Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 226902 times)

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.7] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #870 on: June 28, 2011, 07:01:24 am »

don't worry about depots. trust me. i only traded ONCE, and then the merchants went mad, cuz i didn't let them go. (siege)

then again, i also tried to let them go into the zeds. the bastards didn't even get off the bridge. and my fort perished.

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: June 28, 2011, 07:11:35 am »

I guess I'm lucky because I've just traded twice and was able to buy almost everything off traders.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: June 28, 2011, 07:37:51 am »

Incidentaly...wheres the metal armourplate reaction?  Cant find it in any workshops, cant even find it in the reaction raws.

I can't seem to find it either. Is it hidden in some obscure workshop?  ???

The Metal Plates are available at the metalsmith's forge under Armor. The Armorplate is in the Weapons Workshop (Maybe I might have moved it there in my version)

Yeah the Wooden Armorplates are in a bizarre location. I'll see if I can stick that in the readme.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: June 28, 2011, 08:21:32 am »

Hmmm, does metal plate have a wooden plate as an ingrediant or something?  I have wooden plates at the weapons workshop, however the regular forge -> armour lists only helm, boot, bracer

Picture
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: June 28, 2011, 08:27:11 am »

Hmmm, does metal plate have a wooden plate as an ingrediant or something?  I have wooden plates at the weapons workshop, however the regular forge -> armour lists only helm, boot, bracer

Sometimes civs are randomly missing armors. Sort of like some worlds don't have plump helmets.

Wooden armorplates should be fine though, I find that they protect well against unarmed Infected at least.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: June 28, 2011, 09:10:18 am »

One thing that's very inconvenient here is how the 'Cut wood to planks' job uses the Wood Cutting skill. It requires a lot of micromanaging with burrows. But otherwise, everything is cool.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: June 28, 2011, 10:32:14 am »

One thing that's very inconvenient here is how the 'Cut wood to planks' job uses the Wood Cutting skill. It requires a lot of micromanaging with burrows. But otherwise, everything is cool.

Yeah, its a nice twist on vanilla though I feel.  The overwhelming vanilla focus on mining and masonry becomes wood cutting and carpentry.  I was also bugged by the sawmill taking wood cutting and changed it to carpentry.  The result is that you have even more carpentry jobs queued at a time and it doesnt help so much as you got so much carpentry stuff to get done in year 1.  Wood cutting is not only more logical but I ultimately preferred it and switched back, gives them something to do when not cutting trees besides hogging all the chop axes..
Marksdwarf Pillboxes

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: June 28, 2011, 11:04:29 am »

I generally give all non-farmers/craftsman the carpentry job. That way both items and buldings are finished fast.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: June 28, 2011, 11:36:20 am »

so much carpentry stuff to get done in year 1
Corrosion teached me that dormitories and sharing the bedrooms are good and I no longer feel the need of building a room for every survivor.

also, the underground:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: June 28, 2011, 12:37:38 pm »

corrosion: just don't ask where that silk came from.

also, i will be away till saturday. (CAMPING! WOOOOOOOO!!!) can i expect an update?

or will it happen between 19th of July and 8th of august? i am ON THE WORLD SCOUT JAMBOREE!! WOOO!!! so i'll be away. maybe i'll check the forums via mobile phone.

also: it's totally doable in year one, with only 1 miner, 2 carpenters/woodcutters. just dig in the soil, then set up a farming/entry place, wall it off and voila! (you can also make doors, but in that case set up some war dogs far away, so that the zedheads will go to them, while you burrow your people and lock the door.)

you can also bring 3 hard stones, and make mechanisms out of them, for the lever to a bridge.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: June 28, 2011, 12:43:52 pm »

What's the value of the silk from the spiders in caverns? I've never actually been able to hit caverns.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: June 28, 2011, 02:46:10 pm »

so much carpentry stuff to get done in year 1
Corrosion teached me that dormitories and sharing the bedrooms are good and I no longer feel the need of building a room for every survivor.

Im feeling this, I love the atmosphere in my fort.
Vanilla sees me carve an awesome home since I know I have time till anything shows.  I also know that when it does show i'll laugh.

Corrosion sees me on the edge of my seat.  Cigarettes burn down unnoticed as try and carve some semblence of a hideyhole from the dirt before I get eaten yet again.  And this means meeting halls in dirt with wooden furniture and a dormitory exactly large enough to contain the block of beds within.

Tantrums are unavoidable and irrelevant.  They're all gonna die any moment anyway.
Marksdwarf Pillboxes

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: June 28, 2011, 05:03:44 pm »

SirAaronIII I can't turn the game on right now but I think it was 600 per web.

CT

• Bay Watcher
  • Gah zombies!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: June 28, 2011, 10:09:31 pm »

Um do planks get put in the wood stockpile because they wont place them there for me? And if not where do they go?
No, yep. That's what I meant too. I want to come out of the theater completely fucked up for weeks.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: June 29, 2011, 12:56:55 am »

Um do planks get put in the wood stockpile because they wont place them there for me? And if not where do they go?

Bar/block stockpile, they're wooden blocks, just renamed to a more accurate plank.

What's the value of the silk from the spiders in caverns?

Heehee spiders...

SirAaronIII I can't turn the game on right now but I think it was 600 per web.

Yeah that sounds 'right'. I'm thinking about toning it down myself, but then again, Gloomapecks cannot be tamed or trapped so it is impossible to create an unlimited source of their silk. Unless of course you start the sacrifices. I also have reason to believe that it might be making your total fortress wealth go bonkers. So maybe giving it a reaction that turns it into a metal or something, while toning down the price for it's raw material. Thoughts?

Really?  ??? Well, what should it be then? Carpentry?

also, i will be away till saturday. (CAMPING! WOOOOOOOO!!!) can i expect an update?

We'll call it a maybe. There's a lot of things in the air at the moment, if Toady updates I'll have to update asap to keep up.

Assuming that Toady doesn't update though, I just need time to add Reinheit (everything), sprinkle a few non-player professions in, and test out a few ideas. So you should have plenty of time before you go.

-----

I'm really happy to see all the positive comments :D Thanks for hanging in, I know this update's been taking a while.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 111