Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 230691 times)

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.1.4] _NOW IN 34.05_
« Reply #1500 on: March 19, 2012, 08:04:18 am »

Hey, IT, is it possible to make a flying Megabeast? That way, it can go over the walls and screw the fort over, and it would force people to keep at least one well equiped melee squad at all times or something. Maybe a mutated eagle or something? If that virus/radiation could make the giant scorpion, I think a giant flying monster isn't that much of a stretch.

A good idea, I'll have to do some brainstorming though to think of what will fit.

So I just lost a fort to Daunting and Spitting Undead. Daunting were really strong and that's understandable, but the spitting ones shot really really fast. Like, I saw 3 projectiles from the same one at the same time. Is this intentional?

It's been slowed down considerably in the new version.

is that in Dwarf Therapist? because there, all castes show as female.

If it's in DF, then it's a statistical error, even though a unlikely one.

or, RP-wise, it's a PRIDE fortress *winkwink*

I guess it was in DwarfTherapist, though I went through and checked them with 'k' and they all seemed to be female there as well.  About one out of ten humies shows as a male in DT, not sure what that's about.

Anyway, total newb question for the board, but how the hell do I make cigars?  I have tobacco, I have tobacco leaves, I have tobacco leaves bags, I have a kiln and charcoal... what else do I need to make fricking cigars?  I thought my first problem was the bug with barrels, but now I'm not too sure.  If someone could please please give a step by step of making cigars I'd appreciate it.  I tried to learn from Abregado's video but he's rocking along too quick through that part to tell.

Other than that, and my miners always dying trying to dig wells, I'm enjoying this mod (just picked it up with the new DF version).  Having some difficulty breaking the habits of regular DF, ie massive earth moving plans, huge courtyards, multilevel housing, etc.

Oh, btw, cigars and collect clay both share the same hotkey in the kiln menu, 'c'.  I'm sure someone else has pointed that out, but just in case.

Thanks for reporting! I'll fix that immediately.

There's an odd bug where the tobacco leaf bags cannot be in a barrel. Separate them using custom stockpiles and set the tobacco leaf stockpile to have no barrels allowed in it.

Keep getting these stupid mysterious deaths.

If they're being 'drained of blood' then you either have a vampire, or one of your humans got bit by a zombie. Find out who it is and convict them of the crime using the justice screen.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

Michael_Almeida

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:general idiocy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: March 19, 2012, 10:30:15 am »

If they're being 'drained of blood' then you either have a vampire, or one of your humans got bit by a zombie. Find out who it is and convict them of the crime using the justice screen.

Then lock them up. PERMANENTLY.
COMPETENT MODDER
ADEQUATE DRAWER
LEGENDARY PROCRASTINATOR
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

swordomatic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: March 19, 2012, 10:50:13 am »

Then lock them up. PERMANENTLY.

Or use them in a suicide squad. If they're going to die anyway, might as well make them useful!

Pallbearer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: March 20, 2012, 12:39:49 am »

I ended up modding in a reaction and a workshop to produce concrete. It's a bit cheaty, because it only needs rigid rock to make the concrete, but it was the best I could really do in a short amount of time.
I figured that the rigid rock could very well be limestone, as it's flux and the name was just forgotten.
I figure that it's a sacrifice between metal working industry or cool walls. :P

It also adds a use for rigid stone when there is no iron on the map. :)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: March 20, 2012, 01:49:46 am »

Why not just use the rigid rock directly, then? :P

Anyway, I'm happy because zombies came, while an Enlightened caravan was in my outdoor depot. Naturally, I locked them out and left them to die for their sweet sweet goods.
Also, I had a vampire or a hidden zombie or something. Whenever they went underground they would always expel miasma everywhere. I looked at him and saw he had every body part rotten, like zombies of 31.25. Anyway I sent him out in a squad alone, and he was really good, beating a pack of dingoes to death with his bare hands. Then the zombies came (same one as the Enlightened killers from above actually) and he was able to take out a few. Sure enough when he went down, there was no body except for some severed limbs and teeth belonging to someone with a different name. And that's how I caught my first vampire zombie thing.

Also guns are a lot of fun, but we already knew that.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Pallbearer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: March 20, 2012, 05:53:57 am »

Why not just use the rigid rock directly, then? :P

Because I modded it at a 1:2 ratio. ;)
One rigid rock becomes two pieces of concrete.

Also, it's for flavour personally. When I'm imagining what it looks like I have a hard time picturing rigid rock walls. In my imagination the concrete just looks good. I also like the industrial/military vibe that I get from it. ;P

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: March 23, 2012, 11:20:49 pm »

Just need to tie up a few loose ends, then I can release the next version.

Unfortunately, for the sake of time, I am not able to complete the Slings, more efficient pellets construction, and metal tipped bolts. So those will have to wait until next version.

IN THE NEXT VERSION

* I'm considering removing the blacksmith's forge and allowing metal furniture to be manufactured in the metalsmith's forge again. Fuel is difficult to get anyways, so it isn't much of a boost. Of course if I remove it I'll have to remove screwdrivers.

* Wooden Mechanisms will probably get moved to somewhere else, and not take screws to make. But that will probably wait until the next version.

* I'll also focus on making the UI easier, by including more picture tutorials, and such.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 11:24:26 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.1.5 MAJOR UPDATE] *NOW IN 34.06*
« Reply #1507 on: March 24, 2012, 04:26:06 pm »

UPDATED

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Along with a special something for you adventure mode fans ;D

I'll be doing a few things to increase user friendliness.

1. A series of video hints for a starting fort.
2. Workshop maps for every custom workshop.
3. A more in depth list of hints.

Special thanks to Meph, creator of The Masterwork Mod for several ideas, give his mod a look! You won't regret it!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 04:29:35 pm by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: March 24, 2012, 10:08:57 pm »

It appears that people still receive negative thoughts despite not having CLOTHING tag. I'll make a quick patch and make the kilikan clothing mod default until I can figure a work around.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: March 25, 2012, 01:39:55 am »

And the prepackaged version has been updated.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: March 25, 2012, 02:13:35 am »

Man! good work on the continuing releases. Between my LP and developnig my own Mod I'll probably never get to play the new version! That is unless something untoward happens to my current LP fort! OOPS!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: March 25, 2012, 11:28:17 am »

Updated to 1.1.6 , gave Privations clothes from project kilakan. Only privations get clothes at the moment, the less you have to pick up from dead traders and zombies and such the better.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

tilly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: March 25, 2012, 01:04:26 pm »

Can anyone direct me to whre I can find what materials are fire safe and which are not?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: March 25, 2012, 02:56:24 pm »

Updated to 1.1.6 , gave Privations clothes from project kilakan. Only privations get clothes at the moment, the less you have to pick up from dead traders and zombies and such the better.
hehehee that always makes me laugh when I see the file with my name on it :P  btw I'm looking at getting back into modding, anything in particular I could mess with that you might want to add?  Like new creatures to roam the world or something?
Nom nom nom

Pallbearer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: March 26, 2012, 01:56:54 am »

I love you right now, IT000.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 111