Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 226888 times)

Jimlad11

• Bay Watcher
  • Insert insightful text here
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.0.8] A Total Conversion Mod for 31.25
« Reply #990 on: July 12, 2011, 02:32:30 pm »

Umm, can anyone help me with my problem? DF with this mod installed is broken, its only a small rectangular window with the full screen option grayed out. I have to go to Task Manager to close the DF. There's not a sound, no intro song no nothing. I installed it correctly, used correct version, details on last page.

Does regular DF run OK for you?
Of the same version, yes, it runs without a hitch.

Hmm. Are you sure that you installed the raws correctly? It might be a window-size problem. When I had window problems I just made sure that the "Resizeable" option was ticked in the init file (or maybe it was the d_init file)  All in all, I don't know whats causing it. Maybe some wiser members of the forum can help you. I'm pretty computer illiterate.  :)
☼Cat Tallow Biscuits☼...Mmmm...

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: July 12, 2011, 03:50:31 pm »

There are 2 possible explanations.
Either you installed it wrong or everything is turned
Off in the init files.

I AM really used to turn everything on. That way i don't even care about the
Standard settings.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: July 13, 2011, 05:18:32 am »

If all else fails, try to download the mod again. My spotty connection forced me to too once. It might help. :)
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: July 13, 2011, 07:39:33 am »

Savolainen5 Welcome back!

Having an !!ALCOHOL!! problem? I don't believe it has anything to do with Corrosion, try 'k' ing the smoke and see if it's one specific drinks or all your drinks. Of course it might have something to do with the temperature, you may have to gen a new world.

Also, check to see if your bringing any Surface Rock, Volcano Rock, Decomposed Trash, or Meta Stone (boulder or items) on embark. They may be boiling and thus boiling the alcohol.

Ah, it was indeed that I'd brought Surface Rock.  I've been away for so long that I forgot that my stone of choice was Hard Rock!  Thanks!

PS- Gonna start preparing soon for a reincarnated Dawnboat (and by reincarnated, I mean actually started) succession fortress.  Haven't had the time to look at the other forts that're going on, but another succession fort couldn't hurt, eh?
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: July 14, 2011, 01:02:57 am »

Latest chapter of Urist Pureheart is out :D

Great to hear Dawnboats setting sail :) I'm going to try to get a different kind of succession game set up. We'll see how it rolls.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: July 14, 2011, 04:38:41 am »

Great to hear Dawnboats setting sail :) I'm going to try to get a different kind of succession game set up. We'll see how it rolls.

Oh, yeah, not for another month at least.  I'm still traveling and won't be back home where I have a good computer until August!  Then I'll get something started!
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: July 14, 2011, 06:14:19 pm »

how do you get the military to train the rifle/pistol/shotgun skill i have a guy set up to train with a military rifle and a pistol and he is set to train at a archery range but he wont..

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: July 15, 2011, 12:52:22 am »

how do you get the military to train the rifle/pistol/shotgun skill i have a guy set up to train with a military rifle and a pistol and he is set to train at a archery range but he wont..

he needs a quiver, and bullets set in the military screen. you should read the wiki about "training your crossbowmen". it is the same principle.

or just make some bullets/shells, assign them to them (make sure they got quivers!) and send them on the wall when the zombies come. they should thake the bullets/shells and go shooting. it will be a slow start, but it pays off. i got my adept shotguneer that way.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: July 15, 2011, 10:35:06 pm »

Lately I've been focusing on weapons balancing, machetes are no longer be able to bisect creatures, but are able to slash arms off easily.

I've also been tinkering around with the Gloomapeck silk being made into something useable idea. Right now, I'm thinking of a very valuable metal with an edge attack (rivaling or surpassing Crucible Steel) but also a high density (rivaling Platinum). 5 webs to make one wafer. (15 webs in total to make one item)

In the future I may make this metal extremely light, and weak edged probably worse then silver edge wise and worse then adamantine weight wise. But I'll make it extremely poisonous to all living things. Material syndromes need to come out. But it seems like a very good idea.

This metal will be called "Nevermore" (name's up in the air)

I'm not a huge fan of another cliche secret metal, so if you guys have any better ideas feel free to say them. I'd be happy to give it a few thoughts.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: July 16, 2011, 09:25:02 am »

haha I've been messing around in .6 for quiet awhile because I had a good fort going, but that died horribly so I updated.  Just noticed the clothing mod is directed towards me, thanks alot IT!
Nom nom nom

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: July 16, 2011, 11:03:42 am »

No problem Kilakan, I feel it needs a little more fleshing out with different clothes for different civs, but it's a nice placeholder right now.

Made a few cavern creatures today, they're weaker then the gloomapeck but it would still be unwise to send a squad of novices against them. But once Nevermore is in it will be well worth it  :D

I just embarked on a terrifying savanna to test it out. Even with a trained maceman with a crowbar and three dogs a skeletal leopard managed to kill one dog and badly maim another before being taken down. Then the heard of skeletal giraffes charged in, killed a fair chunk of my livestock, and 3/7 of my embark squad, including my maceman. I abandoned once the Skeletal Rhinos showed up. I barely started digging out my hovel. I'll try embarking on an area with elevation next time, I believed that's why I died so fast.

POST #1000 :D Cheers everyone!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 11:29:48 am by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: July 16, 2011, 11:49:19 am »

congrats, IT! now work my slave, so that we wil once dominate the entire gaming industry! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: July 16, 2011, 07:45:54 pm »

its been like 10 years in my current game and not a single zombie attack........ am i just lucky??

The Master

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: July 16, 2011, 07:51:21 pm »

its been like 10 years in my current game and not a single zombie attack........ am i just lucky??
you must be infected. (pulls out revolver and blows you to Valhalla)
Holy jesus I thought I was ready but nothing could have prepared me for this
Hush, little Asea, don't you cry.
If he notices we'll surely die!
You. Made. Asea. CRY.

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: July 16, 2011, 08:09:10 pm »

*gets shot and falls over bleeding all over the place*
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 111