Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 226452 times)

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.8] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #930 on: July 03, 2011, 09:13:49 am »

thank you about your comment regarding the fort.

in other news: WHERE. THE. HELL. IS. THE BULLETWORKSHOP?

oh, yeah i was using the clothing mod... maybe it's that. srry :-[

edit: wanted to see myself  some ASCII, so i deleted the graphics file, and changed the init file to show me curses_640x300, here's waht i've got:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 09:39:08 am by kerlc »

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: July 03, 2011, 10:50:56 am »

So, another metal less embark for unlucky old me, despite being promised so in the embark screen. What am I going to do? Is it possible to survive on melted weapons and wooden/bone ammo?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 10:57:23 am by Pan »

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: July 03, 2011, 11:22:31 am »

I am also facing this problem. I have been promised both shallow and deep metals, but so far...nothing.  ::)
I think it if possible to get by with just crossbows and stuff, as they will drive off the lesser infected, but the main problem for me is that I can't build mechanisms, so my drawbridge will have to be scrapped  :'(

Even the wooden mechanisms need to have metal screws, so I am screwed (Pun intended) there too...

Combine all this with a lack of fire-safe materials and I am in for a fun time  :D
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: July 03, 2011, 11:47:01 am »

Just posting here to say that a new Community Fortress using 1.0.8 has launched. Check it out here.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: July 03, 2011, 12:29:57 pm »

I am also facing this problem. I have been promised both shallow and deep metals, but so far...nothing.  ::)
I think it if possible to get by with just crossbows and stuff, as they will drive off the lesser infected, but the main problem for me is that I can't build mechanisms, so my drawbridge will have to be scrapped  :'(

Even the wooden mechanisms need to have metal screws, so I am screwed (Pun intended) there too...

Combine all this with a lack of fire-safe materials and I am in for a fun time  :D

just use doors, here:
=======
D+++++D
D+++++D
=======

=...walls
+...floor
D...doors

lock the first ones, and the second ones, just in case of a lumberer comming close. also make sure no pets/strays are between the doors. the corridor can then be trapped.

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: July 03, 2011, 01:42:07 pm »

Big images ahead!
Mini-mod will be probably completed in the next one-two days.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: July 03, 2011, 05:50:38 pm »

Wow, those workshops look really nice.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: July 03, 2011, 07:28:09 pm »

What am I looking at there???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: July 03, 2011, 09:52:31 pm »

Great I'd be happy to give it a look. I might create a post of mods that people make for Corrosion, if there's enough mods out there.

I'm taking Pan's suggestion and I'm cleaving a few words. This should make it more bearable.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: July 03, 2011, 11:46:26 pm »

Big images ahead!

you, sir are my hero.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: July 04, 2011, 01:21:40 am »

I'm taking Pan's suggestion and I'm cleaving a few words. This should make it more bearable.

What, the long names?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 06:17:18 am by Pan »

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: July 04, 2011, 04:22:02 am »

I was looking through the raws in order to check the job requirements for all the new reactions and there are two things that I noticed:

1) The reaction for a sharp stick ([SHARPEN_stick]) doesn't preserve the large knife used for sharpening it. So, right now, the stick has the identical reaction like the Makeshif Spear. Shouldn't the large knife be preserved in the reaction? I can understand using it to sharpen the stick, but loosing the knife after that seems odd.

2) The reaction [MAKE_WOODEN_MECH] (for the wooden Mechanisms) doesn't have a [SKILL] tag. Doesn't this mean that anyone can make those, instead of just a mechanic? Or does the game set the skill to a mechanic automatically?
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: July 04, 2011, 04:59:22 am »

What, the long names?

Yes, you were right the first time, I just didn't have time to hack n slash them. Now that 1.0.8 is out I should be able to chop a few up.

1) The reaction for a sharp stick ([SHARPEN_stick]) doesn't preserve the large knife used for sharpening it. So, right now, the stick has the identical reaction like the Makeshif Spear. Shouldn't the large knife be preserved in the reaction? I can understand using it to sharpen the stick, but loosing the knife after that seems odd.

Well, for some reason a knife snuck into that reaction. It should just require the pole.

2) The reaction [MAKE_WOODEN_MECH] (for the wooden Mechanisms) doesn't have a [SKILL] tag. Doesn't this mean that anyone can make those, instead of just a mechanic? Or does the game set the skill to a mechanic automatically?

Fixed, you can still make them, but any dwarf will come and do it. Nice catch.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 09:55:13 am by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Shintaro Fago

• Bay Watcher
  • discuss safe nourishing non-plant non-animal diets
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: July 04, 2011, 09:57:57 am »

kerlc, your desert mod is ready :)

HOLLOW EARTH v0.92- CORROSION MINI-MOD

It wasn't the Immortality drug that caused the apocalypse. They want us to think like this. The Society, organization more powerful than masons and older than templars was experimenting with the forbidden knowledge and ancient artifacts. The result of these experiments are now walking on the earth seeking our brains. I have the knowledge to save humanity - we just need those artifacts left by Society. The first one, horrible Book of the Dead is hidden somewhere in the ruins among the desert. And believe me when I say that getting to the heart of the desert will be an easy part of this plan... any questions?

There are two ways you can play this mini-mod. Archeology can plan a minor role in your outpost while survivors fight with zombies or you can make archeology your main source of wealth, building material, food and weaponry, discovering new buildings and getting more and more powerful ancient technology.

Download - http://gmclan.org/uploader/4365/Hollow_Earts_0_92.rar

oh, it will probably look strange with tileset so try raw ASCII for fullest experience!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 09:46:04 am by Shintaro Fago »

Lolzwheejars

• Bay Watcher
  • [PET_EXOTIC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: July 04, 2011, 10:21:30 am »

Wait a minute... You can use gold to make a rifle, which is a really weak kind of metal for that kind of purpose, but you can't use silver? Wat? xD
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 111