Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 226886 times)

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.7] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #855 on: June 27, 2011, 12:29:20 pm »

Hehehe, my new fort is on a dead-flat volcano.  This should be good fun, I just built a forge-deck over the caldera :)
Fuel is even more critical here than vanilla it seems, hoping this will save me a lot of wood.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: June 27, 2011, 01:52:59 pm »

Hmm, looks like I may like to do some changes to that. How can I increase the amount/increase the survivability of the star spiders? I would hate to resort to selling merchants prepared meals, but without rock mugs, I would like to have a reliable export.

Ivory crafts carved from the many, many teeth that get knocked off during combat. :D Other then that there's ~10000 per hive so you have plenty to lose. Just gather more hives if they ever run out.

IT 000, in the glass furnace you can "make green glass gunparts". I can check if you can create green glass guns after all.

Fascinating, I can't do this in my game. On the off chance are you referring to Bullet Traps? Those are a trap component, so those show up. Otherwise I might need a screenshot.

oh, and a stack of exceptional iron shotgun shells can be sold for 7500$.

Yeah and Masterwork Crucible Shotgun Shells can reach 10000+ I'll even out the price of Iron and Steel, that should solve most of the problems.

Tested, firearms are usable for makeshift spear (1.0.7, tested military rifle and shotgun)
Burner reaction still named 'from blocks' (replaced with planks)

Fixed. Nice catch. I was confident I fixed it last time. Blocks have been changed to planks.

Are the Zombie attacks totally random or is there a general time frame for you to prepare and get ready for the onslaught?

As soon as you can, expect first year sieges. Mutated should come later, but I believe there's a bug as most of the time I encounter Mutated Infected way to soon.

While im asking and answering.  Theres no importance to the material gunparts are made from?  Noticed they are just using any bars right now (buggers just used up all my platinum)  Think I might have to arrange my bar stockpiles to control this behaviour (or mod it to only use warfare metals or something, maybe these are just too rare)

None that I am aware of. Don't worry though, Platinum is only good for furniture and I'm leaning towards removing it if I can't find a worthwhile use for it. Right now there is a [REACTION_CLASS:DURABLE] tag on most (if not all) the metals, removing it will prevent you from using that metal to create guns and whatnot, but furniture will still be available.

Are the armor that can be produced still vanilla? (breastplate, mail shirt, etc) Cuz it might be a tad 'unrealistic' for ragtag humans to produce such medieval armor. If so, perhaps a renaming might be in order?

All armor has been replaced with a vastly inferior counterpart.

While Metal provides the best protection, it only protects from 50% of shots, likewise leather provides the worst, but protects from all shots. Wooden Armorplates are in the middle, with decent protection they protect from 75% of shots.

Gloves are bugged at the moment and do not exist. Oh the Fun!

Hmm, I've embarked in an area with no iron. What to do?  :-\

Also, one quite annoying thing I've noticed is that the names of the humans are so long that they sometimes cover up the job they are working on.

Will a colony of star spiders keep building webs around their nests? Cuz that would be so awesome! (silk - finally an easily renewable resource!)

Iron isn't that important. The biggest use is Steel, but it's a hassle to make. There's plenty of other alloys and metals that can be used to make bullets and guns. Check out the read me, it goes into more detail.

Long names happen sometimes, same with vanilla. An easy solution would be to give them a really short nickname and custom profession. A harder solution would be to go into the language raws and alter all the long words.

Yes, Star Spiders will continue spawning webs even when inside a nest. Hehe make sure to put it out of the way so that your humans aren't tripping over it and cancelling jobs  :)

(Kudos to the author here, this is only the second fort i've ever lost in DF, the first being to my first circus breach.  And I wiped this one within 8 months of embark, nice mod)

Thank you kind sir  :D I always appreciate support from the

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

CT

• Bay Watcher
  • Gah zombies!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: June 27, 2011, 02:36:38 pm »

So what exactly am I supposed to use for setting up smelters, forges and the like? everytime I try to use the rocks underground the miners get dizzy and die. Or when I do get a rock it cant be used for making a building for some reason. Am I missing something here?
No, yep. That's what I meant too. I want to come out of the theater completely fucked up for weeks.

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: June 27, 2011, 02:41:13 pm »

Fascinating, I can't do this in my game. On the off chance are you referring to Bullet Traps? Those are a trap component, so those show up. Otherwise I might need a screenshot.

FIRST INVASION SURVIVED! NO ONE DIED! (expect one useless migrant and 7 tasty goats. oh, and the doctor and one soldier were bitten by the evasive infected - are they going to die?)

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: June 27, 2011, 03:25:22 pm »

CT, your firesafe building material is metal bars.  Hard rock is the only other option and you cant mine it (it needs importing)  You can use stuff like feldspar (one of the few minable non-toxic non-ores..maybe only apart from coal), you'd need to unflag it as economic in stones under 'z' screen
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 03:42:50 pm by celem »
Marksdwarf Pillboxes

CT

• Bay Watcher
  • Gah zombies!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: June 27, 2011, 04:22:48 pm »

But how does one get said metal bars without a furnace for fuel (excluding magma)?
No, yep. That's what I meant too. I want to come out of the theater completely fucked up for weeks.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: June 27, 2011, 04:27:45 pm »

This is why I always bring one orthoclase on embark to build a kiln so I can gather clay.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: June 27, 2011, 04:34:41 pm »

Yeah i hadnt thought of that.  I've been bringing a dozen hardrock for early building and mechanisms.  I guess you could wing it through the stones menu and build the first stuff from ore.

Clay is awesome, made my walls from bricks this time, much easier on your wood levels.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: June 27, 2011, 05:15:28 pm »

Personally, I just skip the bricks and build directly out of clay. Bricks are a bit fuel intensive.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: June 27, 2011, 06:38:38 pm »

IT, didn't you mention somewhere that you could make mechanisms out of wood?

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: June 27, 2011, 07:33:57 pm »

IT, didn't you mention somewhere that you could make mechanisms out of wood?

Blacksmith's Forge, one log, two screws, and a screwdriver (preserved)

*img*

:o Well I can't seem to make those. Strange, anyway whatever I did it's fixed.

-----

I always try to bring a few things of clay on embark. It's firesafe and there's an infinite amount if you have a layer of it. Hard rock does sound like the way to go, you can craft it into stuff late in fort.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: June 28, 2011, 12:28:21 am »

well, i made most of the fortress from the clay i bought on embark.

i actually posted some pics on this topic, check the pages 20-40.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: June 28, 2011, 03:52:53 am »

Hmmm, experimenting with some new tactics (10x10 embark since im not digging)  Finally combined volcano, coal ,iron and salvagable garbage into a single embark.

Incidentaly...wheres the metal armourplate reaction?  Cant find it in any workshops, cant even find it in the reaction raws.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: June 28, 2011, 04:51:06 am »

Incidentaly...wheres the metal armourplate reaction?  Cant find it in any workshops, cant even find it in the reaction raws.

I can't seem to find it either. Is it hidden in some obscure workshop?  ???
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: June 28, 2011, 05:03:26 am »

Had a good search through and it doesnt actually appear to be in the mod right now, maybe its being rebalanced or something.  I cant find its raws anywhere anyway, the armourplate exists but no reaction for it can I find.
I also tried removing shaped tag from the (wooden) armourplates as I feel I should be able to get one on over leather armour.  Doesnt seem to have worked, maybe its a material size limit or something.

Just made it past my first Daunting/Spitting Infected seige and am into the second year !

Unfortunately an architectural oversight led to my militia commander spotting the waves over the defensive wall as they crossed a nearby hill, he of course legged it out to try and solo the seige with a scythe.  Hit in the head by a spat rock about 3 tiles from combat.  BOOM-Headshot! :(

Otherwise my new tactics worked well, the shambling hordes got slowed by the bear traps at the gate and then got shot to bits by my crossbows.  The one surviving melee dwarf then went crazy with his bronze chop axe and finished off about 10 crippled foes.

I must have also left the Depot too late, no caravan this year and im all out of booze, plants and barrels :(  Just so much to think about in the first year here...
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 111