Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 226900 times)

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.6] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #570 on: May 23, 2011, 11:28:33 am »

well, my question has went unanswered, so let me do it agin:

ARE MAKESHIFT SPEARS ONE HANDED?

come to think of it....

ARE PITCHFPRKS ONE HANDED TOO?

that would be EPIC.
They can be used either way, but are best used 2-handed. But you can use them one handed as well.

soooo... double wielding is possible? epic.
simply epic.
EPICTASTIC!
EPICAWESOMERIFFIC!
EPICBLODFORTHEBLOODGODTASTIC!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: May 23, 2011, 11:35:27 am »

Dual wielding is possible, but single wielding is more efficient.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: May 23, 2011, 11:41:45 am »

well, duh, but efficiency is for the non-russian beardless bitches of a nation!

WE DEMAND LESS EFFICIENCY! MORE RELIABILITY WITHOUT EFFICIENCY! WAIT! IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?

YES IT IS! NOW BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD AND MIKHAIL KALASHNIKOV!

rellik242

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: May 23, 2011, 04:24:59 pm »

Umm ... Is v1.0.7 almost out yet? It's been a while.
Morul Idenigath, Recruit cancels starting Fist Fight: Target inaccessible.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: May 23, 2011, 05:17:38 pm »

well, duh, but efficiency is for the non-russian beardless bitches of a nation!

WE DEMAND LESS EFFICIENCY! MORE RELIABILITY WITHOUT EFFICIENCY! WAIT! IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?

YES IT IS! NOW BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD AND MIKHAIL KALASHNIKOV!

You pretty hyper... ::)
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: May 23, 2011, 09:03:09 pm »

meth in your cereal this morning?
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 23, 2011, 09:17:20 pm »

Hey I am still looking for folk that want to be humied for the Community game. 3 slots left, Backstories fully welcome.
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: May 23, 2011, 11:02:47 pm »

Guys, it says in the OP and readme:
You are part of the Privations, a small sect of humans, a spurn of the democratic free thinking parts of the world. Hell bent on reestablishing the old great empire. They have been through the most horrifying experiences, and they have many more to go through.
I guess that means they're democratic, but also empirical.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 24, 2011, 12:39:53 am »

well, my question has went unanswered, so let me do it agin:

ARE MAKESHIFT SPEARS ONE HANDED?

come to think of it....

ARE PITCHFPRKS ONE HANDED TOO?

that would be EPIC.

Both are one handed.

We need to know the government system of the Privations. Are they the oh-so-common Feudal lords? Kings? Chancellor? Dictators?

They are a democracy  instead of a Monarch they have a President that is elected. I sort of picture them as a desperate democracy. In desperate times laws and rules start being clamped down, things like martial law and the draft start getting put into place. That explains mandates and beatings somewhat. As for laziness, when's the last time you saw a president drive a car? Or cook his own dinner?  ;) Empire was just a  literary reference to the vast expanses of democracy beforehand, and it's rapid crumble. I have looked at all the ideas, they are very good ideas and I like where they are going. But they aren't quite there yet.

While I was boggling around this question myself I thought about something along the lines of district -> county -> state, thoughts?

Umm ... Is v1.0.7 almost out yet? It's been a while.

Patience Moghopper, in due time....

oh, and how about renaming accountant into Quartermaster?

Accountant is a more modern term, but quartermaster probably is more correct. Still, I like accountant for simple atmosphere.

ooh, and even more ideas. in some maps bullets are very scarce due to rarity of lead.

You can make bullets out of many metals not just lead. Copper, Iron, shear steel, crucible steel, brass, bronze, and cupronickel to name a few. Basically any metal that can make a weapon can make a bullet.

how about making a ammo press workshop, moving all the assorted reactions there,
make it available to make several stacks of bullets into a ammunition crate, and vice versa.

When I was designing this mod bullets were meant to take 2 or 3 different workshops, but produce significantly more (3 stacks of 25). This would give crossbows an amazing advantage of less time to make and keep loaded. However, this idea was dropped because I thought it would be to much of a clusterfrak. But I still have the plans lying around (somewhere). I can dig them up and post them if people are interested. Then I could let you guys decide whether I should add it or leave it as is.

and it would make sense for using ammo as currency

It would, but I can't mod it in that way.

-----

Sadly I was not able to spend as much time as I would have liked on graphics today. I made a few more noble graphics, but focused on other things like balancing husbandry. Milking times are different based off of rate of grazing (I'll get specifics later), birds only lay one egg, no more pig milk, and overall most domestic creatures give more meat. Save cats, dogs, cavy's, and I think something else.

I've also been looking over at castes a little more, I've decided to listen to Ult1mera and made descriptions a little clearer on advantages/disadvantages. Furthermore, I have renamed most of them. Nothing big, just 'Army human' to 'Soldier' for example. This makes the game more fluid when your doing adventurer mode or reading legends. I've replaced the standard privations with 'Office Worker' they learn military skills slightly slower. Additionally, current castes have been kneecapped in their bonuses, formally 200% percent bonuses in learning has been dropped down to 125%

I also plan to add a number of castes to reflect modern jobs. For example, a Farmer who has increased learning on farming, but decreased learning on crafts. Or a salesman, who has an increased learning on social skills and 'noble' job skills but decreased learning on farming. The increased/decreased learning is only 25% so it won't be a fort stopper, but it will make you look out for the best candidates. I'd also like to add a few castes that can greatly hinder the player. Such as a coward who learns military skills 75% slower but is extremely agile. These castes will be rare, but you should still keep an eye out for them.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 12:45:19 am by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 24, 2011, 08:51:37 am »

I'm digging the ideas of new castes. But it would be hard to put a "limit" on it. Afteral, there are several thousand jobs you could add in. ;) Will you be using archetypes then? Farmer, Trader, Soldier, ... something like that. Also, won't it be hard to have the old castes (beserker and such) too? Or will those disappear.

I'm also in favour of harder ammo-making. It ain't no picknick to make bullets. Especially compared to making bolts for a crossbow. Just shave something sharpish from a piece of wood and presto, instant bolt. It's a shame we can't mod weaponspeed though. Crossbows should be one-shot weapons.

As for a "lore" question: The current Infected became so by using the Immortality pill. But, with the upcoming release of DF, we should be able to have bitten victims turn into zombies. Do you intend to add that to the mod, IT? If so, what is the "reason" that the Infection is transferable? Some sort of mutation?
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 24, 2011, 09:11:36 am »

I would think the infection is transferable because it entered the blood and saliva, like 'normal' zombie reasons for turnings. When you get bitten or bleed on (think 28dayslater) it enters your bloodstream and then boom, you have a high chance of becoming one of them. Though I would say to be fairish, Soap would be useful then...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 24, 2011, 09:49:12 am »

Maybe the immortality pill has the side effect of causing the people who take it to begin synthesizing the chemicals in their livers and pancreas, making them walking drug factories for the immortality pill, thus any bites/scratches and eating their flesh, will transfer the effects to the unfortunate individual.
Nom nom nom

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 24, 2011, 10:10:07 am »

I'm digging the ideas of new castes. But it would be hard to put a "limit" on it. Afteral, there are several thousand jobs you could add in. ;)  Will you be using archetypes then? Farmer, Trader, Soldier, ... something like that. Also, won't it be hard to have the old castes (beserker and such) too? Or will those disappear.

Old castes will stay in. Perhaps be renamed slightly. Berserker -> Criminal or something. Not every single carrier field will be introduced to the game, but there will be a wide enough variety to spawn common grudges and make you keep an eye out for likely candidates.

I'm also in favour of harder ammo-making. It ain't no picknick to make bullets. Especially compared to making bolts for a crossbow. Just shave something sharpish from a piece of wood and presto, instant bolt. It's a shame we can't mod weaponspeed though. Crossbows should be one-shot weapons.

Alright, I'll dig up my old plans and give you guys a look at them.

As for a "lore" question: The current Infected became so by using the Immortality pill. But, with the upcoming release of DF, we should be able to have bitten victims turn into zombies. Do you intend to add that to the mod, IT? If so, what is the "reason" that the Infection is transferable? Some sort of mutation?

Yes, if it is possible zombies will infect your humans. A bite from a lumbering/scrawn will take a few months to kick in and possibly bring along visible signs of infection (fever or drowsiness) while a mutated Infected would act much faster and with no warning. A bite from a scavenger would not likely result in zombie-ism as they are not as well developed, but it will involve things like nausea and coughing blood.  I especially like Kilakan's idea as an explanation, and the backstory will be altered if Infected can spread.

The bite probably won't be instant 100% chance of zombism. but rather a decent chance to be worried, but still not atomsmash every minuteman that is in a fight.

The infection should only spread by a bite, not by blood like in many lores.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 24, 2011, 11:43:36 am »

IT, I agree with everything you said in that last post, except for the berserker thing.

The whole synthesizing thing I thought of already, but there wasn't an appropriate time (Sorry, not trying to usurp). It could be the brain, as that's the kill point. Besides, if you shatter their livers, they'll still infect. But the brain is there always.

"GOTTA SHOOT 'EM IN DAH 'EAD!"
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 111