Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 226860 times)

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.6] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #465 on: May 15, 2011, 06:24:03 am »

too bad you cant make stick grenades  :P
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

BoomClap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: May 15, 2011, 06:25:36 am »

what say revamping armor system? Obviously even if the world collapses I don't think people would be running around with iron and steel armor. how about removing all the metal armor except for those like metal armor in fallout 3, and replacing them all with stacks of leather armors?

Oh, and adding kevlar wouldn't be so bad idea. as long as it is not accessible to Human civ. Only for warlords and making them stone layers only appearing below hard stone layer. That way we could have bullet proof vests!

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: May 15, 2011, 06:34:09 am »

shark suits.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 15, 2011, 07:42:39 am »

what say revamping armor system? Obviously even if the world collapses I don't think people would be running around with iron and steel armor. how about removing all the metal armor except for those like metal armor in fallout 3, and replacing them all with stacks of leather armors?

Oh, and adding kevlar wouldn't be so bad idea. as long as it is not accessible to Human civ. Only for warlords and making them stone layers only appearing below hard stone layer. That way we could have bullet proof vests!

it's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY easier to just bang together some plates and put that on your torso than hardening and (probably) studdening the leather. like a brigandine vest! it needs a leather armour and it is reinforced with small iron/steel plates or studs (like those on top of lego bricks) to better defend against melee attacks.

look, kevlar is NOT HARD TO GET. take a boat, cayac (hope i said it right) and you'll find that it is reinforced with kevlar strands. those strands or full patches of it can be easily removed. then you somehow get more of kevlar, stack it together and booyah! you got yourself an armour plate. (this is NOT a fulproof method, as the cayacs are sometimes also made from plastic on the inside, while others are COMPLETELY MADE FROM KEVLAR.)

AND HAS ANYONE EVEN NOTICED MY SUGGESTION OF TRENCH GUNS (better shotgun with a bayonet, weaker than obrez, more powerful than shotgun) FOR THE RAINHEIT?

shark suits.

i doubt that would be made, since they are HARDER TO MAKE THAN CHAINMAIL.

i am writing all that i have writtten in UPPER CASE LETTERS on purpose, since i find that people somehow MANAGE TO OVERSEE WHAT I AM SAYING.
M'KAY?

BoomClap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: May 15, 2011, 07:50:51 am »

snip

TYPING EVERY STUFF IN UPPER CASE LETTER DOESN'T MAKE YOUR WORD MORE RELIABLE, EASY TO UNDERSTAND.
WELL TYPING IN UPPER CASE LETTER SURELY WOULD GET ATTENTION, BUT FIRST THING CAME TO MY MIND READING YOUR POST WAS
'OH SHIT WHY'S THAT GUY SHOUTING AT ME'

well if kevlar is that easy to get, we could salvage stuff made of kevlar in form of DF gems.
but what I recall from IT's post was that kevlar wouldn't be implemented because he thinks kevlar is way to advanced for those refugees

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: May 15, 2011, 07:59:41 am »

yeah, i know it is OMG HE SHOUTS!!!!

but i found from my 4 years of forum experience that this indeed makes my post seen, and people give a thought of what i am saying.

trench gun anyone?

edit.: IT 000, have you got any reinheit graphics?

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: May 15, 2011, 12:04:33 pm »

Something u may like to know IT atm on my Dwarf Fortress Reviews Thread ur mod seems the most popular and ppl want me to do more on that ^_^ and I have to agree with them.

Great to hear! Can't wait! :D

So tell me, whats worth looking into as a New person in this mod.
Whats needed the most, whats the difference between spades and pick?
Why does the seeds cost more then the plant?
Why did my miner just get a Cyan Blue Heart wound after mining Marble? I had a quick look at the raws, the thing don't have any syndromes there.

Well it's a one of a kind mod. There's no other mod out there that's quite like it, Wasteland comes close, but that's Fallout leaning with mutants and such. Corrosion is just good ol' fashion Z-Day.

The differences between pick and spade are minimal, besides combat capabilities (spades are better at slashing while picks pierce organs) both of them can be used to dig.

For the seeds, at embark you may need to sell a few in order to bring everything you need. In the future I may up the price, but it's not very high up on my to do list.

For your miner, as said above you probably dug into Meta stone. It looks just like marble.

Have Fun!

The plates of metal armor are just that, a half in thick plate of metal. I'm sure a survivor could pull that off. In fact, metal armor protects the least, it only covers the upper body and only blocks 50% of the shots. But yes, I would like to see more types of armor in general. Perhaps studded leather or something.

I've decided to add Kevlar, but it is in the works right now. Now that I've looked into it it doesn't seem that hard to find but it takes a chemist to make. Which is beyond the refugees, the Enlightened should have some of it laying around. If I allow the player to make it, the Gem idea that Boomclap suggested sounds like the way to go.

trench knife and a trench gun (superior shotgun with a bayonet and different ammo)

Trench Knives are in the game, the Trench Guns intrigue me. Obviously that list of items they have is a small unfinished one. I'm pretty sure that Obrezes have bayonets, but I would like to see them have better weapons.

edit.: IT 000, have you got any reinheit graphics?

No, everything I have on them is on paper only. But once I start putting them into the raws I'll make graphics for them to.

shark suits.

Interesting idea, but chain mail is just to tedious and advanced for most survivors to know how to make. Plus super armor wouldn't fit the game.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

noob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: May 15, 2011, 07:40:35 pm »

what happens when you spawn as a forgotten beast?
LOSING IS FUN!

BoomClap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 15, 2011, 08:03:05 pm »

It happens if you don't delete the original raws

BTW I developed some more ideas.
In a lot of zombie films and games, there's always a zombie lost and cut out from the horde. So adding additional zombies as wild animals can be interesting, as you will be facing simultanous threats, aside from ambushes and sieges. It would cause some problems though, like prepared infected brain showing up in caravans etc.

and putting some use on valuable metals would be nice. like gold rings.

Oh, and I noticed some problems playing this mod. I noticed in above ground fort, it is absurdly hard moving vermin corpse to refuse stockpile. This may break balancing, but can removing all the tags that enables vermin to eat food be done? I think that would solve the problem. as it removes the need for cats.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: May 15, 2011, 08:25:15 pm »

Go to (o)rders, and go to (r)efuse, then hit dwarves gather refuse from (o)utside.

Side Note about guns:
Shotgun: DF cannot make multiple bullets fly out in one shot.
Automatic Weapons: Unless bullets are superspeed, no.
Sniper Rifles: Only weapon skill can affect gun accuracy.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

BoomClap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: May 15, 2011, 08:51:25 pm »

Go to (o)rders, and go to (r)efuse, then hit dwarves gather refuse from (o)utside

and my farmers will run across the god damn map and get killed by ambush.

Bloogonis

• Bay Watcher
  • Steamyworks
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 16, 2011, 01:27:45 am »

Um that's the trade off. you don't want to risk it then don't. otherwise it sort of defeats the purpose of having a vermin hunter in the first place. you don't want one then don't bring any cats. an option would be simply forbid any vermin your cats kill outside your safe zone.

Kerlc, you could use Bold tags to get the result you are looking for without looking like someone who is out of control screaming at everyone. also if what you say is not immediately the single topic of the discussion it does not mean we are ignoring you, it just means something else was more interesting or pertinent it does not mean you should start yelling "Look at me! I said something Look! Look!". The thread isn't so large that posts get lost...

Sorry if that was rant-y but Ive been bumping into a lot of people who feel the caps lock key is acceptable forum etiquette and tend to lay into the caps all the more when people ask them to cool it.

About the armor situation, how about scale mail Mint coins -> scale Mail?

BoomClap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 16, 2011, 02:44:17 am »

edit.

already in place. sorry.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 02:51:17 am by BoomClap »

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: May 16, 2011, 06:28:42 am »

Kerlc, you could use Bold tags to get the result you are looking for without looking like someone who is out of control screaming at everyone. also if what you say is not immediately the single topic of the discussion it does not mean we are ignoring you, it just means something else was more interesting or pertinent it does not mean you should start yelling "Look at me! I said something Look! Look!". The thread isn't so large that posts get lost...

Sorry if that was rant-y but Ive been bumping into a lot of people who feel the caps lock key is acceptable forum etiquette and tend to lay into the caps all the more when people ask them to cool it.

trust me, i have been around on alot of different forums in the past 4 years, so i know what works.

and usually just adding bold just does not cut it. and trust me, if you WANT your proposition to be seen by other people who post on the forum, not just the guy who develops it, since he usually just checks all posts.

or sometimes he is tired or something and does not check everything, just the thing everyone has been talking about.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 16, 2011, 09:26:30 am »

I attempt to check every post. No need to argue about bolding or going capslock crazy. I'll see it that's all that really matters  :)

In a lot of zombie films and games, there's always a zombie lost and cut out from the horde. So adding additional zombies as wild animals can be interesting, as you will be facing simultanous threats, aside from ambushes and sieges. It would cause some problems though, like prepared infected brain showing up in caravans etc.

Sort of already in with the scavengers. When the next version of DF comes out you'll see plenty of zombies invading your fortress :D Yes I am excited.

what happens when you spawn as a forgotten beast?

Duplicate raws, you must replace all raws with the new Corrosion raws.

About the armor situation, how about scale mail Mint coins -> scale Mail?

An entire vest would weigh a ton, and probably wouldn't protect against all but the smallest bites. Doesn't seem like a great idea against zombies.

I have been thinking about the armor situation though.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 111