Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 228264 times)

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.6] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #600 on: May 25, 2011, 12:06:38 pm »

another word:
NEVER

and another one!

FIX'D
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 12:11:04 pm by kerlc »

BoomClap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 25, 2011, 06:10:36 pm »

or you could just remove pistols, as they do nothing. and add carbon recurve bow or composite bows

P.S.
I just got invaded by 48 scrawny infected. and they failed to murder any of my men but they did kill my FPS. It dropped to 18.
thus making nearly unplayable.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 12:32:59 am by BoomClap »

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 26, 2011, 06:39:13 am »

flax should grow everywhere. my ancestors back in the prehistoric ages have planted flax in a SWAMP, on MOUNTAINS (where there was enough ground, and the trees still grew) and on PLAINS and FORESTS. so flax should be everywhere-growing fiber plant.

BoomClap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 26, 2011, 08:15:15 am »

flax should grow everywhere. my ancestors back in the prehistoric ages have planted flax in a SWAMP, on MOUNTAINS (where there was enough ground, and the trees still grew) and on PLAINS and FORESTS. so flax should be everywhere-growing fiber plant.

speaking of flax, I can't seem to plant it. I looked over raws and flax seed doesn't do anything.

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 26, 2011, 12:00:52 pm »

Hmm, is the cigar reaction broken at the moment? I just checked the Changes/Fixes page and it said something about fixing some issues with cigars. At the moment it wants "leaves" and tobacco leaves. Is this the doubling issue mentioned?
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 26, 2011, 12:29:57 pm »

one question, IT, how much plants per square does barley have? i really haven't gotten into the cereals thing, but now my fortress is hungry, and it is the beginning of the season? also, can you also tell that for wheat and rye?

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 26, 2011, 12:31:42 pm »

one question, IT, how much plants per square does barley have? i really haven't gotten into the cereals thing, but now my fortress is hungry, and it is the beginning of the season? also, can you also tell that for wheat and rye?
Read the RAWs.

It's the [CLUSTERSIZE:x], where x is the amount of plants per square.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: May 26, 2011, 12:37:36 pm »

thanks for the tip. now i know that i WONT use cereals, since their plants are [CLUSTERSIZE:1] for everything.

ok, part of me gets it, but let's say that 1 tile in DF is 1 square foot (90 cm square), m'kay? on that square foot at least 50 or so plants will grow. i'm not saying that the plants should be that size, but give us at least 3 per square, or maybe 5, or else i will mod it myself.

otherwise, just remove the cereals, cause they do not pay up, except you're into the flour seller thing.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 26, 2011, 12:45:30 pm »

thanks for the tip. now i know that i WONT use cereals, since their plants are [CLUSTERSIZE:1] for everything.

ok, part of me gets it, but let's say that 1 tile in DF is 1 square foot (90 cm square), m'kay? on that square foot at least 50 or so plants will grow. i'm not saying that the plants should be that size, but give us at least 3 per square, or maybe 5, or else i will mod it myself.

otherwise, just remove the cereals, cause they do not pay up, except you're into the flour seller thing.
The default for vanilla DF is 5 crops per tile.

Hmm...

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 26, 2011, 01:24:58 pm »

Necro, CLUSTERSIZE only affects plants gathered via herbalism, not farming.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 26, 2011, 01:26:19 pm »

Necro, CLUSTERSIZE only affects plants gathered via herbalism, not farming.
Ah shit.

What changes the farming size then?

Darion

• Bay Watcher
  • What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 26, 2011, 01:46:52 pm »

So...I'm kinda lost, could you answer some questions?

1- What is the easiest way to get metal?
2- Is there any rock safe to be mined?
3- Is the dojo not working, or the experience gain os way too slow?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 02:04:18 pm by Darion »

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 26, 2011, 04:47:46 pm »

speaking of flax, I can't seem to plant it. I looked over raws and flax seed doesn't do anything.

Done + fixed

and there's the alternative: the pistol crossbow!

Oh I see! I could add that. Great find!

or you could just remove pistols, as they do nothing. and add carbon recurve bow or composite bows

I actually enjoy the pistol, it adds some variety to the game. Plus they come in handy, especially early on. I suppose I am willing to put all guns in a 'firearm' skill and then all bows/crossbows into a 'Marksman' skill. But that's a little detail that can go unnoticed until well into 1.0.8

P.S.
I just got invaded by 48 scrawny infected. and they failed to murder any of my men but they did kill my FPS. It dropped to 18.
thus making nearly unplayable.

Was it raining? dfcleanmap helps.

Hmm, is the cigar reaction broken at the moment? I just checked the Changes/Fixes page and it said something about fixing some issues with cigars. At the moment it wants "leaves" and tobacco leaves. Is this the doubling issue mentioned?

No, the doubling issue came from cigar smoke being called cigar smoke smoke. The reaction is just fine and works as expected, despite the weird wording.

After a quick glance at the wiki Patchouli is right
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Did not know that...

Cereals are staying in. If I removed everything because it didn't pay up half the game would be gone :p Additionally, flour is actually very handy. One thing of cereal creates multiple things of flour, which can be used in meals. Easily sustaining a fort.

So...I'm kinda lost, could you answer some questions?

1- What is the easiest way to get metal?
2- Is there any rock safe to be mined?
3- Is the dojo not working, or the experience gain os way too slow?

1- The easiest way to get metal is to dig down to the bottom soil layer, and dig out with down stairs. This way you can see the rock layer below you and you can just dig down again once you find metal.

2- In regular Corrosion safe rock is rare. Rigid Rock can be mined out, but is only in small clusters. You could use the Safe Stone mod that makes all stone layers safe.

3- It works, it's just as useful as a workshop (aka not very). Using Army Humans maximizes the effectiveness, but besides that all you can do is make a carp load of dummies and hit the repeat button.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 26, 2011, 05:57:32 pm »

I just got downloaded this mod and it's pretty neat. My first fort didn't go so well, I embarked in an area that said it had trees but it didn't and there was too much Hard Rock to really dig into the earth. I got a few migrations before I realized that I'd be attacked soon. So with no trees to makes wall or even structures, and the looming threat of being eaten alive, I had no choice. . .
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I could have, alternatively, used Ash bars to build what I needed. But that would have took too long and I wouldn't have had enough time to really build up a parameter. I also lost my first crop of peas because I failed to realize it was too late into the season to plant >.<

Long story short, awesome.
When do you think you'll be releasing the next update/version/etc?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 06:09:24 pm by Lolzwheejars »

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 26, 2011, 06:58:33 pm »

Good to hear we have a new fan! And thanks for your support!

When do you think you'll be releasing the next update/version/etc?

Honestly, my predictions thus far have been no better then NASA. I would like to say I am 80% done. Time is based off of how much free time I have lying around and how many problems I run into, but I'll only be letting people down if I give an exact date.

-----

Speaking of problems the Tileset is in, I would like to remake the brick tiles as soon as I saw them, however I've run into a bit of a rut. See this post for more details.

Special thanks to Ironhand for solving this problem! The tileset is working perfectly now! I'll post screenshots soon!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 07:08:57 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 111