Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 226933 times)

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.6] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #405 on: May 09, 2011, 09:51:23 am »

edit:
anyway: a suggestion for those who start in an area with very little to no wood. why do you not make sleeping bag/bedroll(yes, YOU choose the name)? you could mod it to be made from 2 cloth. ANY cloth. (by that i mean star spider silk, since it is the only thing that is omnipresent source of cloth)

I can't mod furniture. Otherwise beds would take cloth to begin with.
then why don't you make a NEW piece of funiture? or is that something that can't be done? just asking, since i suck at modding.
I'm pretty sure beds are hard-coded to be sleepable.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 09, 2011, 10:44:57 am »

Wow, I had no idea that non-safe stone would be such a game-changer.  I had a healthy fortress of 40ish, and an invasion of one squad of mixed Lumbering and Scrawn Infecteds destroyed me.  And I only killed about half of them, most of those being from the warlord caravan that was in.  So, the question is, how do you make a defensible entrance without stone?
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 09, 2011, 10:51:26 am »

Get Wood!

I tend to have to completely deforest the local area to create my mini-fort. I know you can take away lethal stone by replacing the raws but...I just can't...so...much...humour...

I just hole up and use hunting rifles. Going toe to toe with the walking dead seems to be suicide for my humans, despite having decent armour and weapons. (Quite realistic I imagine  :D)   
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 09, 2011, 10:51:47 am »

just make beds able to be made with cloth :P

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 09, 2011, 11:25:42 am »

I use Ice.

about the fuel rods, you wouldn't give the reaction to the player, it would be a weapon imported by war. I don't think attackers bring wood or bone ammo.

another item idea. Headscarf or veil. Theives clothing item. this way there will be more items to have but not full sets of clothing. I get what your going for. The characters arn't naked, the standard clothing items are simply a given, everyone has them so they arn't represented. But then you can still have a handful of non-standard clothing items.

Vail/Headscarf: Theives
Poncho: Warlords
Gardeners Gloves: Enlightened
Ratty T-shirt: Zombies
Tattered Pants: Evasive infected

This way you wont have 40 full sets of clothing but there is still something gained from the encounter.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 09, 2011, 11:30:58 am »

I use Ice.

about the fuel rods, you wouldn't give the reaction to the player, it would be a weapon imported by war. I don't think attackers bring wood or bone ammo.

another item idea. Headscarf or veil. Theives clothing item. this way there will be more items to have but not full sets of clothing. I get what your going for. The characters arn't naked, the standard clothing items are simply a given, everyone has them so they arn't represented. But then you can still have a handful of non-standard clothing items.

Vail/Headscarf: Theives
Poncho: Warlords
Gardeners Gloves: Enlightened
Ratty T-shirt: Zombies
Tattered Pants: Evasive infected

This way you wont have 40 full sets of clothing but there is still something gained from the encounter.
So let me get this straight:

Theives are Muslims.
Warlords are mexican druglords.
Enlightened are plant lovers (Makes sense)
Zombies are zombies
Zombies are zombies.

Makes sense, actually, but kinda kills the feel.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 09, 2011, 11:51:26 am »

Headscarves aren't only worn by Muslims, many peoples who live out in the elements, typically desert environments, adapted some form of head scarf to block particles driven by high winds and to protect as much skin as possible from the sun. Ponchos are used for pretty much the same reason, thats why spaghetti westerns use them so much it shows that the main character is tough. I couldnt think of one for the player race, and I'm not entierly convinced their isn't a better idea for the warlords.

Also I have noticed a total lack of gloves in the game, so maybe fingerless gloves for the player race? (name of race) Uniform for the Nazis? I was also thinking may eyepatch for the warlords. but then most all warlords would appear to have little to no depth perception.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 09, 2011, 11:51:27 am »

Get Wood!

I tend to have to completely deforest the local area to create my mini-fort. I know you can take away lethal stone by replacing the raws but...I just can't...so...much...humour...

I just hole up and use hunting rifles. Going toe to toe with the walking dead seems to be suicide for my humans, despite having decent armour and weapons. (Quite realistic I imagine  :D)

Oh, don't get me wrong, I was good and wooded up.  With walls and stuff.  But the only way for me to get caravans was to leave an opening in my wall, and I never got it closed in time when an ambush or invasion showed up...

I also have the problem of not having enough stuff to trade.  Normally, I just make dozens of bins of stonecrafts.  But now that I can't, I make a couple of wood, because it's usually at a premium, and then butcher animals.  In this game, I almost had cotton production up and running, but then I got owned.

In any case, I'm trying different stuff out for the succession game, and hoping beyond hope that I can find an embark that has both lots of wood AND will let me grow useful crops.  Because forests have awful ones.
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 09, 2011, 11:58:39 am »

Get Wood!

Oh, don't get me wrong, I was good and wooded up.  With walls and stuff.  But the only way for me to get caravans was to leave an opening in my wall, and I never got it closed in time when an ambush or invasion showed up...

I also have the problem of not having enough stuff to trade.  Normally, I just make dozens of bins of stonecrafts.  But now that I can't, I make a couple of wood, because it's usually at a premium, and then butcher animals.  In this game, I almost had cotton production up and running, but then I got owned.

In any case, I'm trying different stuff out for the succession game, and hoping beyond hope that I can find an embark that has both lots of wood AND will let me grow useful crops.  Because forests have awful ones.
Giggity.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 09, 2011, 12:07:07 pm »

Get Wood!

i for one get the most ore i can, make that into mechanisms and then make cage traps, so that the infected are busy while the caravan happily enters and the doors are sealed. it also helps if you channel out a 3 tile (maybe less) path to the doors, and post your riflemen to help stall the zed-heads additionally.

heres the layout.
ground Z-level:    (++)-bridge, +++-road (put those cage traps on it!), =0- wall with a pillar, - Z channel drop, _-tile (ground
=0(++)0=
_-(++)-_
_-+++-_
_-+++-_
_-+++-_
_-+++-_
_-+++-_

1 Z-level up: []-fortifications (i make my fortress out of clay. hey, it's carveable!) +-floor (for the soldiers)
+++
[][]
----

1 Z-level down: ~-ground, - undug ground (prefferably soil), 0-walled off entrance (for the miners to remove the ramps)
~~~~~0
~-----~
~-----~
~-----~
~-----~
~-----~

clear?

of course if you can't build this in time, you can let one enlightened caravan  have an "accident" *wink, wink*

plus, embark with 3 stones and 2-3 blocks, for a bridge and mechanisms.

edit: make that 4, so that you can make a kiln for clay collection.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 12:22:00 pm by kerlc »

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 09, 2011, 02:27:52 pm »

Oh, of course!  I never considered embarking with stone, hah!  Thanks!

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 09, 2011, 05:36:20 pm »

I finally survived an undead invasion. By wallingin 10 out of my 18 survivors in my shack, which contains all stockpiles, a farm, several workshops, a dining room, and a dorm. The undead are chasing the est of my populace around the map.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 09, 2011, 06:18:07 pm »

Just don't embark with one of the poison stones like I did, fastest fort death ever.
Nom nom nom

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 09, 2011, 06:24:50 pm »

Just don't embark with one of the poison stones like I did, fastest fort death ever.
Why? But it's Fun!

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 10, 2011, 07:33:19 am »

it is really fun! just like me, my miners with rotten hearts could not even finish the primitive burrows for my people to live in, when the undead came. and then there were none. and a whole lot of blood too.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 111