Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 226953 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.7] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #705 on: June 05, 2011, 09:53:38 am »

My god, I just played the best year of corrosion yet, I actually managed to mine down all the way to the magma sea using veins, got all the way there without hitting a single poisonous rock.  I am now building pumps to pump the magma back through the veins, and within a year or two I hope to have magma defenses for my pretty little humans, hahahaah.
Nom nom nom

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: June 05, 2011, 09:57:24 am »

Well, normal shovels made of crucible steel are pretty hardcore, but... well... i guess it is not the same, the combat one can only be bought from the warlords and is better, so you can make a miner combat squad (sappers?)

JediaKyrol

• Bay Watcher
  • I have no idea what I am doing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: June 05, 2011, 10:15:43 am »

1. A warning when you hit poisonus rock? Like "Surface Rock detected! Digging Cancelled" or something in that order (people shouldn't mind it, is redesignating one tile to much to save the life of your only miner?).
It just seems kinda funny to just look away for half a minute and suddenly getting "UristMiner has suffocated!".

I would like to do something like this. However I only have a limited ability to mod announcements. So this is not possible.

you could change [STRUCK_MINERAL:A_D:D_D] to [STRUCK_MINERAL:A_D:D_D:P:R]  that should pause and recenter when you first expose stone through dirt.  However...it will likely do so for everything you dig.
alternatively...change [STRUCK_ECONOMIC_MINERAL:A_D:D_D] to [STRUCK_ECONOMIC_MINERAL:A_D:D_D:P:R]...but then you will have to be in-game to mark stones as economic or not...

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: June 05, 2011, 11:48:01 am »

Well, normal shovels made of crucible steel are pretty hardcore, but... well... i guess it is not the same, the combat one can only be bought from the warlords and is better, so you can make a miner combat squad (sappers?)

well, i think somewhere along the lines of the "lobo" from world war Z (READ THE BOOK! IT IS VERY GOOD! READ IT NOW!), a sharpened shovel taht (if possible) is used for digging, but uses the axeman skill in-military.

My god, I just played the best year of corrosion yet, I actually managed to mine down all the way to the magma sea using veins, got all the way there without hitting a single poisonous rock.  I am now building pumps to pump the magma back through the veins, and within a year or two I hope to have magma defenses for my pretty little humans, hahahaah.

You are epic. :bow:

i also had my best years of corrosion, made a hermit, his proffession is called "vault dweller" and he uses an (aboveground, walled off 1 z level up) farm to farm potatoes and barley.

say, does hitting a cavern make grow underground trees?

and IT, where are the underground shrooms?
we need da shroom!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: June 05, 2011, 02:59:28 pm »

there are no underground plants or trees at the moment, just lots of really gross goop, and two really nasty creatures.
Nom nom nom

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: June 05, 2011, 03:47:21 pm »

Another idea: Lost technology as gem clusters, if you proccess that gem, it might give you an awesome weapon, some crap or just blow up in a toxic cloud. Insert here chainswords, very high power pistols or whatever you want, but it should be hard to come by and hard to transform (say, 5% of weapon, 30% garbage and 65% it blows up)

Also: Relics as a gem cluster too, might give you an ancient weapon (two handed sword, war axe...) or armor (breastplate, chainmail...)
of a good (steel) average (iron) or bad (copper), but, hey, free metal!

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: June 05, 2011, 05:10:17 pm »

@ IT 000

Oh, thats a shame, guess i'll just have to be more carefull when digging, gotta supervise my miners more, luckily underground storage is just temporary and if someone managed to dig all the way down to magma then it can't be all that bad.

Thats the funny part, I AM using the sawmill to create planks, its as much a matter of resources as it is manpower.
Most are busy hauling items, producing trade goods or peforming activities to help sustain the compound.

Also, this is my first time playing Corrosion (hence losing miners to poisoning in the first place) so I genned and embarked on a typical area without knowing what to expect. ;P

here's a hint: use dwarf therapist ;)

it helps SOOOOO much. just remove the hauling job from your carpenter, and he'll do it until you run out of logs.

I'd have to be stupid not to use Dwarf Therapist, micromanaging dwarves in DF seems almost impossible without it, I used that little fun utility to assign Carpenter and Mason job to ALL my non essential subjects so I can construct things faster.
But even then the work never ends there, when I am done constructing a wall I immediately afterward want my dwarves slaves survivors to build a huge structure or monument to how awesome we are, so there is ALWAYS something to do and everything is of equal importance (How to balance food vs trade goods vs defence), because that is like the point of the game, surviving is fun but surviving whilst building a huge monument is Fun!!

I began construction of my wooden skyscraper today and things are going better than ever. :)
Maybe in three years i'll be able to move EVERYTHING on top of a huge wooden platform and use the tower for defence?
Oh the possibilities...

Also, I accidentaly upset a caravan of Enlightened by offering 34 Crucible Steel bolts in exchange for everything they owned.
Is this bad? Will I be expecting a vile force of sneaking monks armed with laser rifles?
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: June 05, 2011, 08:13:04 pm »

I read this earlier in the thread, but where do you make wooden mechanisms? Or is that not in yet...

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: June 05, 2011, 09:55:39 pm »

Shovels seem pretty lethal in  the game already. Chunks go flying whenever one of my miners encounter a scavenger  8)

A combat shovel that the warlords bring could be useful, but a little unnecessary IMO. 

Noted, I will now do my own arena tests to see how effective the shovel is. Then I will decide on the combat shovel.

Wow! Can't say I've ever seen that done before! You'll have to post screenshots sometime!

you could change [STRUCK_MINERAL:A_D:D_D] to [STRUCK_MINERAL:A_D:D_D:P:R]  that should pause and recenter when you first expose stone through dirt.  However...it will likely do so for everything you dig.
alternatively...change [STRUCK_ECONOMIC_MINERAL:A_D:D_D] to [STRUCK_ECONOMIC_MINERAL:A_D:D_D:P:R]...but then you will have to be in-game to mark stones as economic or not...

That only works for minerals such as veins or clusters. Not layers of stone.

and IT, where are the underground shrooms?
we need da shroom!

Yeah I have a tile for them already, I'll probably go on another plant adding fey mood soon. They're at the top of my list.

Another idea: Lost technology as gem clusters, if you proccess that gem, it might give you an awesome weapon, some crap or just blow up in a toxic cloud. Insert here chainswords, very high power pistols or whatever you want, but it should be hard to come by and hard to transform (say, 5% of weapon, 30% garbage and 65% it blows up)

Also: Relics as a gem cluster too, might give you an ancient weapon (two handed sword, war axe...) or armor (breastplate, chainmail...)

This idea intrigues me. Gems are currently lacking in the game. Plus giving them a more useful purpose would be nice.

Also, I accidentaly upset a caravan of Enlightened by offering 34 Crucible Steel bolts in exchange for everything they owned.

They are mostly based off of elves, one bad year doesn't usually piss them off. You should be fine.

I read this earlier in the thread, but where do you make wooden mechanisms? Or is that not in yet...

Yes, Metalsmith's Forge, takes two screws and a wooden log.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: June 05, 2011, 11:47:39 pm »

I just found a small town in adventure mode populated by friendly infected that can't be spoken to.
They all have job classes ie Animal Dissector, Trapper, etc
Seems like the enlightened human civ I am part of is allied with a scrawny infected civ.
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: June 06, 2011, 02:33:49 am »

Force-attack them. Problem solved :)

Oh, hell, i forgot, put also advanced armor on the lost tech clusters :P Think of warhammer 40k caparace armor or something (servoarmor is overkill...)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 02:37:12 am by NightS »

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: June 06, 2011, 05:55:38 am »

Oh, hell, i forgot, put also advanced armor on the lost tech clusters :P Think of warhammer 40k caparace armor or something (servoarmor is overkill...)
nah, that would be overkill. or overdefend. what about some sort of (almost) biteproof BDU, like the one they used in World war Z (READ THE BOOK! IT IS AWESOME! IT HAS POLITICAL, SOCIAL, AND TECHNOLOGICAL COMMENTARIES ON TEH MODERN WORLD)
or maybe flak armor.....

chainswords=approved (just a little bit WH40K fan, me)
 maybe some sort of weapon whose ammo ingites upon hitting (or at infected blood temperature) see this thread
or maybe not garbage, but plastic (similar to wood), gunparts (you find an awesome gun, but when you try to fix it, you destroy, and recover the part(s)), and chainsaw chain (blade) (if you find a messed up chainsword and get out the chain) and the same for mechanisms. (CHAINSWORDS!)

as for the artefacts, i don't think it can be done. good suggestions. MAKE THESE GEMS IN THE HARD ROCK LAYER! >:D
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 06:07:19 am by kerlc »

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: June 06, 2011, 06:41:24 am »

Yea. Also thunder hammers. FOR THE EMPRAH!
But it should be VERY rare to come by imo, if not it would totally break the balance of the game.
What would be awesome would be to get an adamantine 2-handed sword. Or better, an adamantine 2 handed chainsword *drools*

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: June 06, 2011, 07:33:51 am »

Yea. Also thunder hammers. FOR THE EMPRAH!
But it should be VERY rare to come by imo, if not it would totally break the balance of the game.
What would be awesome would be to get an adamantine 2-handed sword. Or better, an adamantine 2 handed chainsword *drools*

adamantine is out...but titanum....or unobtanium.....

Kerlc, bay watcher has suffocated in his own droll!

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: June 06, 2011, 07:53:02 am »

What, no chain axes?

I am so disapoint guys.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 111