Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 226878 times)

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.7] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #825 on: June 25, 2011, 04:33:25 pm »

Also. What aboot a bowling ball mace? xD

I've been looking for a heavier club, light clubs are deadly, but they lack a certain punch. I use a bowling ball mounted on a rod as a dolly, so it would be possible. I'll add it in :D

Glad you liked the idear. I can just see it now, solid steel bowling balls... Sounds awesome. But I'd imagine you'd just end up making them out of stone, right? I recently did a D&D rule conversion for a more modern Fallout style, one of the craft able weapons that I came up with was a bowling ball and metal pipe/rod, and I thought that it could fit in as a makeshift weapon in a zombie crisis as well :p

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: June 25, 2011, 04:48:01 pm »

Amazing fort you have there! Any chance you could upload it to DF Map Archive? I'd love to see the rest of it
http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-10529-glazedtheater - right here!

also, should I still bother with crossbows or just spend the iron creating the horde of naked men with machetes.

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: June 25, 2011, 05:42:21 pm »

Amazing fort you have there! Any chance you could upload it to DF Map Archive? I'd love to see the rest of it

also, should I still bother with crossbows or just spend the iron creating the horde of naked men with machetes.

Depends. I'd use the machete method against the weakest infected. But even then you could have high causalities. I haven't started to try and figure out the workings of making guns, but that would be a better bet than crossbows.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: June 25, 2011, 05:51:39 pm »

Glad you liked the idear. I can just see it now, solid steel bowling balls... Sounds awesome. But I'd imagine you'd just end up making them out of stone, right? I recently did a D&D rule conversion for a more modern Fallout style, one of the craft able weapons that I came up with was a bowling ball and metal pipe/rod, and I thought that it could fit in as a makeshift weapon in a zombie crisis as well :p

Perhaps both metal and stone, I like the idea.

I am really digging your cliff design. I'll have to try something like that sometime, truly a magnificent embark.

Really depends, if you can hole yourself up and use Fortifications, go with the x-bows. But if you lack the resources to keep them stocked with metal bolts, you might have to go with the zerg rush. Don't expect any survivors if you don't outnumber them.

I haven't started to try and figure out the workings of making guns

From Read Me under Ranged Weapons. It's a lot, and it varies from gun to gun. But way better then crossbows. Your Readme might be a wee different, I believe I believe yours might say 4 gunparts for the shotgun. But I think it's 3.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: June 25, 2011, 06:25:07 pm »

I don't think I updated to the new version yet, so I wouldn't know xD

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: June 26, 2011, 02:29:27 am »

I recommend that you upgrade to shotguns. I used to just use crossbows, but when your fighting an enemy that feels no pain, crossbows can't really disable or kill many. Shotguns, on the other hand, blow chunks off them. 8)

They might be more tricky to make, but they are beautiful in combat...
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: June 26, 2011, 08:25:43 am »

Ha! This is great. But I see that those carnivores are a little more frequent. I don't like them as much... They always seems to tantrum and slaughter everyone >.>
Aslo, is there a way to edit out Ghosts? They are the most useless shite ever... They literally suck all of the fun out of it for me >.<

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: June 26, 2011, 08:26:28 am »

I was looking at the zombie mod, and I saw some pretty good ideas in there. For example, the 'don't get bitten thing' really makes the whole zombie thing unique, as well as how there are roaming bands of zombies not part of a 'civ'. I think you should (if you haven't already) do something similar into your mod.

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: June 26, 2011, 08:40:45 am »

I was looking at the zombie mod, and I saw some pretty good ideas in there. For example, the 'don't get bitten thing' really makes the whole zombie thing unique, as well as how there are roaming bands of zombies not part of a 'civ'. I think you should (if you haven't already) do something similar into your mod.

I thought it was mandatory in all zombie scenario's to not get bitten? xD But yeah. Some sort of random infected that shambles around would prove to some extra FUN in the beginning of your fortress/compound :3 

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: June 26, 2011, 09:20:40 am »

Youtube is not really available here in China, so I cannot view the LP. I don't suppose there is anywhere else where I can view people's compounds? (for inspiration)

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: June 26, 2011, 11:00:58 am »

I thought it was mandatory in all zombie scenario's to not get bitten? xD But yeah. Some sort of random infected that shambles around would prove to some extra FUN in the beginning of your fortress/compound :3

here, if you get bitten, you'll lose your head. really. it ahs happened while i was Zrushing a mob of zeds. 20 people (3 squads) vs 15 zeds. at the end, i won, but there were at LEAST 5 heads around, not to mention whole limbs, etc.

and i have lost 5 forts to badgers, so roaming infected don't seem THAT important to me.

also: yay! 1 of my suggestions has made it to the next version (brick & rope)

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: June 26, 2011, 11:42:04 am »

Scavengers, and Evasive Infected show up in savage environments. Scavengers are thieves and Evasive are like gremlins. In adventure mode zombies are show up as bandits. So they are there, just in a specific part of the map.

In the next version zombies will be able to turn you into a zombie. I'd prefer to hold off on syndromes until then.

Quote from: IT 000
Scrawns/Lumbering: Fever within the first few days. Guaranteed so you know they were bitten. Fever persists for a number of weeks followed by a host of nasty syndromes. Zombism will have a 25-50% chance of happening and won't happen until a season has passed, giving you enough time to deal (or at least restrain the subject)

Evasive Skulking Infected: Probably same as above.

Daunting/Spitters: For 1-3 weeks there will be no symptoms. Then suddenly, massive nausea, coughing blood, dizziness, fever, the works. They will become a zombie a few ingame days later (about 1-2 minutes)

Minor infected such as Scavengers will give you vomiting and coughing blood. But these effects are resistible and won't take effect until a few months after contact.

Also, note that full zombism will be resistible. Urist McMason got bit by a zombie, shows all the symptoms, but may not turn into a zombie.

I recommend that you upgrade to shotguns. I used to just use crossbows, but when your fighting an enemy that feels no pain, crossbows can't really disable or kill many. Shotguns, on the other hand, blow chunks off them. 8)

And their actually stronger in the next version :D

-----

And in fort news, the Fire of Courage, a Privation outpost is under siege by 5 groups of Infected, one part being led by a general. I'm trying to get a hall of bronze Scythes set up. They might not feel pain, but they move slower without feet :)

Addtionally I haven't actually traded with anybody. Every liaison or caravan that has come had died or had a siege at that exact moment. I have 14 survivors, one death, and we haven't had a drop of alcohol in the fortress for over a season. We lack the wood to make barrels, but no one seems to mind yet  :D.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: June 26, 2011, 11:52:24 am »

IT here's a good tip to overcome barrels, dig down, mine out copper, deactivate the copper as an economical stone, and make rock pots out of it.  Copper barrels anyone?
Nom nom nom

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: June 26, 2011, 03:40:07 pm »

Shotguns are mmmkay, I guess. You can create glass gunparts, is it possible to assemble a glass rifle?

Before:
After:

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: June 26, 2011, 04:13:51 pm »

Glass guns? Sounds... FUN xD
Surprisingly, in my last compound, I was attacked by Giant Badges fairly early. And they didn't seem like much of a threat. I think one of them got eaten by the Named alligator that was still kicking around after eating my last embark group. But this time I had embarked with at least 5 trained chop axers, which cut the little ol' croc down. But I had to abandon it, goddamn ghosts came and ripped everyone's legs off. Is there a way to edit ghosts out of the RAWS or something? D:
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 111