Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 226889 times)

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.6] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #585 on: May 24, 2011, 12:44:26 pm »

meth in your cereal this morning?

nah, i was high off vodka that night. with some herbs of couse.

and ammo making should be like this: case + gunpowder + bullet (i think it's called that way) tip
and for shells: Shell+ gunpowder + pellets

although for gunpowder, it would be nice if you'd give us just charcoal to make it.
or add two stones that appear in EVERY STONE LAYER AND ARE NOT RARE called "brimstone" and probably "saltpeter"

making them rare would mean VERY hard bullet making. in that case, crossbows should be made more efficient, maybe you could add bows, to train the pistol skill.
i believe bows and crossbows would be VERY common as they are easy to make, and in trained hands very lethal. (did you know that a normal kevlar police vest lets down to the crossbow bolt and the bow arrow also. stab vests are WAYYYYY better)

also compact the size to the bulletsmiths workshop or something

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 24, 2011, 01:23:16 pm »

well considering stones kill us as-is, if we are gonna have to mine to get guns, the guns in question will need to be way more powerful, atm I find it takes a legendary archer 25 or so shots to take down one infected unless he gets lucky.
Nom nom nom

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 24, 2011, 02:12:38 pm »

Yeah, the infected's pain tolerance means they just seem to stand there taking the shots. Just standing there...staring...staring and moaning...while absently-mindedly chewing on my guard puppies.

Quick question. I haven't been able to use the shotguns yet. How do they fare compared to rifles? The readme says that they can remove limbs, so they sound a lot more devastating. And because they have no spread...limb removing rifle? I am just curious. And hopeful. Very Hopeful.  :D

☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

Darion

• Bay Watcher
  • What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 24, 2011, 03:43:42 pm »

Nvm.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 04:01:48 pm by Darion »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 24, 2011, 05:06:25 pm »

I use shotguns, and only shotguns, they can actually kill in a fe hits since they tend to massivily cripple or remove limbs, and occasionally bi-sect the infected, meaning that if they don't kill, they atleast make the infected easy to deal with for melee troops.
Nom nom nom

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 24, 2011, 07:31:42 pm »

Okay, as promised, here's the specifics on animal milking time.

* Milkable animals now have different milking times. The milking rate is determined by grazing rate x 100 from most frequently milkable to least freqently: Water Buffalo (60) - Yak (85) - Cow (100) - Horse (120) - Donkey (200) - Llamma (333) - Reindeer(461) - Alpaca (857)- Sheep (1200) - Goat (1200)
To give you an idea of time. 200 is the standard DF milking time. 1000 is about a month.

IT, I agree with everything you said in that last post, except for the berserker thing.

Yeah that's probably not going to be the name, it was just the first idea on the list.

well considering stones kill us as-is, if we are gonna have to mine to get guns, the guns in question will need to be way more powerful, atm I find it takes a legendary archer 25 or so shots to take down one infected unless he gets lucky.

Yeah, if I could tell my men to aim at their eyes I would. That's the only reason why they are so bad. However, it does adds to the Fun. Do you sacrifice resources with bullets or do you sacrifice lives with melee? Once I implement a more complicated way to make bullets, their yield will be significantly more to balance it out.

add bows, to train the pistol skill.

Well, no, crossbows train rifle skill because it's literally, hold like a rifle. Point, and shoot. Granted there are some very stark differences, but bows and pistols are a long shot at best.

Quick question. I haven't been able to use the shotguns yet. How do they fare compared to rifles? The readme says that they can remove limbs, so they sound a lot more devastating. And because they have no spread...limb removing rifle? I am just curious. And hopeful. Very Hopeful.  :D

Compared to rifles, shotgun's only disadvantage (currently) is that the guns themselves take more resources to produce. Other then that they are more effective then regular rifles. When a more complicated ammo system is set in (see below) they will produce ~half as much as bullets.

-----

Found my old plans.

There are two ways of making bullets:
(1) Cast Lead Bullets: Simple one lead bar, one charcoal = 25 bullets much more time efficient then the other methods
(2) To Make other bullets, you need fuel, a metal bar, and gunpowder = 4 stacks of 25 bullets (might change to 3 stacks 100 bullets seems a tad much)
To make Shotgun shells you need fuel, metal bar, gunpowder, and pellets = creates 2 stacks of 25 bullets

My prior notes say that to make Gunpowder you need one thing of charcoal, and one thing of saltpeter. Saltpeter is difficult to come by though. However, during my research, I have found out that Potassium Nitrate works as a substitute. Guess what! It's mostly just Potash and Ammonia. Since Ammonia comes from animal droppings and animal droppings aren't in the game. So to make Potassium Nitrate, you will just use Potash and fuel.

To make gunpowder, you need one batch of Potassium Nitrate and one unit of charcoal.

Pellets could be made at the Metalsmith's forge. Shotgun Shells will be made out of whatever pellets they use. Simply because it's easier to control then a random metal bar.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 24, 2011, 07:38:58 pm »

I like the slightly more complicated ammo route, it jsut seems better to me, and as long as you are in a moderatly forested area, gunpowder should be no problem to make, and it gives the ash burner skill some use.
Nom nom nom

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 24, 2011, 08:38:10 pm »

Potash making is less useless now! Plus you can use surplus potash for fertilizing the fields due to slow crop grow time (wait does fertilization affect grow time or yield? either way it's just better)
I approve of this idea.  :)
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 24, 2011, 09:25:09 pm »

You can make ammonia from potatoes ya know :3

I'm doing for my upcoming "Dorf Space" mod!  ;D

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 25, 2011, 07:39:51 am »

ok, IT, i agree with your idea.

though mine is harder. and more real, but whatevs, we cah just pretend that caseless ammunition has been invented (wich it has been) and  that it is bloody useful (wich it is not, currently).

and modern bows are held like pistols, some custom made even have grips that resemble pistol grips. the only difference? well, you have to pull.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 25, 2011, 09:41:02 am »

You can make ammonia from potatoes ya know :3

I'm doing for my upcoming "Dorf Space" mod!  ;D

I did read somewhere that some plants had ammonia, but my sources did not divulge specific info on specific plants.

though mine is harder. and more real, but whatevs, we cah just pretend that caseless ammunition has been invented (wich it has been) and  that it is bloody useful (wich it is not, currently).

Well, the metal bar was for the case of the ammo.

and modern bows are held like pistols, some custom made even have grips that resemble pistol grips. the only difference? well, you have to pull.

Got any images/link to them? I actually do some recreational archery from time to time and I've never heard of this, but if it does exist I might add them.

-----

I will begin adding the more complicated ammo creation right away.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 25, 2011, 09:54:08 am »

Yeah, you can get nitrogen (And therefor ammonia) from a few plants, but potatoes are rich in it.

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 25, 2011, 11:03:52 am »

I like this new ammo-producing idea. A way to use potash to kill things? I'm in.  8)
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 25, 2011, 11:54:57 am »

here's some pics from the wikipedia and various sources
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and there's the alternative: the pistol crossbow!

« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 12:10:42 pm by kerlc »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 111