Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 226923 times)

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.7] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #840 on: June 26, 2011, 07:52:47 pm »

Latest Chapter in the Corrosion Community Adventure is up! Finally getting the action going with a good ol' fort attack.  :)

Great Fort Shintaro! Here's hoping you put a floor over the caverns. Keep us updated.

Shotguns are mmmkay, I guess. You can create glass gunparts, is it possible to assemble a glass rifle?

Wait, really? Where? You shouldn't be able to.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: June 26, 2011, 08:57:36 pm »

My first Corrosion fort is going ok, approaching the first autumn now.

Couple of questions:
I built a military rifle though i thought that needed a knife and i didnt make one, did it use another weapon?  my axe seemed to vanish about here.
I then built a makeshift weapon and my rifle has vanished.  Has Human McMoron just tied a firearm to a stick to use as a club?
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: June 26, 2011, 09:48:03 pm »

I built a military rifle though i thought that needed a knife and i didnt make one, did it use another weapon?  my axe seemed to vanish about here.

Military rifles do not require knives. Makeshift spears do.

What makeshift weapon are you making? I thought I fixed the bug back in 1.0.6.

Check your military guys, somebody might have picked them up.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

CT

• Bay Watcher
  • Gah zombies!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: June 26, 2011, 11:29:06 pm »

Are the Zombie attacks totally random or is there a general time frame for you to prepare and get ready for the onslaught?
No, yep. That's what I meant too. I want to come out of the theater completely fucked up for weeks.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: June 26, 2011, 11:30:52 pm »

I guess you could say those guns are literal glass cannons. *doo doo tshhh*
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: June 27, 2011, 01:32:57 am »

Are the armor that can be produced still vanilla? (breastplate, mail shirt, etc) Cuz it might be a tad 'unrealistic' for ragtag humans to produce such medieval armor. If so, perhaps a renaming might be in order?

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: June 27, 2011, 02:27:13 am »

ya can't make that, laddie.

ERASED
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 11:02:42 am by kerlc »

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: June 27, 2011, 02:32:20 am »

Military rifles do not require knives. Makeshift spears do.

What makeshift weapon are you making? I thought I fixed the bug back in 1.0.6.

Check your military guys, somebody might have picked them up.

Its fairly easy to track since I still have 7 dwarves and only 1 military (he has a chop axe).  It was a makeshift spear i made (at the weapon workshop using poles).  It really does appear that theyve used the military rifle, cant find it in the stockpile or stocks screen (just some baseball bats and this -bronze makeshift spear-, the rifle was bronze and was the only item i'd made at this point)

BUGS
Tested, firearms are usable for makeshift spear (1.0.7, tested military rifle and shotgun)
Burner reaction still named 'from blocks' (replaced with planks)

Also,  @Pan the armour is renamed.....some, most is just gone.
@CT, zombie attacks are triggered like any hostile civ through population and created wealth triggers.  The exception is scavengers which are a 'wild animal' in savage zones. (and some gremlin-like too)

While im asking and answering.  Theres no importance to the material gunparts are made from?  Noticed they are just using any bars right now (buggers just used up all my platinum)  Think I might have to arrange my bar stockpiles to control this behaviour (or mod it to only use warfare metals or something, maybe these are just too rare)

Wow, got my rear-end handed to me by swarms of infected.  A seige of daunting infected right as the first caravan arrived, breezed through the bear traps and ignored the pistoliers on the walls, gutted everything in sight really swiftly once inside the walls.  I got 2 resting soldiers tucked away in the hospital and 3 melancholy civvies hanging round the trade depot.  Your strength has crumbled

« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 05:12:56 am by celem »
Marksdwarf Pillboxes

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: June 27, 2011, 05:56:09 am »

IT 000, in the glass furnace you can "make green glass gunparts". I can check if you can create green glass guns after all.

oh, and a stack of exceptional iron shotgun shells can be sold for 7500$.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 06:31:59 am by Shintaro Fago »

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: June 27, 2011, 08:39:23 am »

Hmm, I've embarked in an area with no iron. What to do?  :-\

Also, one quite annoying thing I've noticed is that the names of the humans are so long that they sometimes cover up the job they are working on.

Will a colony of star spiders keep building webs around their nests? Cuz that would be so awesome! (silk - finally an easily renewable resource!)

Also, I flooded a wooden floor to build a farm on it, but no seeds are available for the location...  :'(  I actually have not out-door farmed for a long time (in vanilla and other dwarf fortress mods), so I'm unfamiliar with this. Do outdoor farming only work if I muddy normal ground?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 09:07:02 am by Pan »

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: June 27, 2011, 09:29:40 am »

You dont need any mud for outside soil.. I think you need to muddy outdoor stone/contructed tiles.  Not all the above-ground plants grow in every season though.

Mine was an ironless embark too.  Its not a huge problem since you can smelt coppertin ore directly to bronze.  Im just hoping i'll be able to get enough iron off merchants to kickstart a steel industry if I get another like this.  My first fort died a horrible zombie-plagued death-

(Kudos to the author here, this is only the second fort i've ever lost in DF, the first being to my first circus breach.  And I wiped this one within 8 months of embark, nice mod)
Marksdwarf Pillboxes

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: June 27, 2011, 10:00:23 am »

Same here. Just lost it 5 minutes ago. The infected flowed into a gap from the wall (walling off a pasture area) and slaughtered everyone.

By the way, star spiders are a renewable resource, right? What with their hives, they will reproduce? Cuz I'm afraid my cats will kill them like the kill cave spiders.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: June 27, 2011, 10:18:42 am »

Yeah your cats will kill them.  But as vermin they dont have a population limit/cluster as far as i remember.  They should continue to spawn.

Edit: my bad.  [POPULATION_NUMBER:250:500]
   [CLUSTER_NUMBER:100:150]
In time you should theoretically exhaust the star spiders on an embark

And its really starting to seem like we gotta gun down these infected outside the walls.  It takes at least equal numbers or better to stand a chance vs IT's creations
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 10:23:31 am by celem »
Marksdwarf Pillboxes

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: June 27, 2011, 11:07:33 am »

Hmm, looks like I may like to do some changes to that. How can I increase the amount/increase the survivability of the star spiders? I would hate to resort to selling merchants prepared meals, but without rock mugs, I would like to have a reliable export.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: June 27, 2011, 11:12:28 am »

well, i thought it was an ironless embark, and was right. but now i discowered coppertin. bronze, anyone?
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 111