) and that can be cooked (again high price) or from it you could extract cinamon oil wich can be cooked and sold (both high priced)

!!SCIENCE!! civ: incredible tech, high priced, but their weapons are really powerful (laserrifle: now making peasant into !!peasant!!) and so is their armour(fully armored exoskeletons, (insert metal here) interwowen !science! robe etc.) . the starting price i would set for about 10000 DBs. when they siege they send few people out, but their effects on your hamlets would be devastating.

add a breastplate for the nazi civ!

here's how the SHOULD LOOK:

and about my siege. 3 zombie squads, 3 mine. mine second squad (chief-great master maceman. CROWBAR POWER!!!!!!!!!!) and some other pukes killed an entire squad, and crippled some of the other zed-heads, then only my marksman squad crippled zed-heads from my sniper bunker (using 3 artefact shotguns, and 2 masterwork ones), and then my biggest squad (led by a legendary swordman, second-in-command was a great master maceman) and some others FINISHED THE SURVIVORS UNSURVIVORS OFF!

the best siege ever. even made a little drawing wich i'll post some other day.

then my fortress penetrated into the caverns.

i feel sorry for the poor monsters there.

BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODFEST!!!!!!!!!!

but at the end my fort lost and we were overrun.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 06, 2011, 07:24:27 am »

Sorry kerl, I knew I forgot something but my Topic Summary didn't go back to your post.

sharp poles: needs a pole. nothing more. made where the dummies are made. uses the spearman skill.

I've thought of this idea myself, but the problem is that you can just zerg rush the enemy with weapon traps/upright spears. Even with the weak damage they are still able to deal quite a punch.

Brick(or small stone(marble, rigid rock or ores) block) on a rope: basically a very primitive flail using either the lasher or maceman skill. built from any rope, a brick (or small stone block-made at mason's. yeah, you should add that reaction too) and presto. your new easy to use flail.

Great original idea! I'll be glad to add it.

cinamon: read about how it's produced and i believe we could repeat it in the zombie apocalypse.

Sure, I am always open to new plant ideas, I'll look into it.

!!SCIENCE!! civ: incredible tech, high priced, but their weapons are really powerful (laserrifle: now making peasant into !!peasant!!) and so is their armour(fully armored exoskeletons, (insert metal here) interwowen !science! robe etc.) . the starting price i would set for about 10000 DBs. when they siege they send few people out, but their effects on your hamlets would be devastating.

Interesting Idea, but the weapon would have to ignite as soon as it got on the map. Causing fires and killing the entire siege. The full set of armor doesn't fit into the game, while they would get a 'better' thing of armor it wouldn't be anywhere near a full set. I also feel like this would be a lot of similarities to the Nazi-like civ. The Nazi-like civ is going to be the uber powerful fortress stopping non-zombie force.

The Nazi-like civ is going to be enemy warlords with their own unique weapons and armor. Unfortunately I won't be able to focus on them until after I get graphics out. I do like the look that you suggested, that will probably be their graphic.

I posted this in master_programmer's thread, and I'm posting it here.

In real life, 12g shotguns can be loaded with gas grenades made for it. You could add poisonous rounds that cause dizziness, pain, etc. so it's like tear gas!

:))

I'll have to look into this. This sounds like a very Fun and effective idea!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 07:26:05 am by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 06, 2011, 07:53:20 am »

Just... Pole + rock block/earthenware block = BIG hammer?
A quick and simple idea :P think of a big sledgehammer

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 06, 2011, 09:11:00 am »

thank you very much, IT 000

here's an idea for a weapon: SICKLE!
it is used for farming now, but it has some fierce cutting power. can't stab, and has the reach of a dunno, combat knife or something.
and then we'll be able to control the world with the HAMMER AND SICKLE! COMUNISM POWER, HUAGH! (just some history notes here: the egyptians(ancient ones) used a sickle shaped sword called a khopesh.and in times of the ninja, there were sickles called KAMAs. google both of the notes.)and a picture here:

and add potatoes!
growing in autumn and winter (i know this, since my family has a small farm plot (about 30 meters long and 20 wide) and we mostly grow potatoes) they can be cooked, and brewed (VODKA! for a perfect russian-themed fort) they grow in any land except tropical areas. they are very widespread, alot of the small garden owners plant them, so they would absolutely be in handy when the zombies hit.

and wild berries!
grow in any forest they can be brewed into wine, and processed into jam, cooked and eaten raw. grow in spring. ONLY. they also yield plenty, so that you'll suffer when thy do not grow. and they are cheap. so that you won't be able to sell them at a niffty price, PLUS other nations could be modded to dislike being offered them. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

and melons.
grow in any deserts, are edible cooked and can be brewed. (just so that we clear this: melons that grow in the wilderness have a really hard shell. try biting through one. i did. broke my tooth. it was a primary tooth, so it had to go out anyway)

just so i can make my terms for my upcoming desert fort.

and just a quick thought, why not make a clothing item that covers upper torso and legs and name it "regular clothing"? i am sick and tired of having my people running around naked.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 06, 2011, 09:54:22 am »

and add potatoes!
growing in autumn and winter (i know this, since my family has a small farm plot (about 30 meters long and 20 wide) and we mostly grow potatoes) they can be cooked, and brewed (VODKA! for a perfect russian-themed fort) they grow in any land except tropical areas. they are very widespread, alot of the small garden owners plant them, so they would absolutely be in handy when the zombies hit.
Also known as a Bloated Tuber.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: May 06, 2011, 10:30:56 am »

just so that you know, potatoes HAVE SEEDS. the so called "eyes" on the potatoes serve for a reason. here's ho we do it.

1. how many potatoes we want
2. divide it by 4
3. get the potatoes that have the most "eyes"
4. cut them on quarters, each quarter has to have at least one "eye"
5. leave the potatoes overnight
6. plant them!

there.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 06, 2011, 11:18:28 am »

just so that you know, potatoes HAVE SEEDS. the so called "eyes" on the potatoes serve for a reason. here's ho we do it.

1. how many potatoes we want
2. divide it by 4
3. get the potatoes that have the most "eyes"
4. cut them on quarters, each quarter has to have at least one "eye"
5. leave the potatoes overnight
6. plant them!

there.
I am aware of how to plant potatoes. My grandfather lived on a potato farm during world war II where they had to butcher cats because they would breed like crazy and slow movement.

Dwarf much?  :P

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 06, 2011, 12:43:01 pm »

yup. too much.

just on the funny side here:

my grandfather lived in Ljubljana during WW2, and he had an illegal distillery there.

they drunk distilled rat.

hey, it was booze.

on the underground crops thing:
my research has discovered that the best shroom for underground farming would be champignon mushroom, wich can be cooked to be edible.
the other part came from playing metro 2033: MUSHROOM VODKA!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 06, 2011, 12:45:01 pm »

yup. too much.

just on the funny side here:

my grandfather lived in Ljubljana during WW2, and he had an illegal distillery there.

they drunk distilled rat.

hey, it was booze.

on the underground crops thing:
my research has discovered that the best shroom for underground farming would be champignon mushroom, wich can be cooked to be edible.
the other part came from playing metro 2033: MUSHROOM VODKA!
Even in the event of a global apocalypse and having all resources obliterated, the Russians will drink Vodka.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 06, 2011, 12:47:10 pm »

you will not deny the ancient slavic right to vodka!

BURN, TRAITOR!!!!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 06, 2011, 12:51:12 pm »

you will not deny the ancient slavic right to vodka!

BURN, TRAITOR!!!!
You forget, I am a dwarf. And I have magma to destroy your booze.

MUHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 06, 2011, 12:53:35 pm »

and the sheer power of the slavic ingineuity shall block magma with water. BY THE GALLONS!

and then my AK-wielding troops, supported by tanks that will not fail, even if encrusted in magma shall destroy you utterly!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: May 06, 2011, 01:05:43 pm »

and the sheer power of the slavic ingineuity shall block magma with water. BY THE GALLONS!

and then my AK-wielding troops, supported by tanks that will not fail, even if encrusted in magma shall destroy you utterly!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Then I must apply more magma!

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 06, 2011, 01:24:22 pm »

and then i deploy the general winter, freezing your magma. ALL THE MAGMA IN THE WORLD!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 06, 2011, 01:35:55 pm »

destilled rat is what I'm using for food and booze right now that and making wooden rat bone logs to make the barrels for the rat meat and rat bone logs.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 111