Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 230255 times)

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.1.7 MAJOR UPDATE] ***34.07***
« Reply #1530 on: April 05, 2012, 07:52:07 am »

And The 1.1.7 Pre-installed version is Online!

Here.

Sorry for the delay. I have been busy.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: April 05, 2012, 09:08:11 am »

Insane Zombie in Straight Jacket

(Concept Phase still undecided what it will do)
Go the Dead Island way. Make them extremely hazardous and muscular prisoners in straightjackets who turned into zombies. They should be building destroyers, fast and very strong (also large). Headbutts, kicks and bites.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: April 05, 2012, 09:32:19 am »

But yeah you've got the Necromancer idea correct. I needed a reason for why those guys exist as they are hard coded. The Company Scientist further enforces this by being able to raise the dead. However he can't control them.

IT: you can just remove them from worldgen if you don't like them... or until you put something in to replace them

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: April 05, 2012, 11:05:43 am »

IT00, how about some attention to Ravenmist? Make some executive decisions to keep your advertisements alive, damn it!  :P

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: April 05, 2012, 04:39:38 pm »

The make cigars option has the same key as the collect key one (c). And even with a stockpile full of tobacco leaves I can't make cigars.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Abregado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: April 05, 2012, 05:22:10 pm »

The make cigars option has the same key as the collect key one (c). And even with a stockpile full of tobacco leaves I can't make cigars.

the trick is to have your tobacco leave stockpile not use barrels. Once they go in a barrel, you cant get them out again!

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: April 05, 2012, 06:52:19 pm »

Anyone else is having crashes when trying to save the game with a caravan in the map? (This is the only reason I can find to explain this crashes, I've only tried with 1 fort [3 reclaims] and it is still crashing. These crashes started after I've received 3 warnings of a ville troll being engulfed in flames, but there were no ville trolls on the map when that was announced.)

Thou son of a b*tch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, f**k thy mother.

Baijiu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: April 06, 2012, 02:37:22 am »

Holy crap. I didn't bother reading about the actual mod mechanics, so I dug into the earth straight away and was baffled when my miner keeled over dead. Six starting members now, and two keep having tantrums so I might lose them to insanity. Haven't even encountered any zombies yet and I'm already having more "fun". :P

swordomatic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: April 06, 2012, 03:15:00 am »

And that's why I love this mod. Oh, and the zombies?

They are EXTRA fun. :D

peskyninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Natural de-selector
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: April 06, 2012, 06:00:18 am »

The problem seems to occur only with the warlord caravan. I'll create another fort to test this.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: April 07, 2012, 12:47:20 am »

And The 1.1.7 Pre-installed version is Online!

Here.

Sorry for the delay. I have been busy.

:D

Insane Zombie in Straight Jacket

(Concept Phase still undecided what it will do)
Go the Dead Island way. Make them extremely hazardous and muscular prisoners in straightjackets who turned into zombies. They should be building destroyers, fast and very strong (also large). Headbutts, kicks and bites.

Hehe, yeah either that or the cut screamer from L4D. Problem is, every zombie can already break buildings, and I have castes that cover both the fast and the strong parts. The L4D idea would basically make it a mini-howler without the insane speed, but I can't see that being very useful.

IT00, how about some attention to Ravenmist? Make some executive decisions to keep your advertisements alive, damn it!  :P

Internet's been wonky for the entire week, but I posted an update there. I'll keep it off of the main page until something happens though.

Acknowledged earlier, it'll be changed by the next update.

Anyone else is having crashes when trying to save the game with a caravan in the map? (This is the only reason I can find to explain this crashes, I've only tried with 1 fort [3 reclaims] and it is still crashing. These crashes started after I've received 3 warnings of a ville troll being engulfed in flames, but there were no ville trolls on the map when that was announced.)

Wow, I've never heard of that happening, post the save and I'll take a look. If you have a windows, try downloading Kerlc's Prepackaged version, as it might be duplicated raws.

Holy crap. I didn't bother reading about the actual mod mechanics, so I dug into the earth straight away and was baffled when my miner keeled over dead. Six starting members now, and two keep having tantrums so I might lose them to insanity. Haven't even encountered any zombies yet and I'm already having more "fun". :P

Hehe, yeah I'll be cutting the giant wall of ReadMe down into manageable chunks of notes. Hopefully that will make it easier for new users to get into.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: April 08, 2012, 12:03:39 am »

The new civilization is fleshed out and ready to go. Thugs (or 'Gangs') are groups founded by other Warlords. They are at odds with the friendly Warlords and will siege in the summer when their caravans are most active.

They don't sneak around, but rather camp out on the edge of your map for a short period of time in large groups.

They are heavily armored, however, they are weaker and slower than your hardy humans, and one on one you should be able to beat them in melee combat. They make a good source of metal on otherwise barren maps.

Overall they add a nice change of pace, sometimes it's just nice to see bunches of 2's flying about without worrying about someone turning into a zombie.

They also have a unique mount to give them an edge in combat. A motorcycle, while the motorcycle itself doesn't attack, it's speed can easily catch up to new recruits and bring havoc to any civilian left outside.

All I have to do is add graphics, and I should be able to release the next version.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: April 09, 2012, 12:09:13 pm »

another crazy idea for another friendly (but quickly offended) race: The Gentlemen! They only accept jewels, alcohol and cloth, and are extremely easily annoyed. Their armor is a Tuxedo. (about the same coverage and defence value of a leather robe, can be tweaked). And they wear Top Hats (leather, almost no armor). Their weapons of choice are the Dueling Pistols (use heavy bullets), Rapiers and the Engraved Rifle (also heavy bullets).

Another sugestion for the armour is "*insert metal name* hidden plate", with worse coverage than a normal metal plate, but otherwise the same in stats.

They are easily offended, but they have access to fancy foods, steel, fancy jewlery, heavy bullets and exotic armoured animals (a band of armoured lions defending the gates, anyone?). An alliance with them can be mighty profitable. It could also be added that they are the only ones that have access to kevlar (making it available only via trade) but i don't think that would be fair. Still, the suggestion is on the table.

Armoured animals are like ordinary animals, but with tougher "hide" (representing the armour they are wearing).

Their sieges would be low in number, but dreadful in power. Armoured Bear riding invaders, anyone?

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.1.8] ***34.07***
« Reply #1543 on: April 09, 2012, 01:33:23 pm »

1.1.8 is out!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I ran into a little trouble with the Infected Castes, so I opted to leave them out for time's sake.

For 1.1.9, I will be focusing on weapons, the Read-Me, and graphics for both grasses and creatures.

another crazy idea for another friendly (but quickly offended) race: The Gentlemen! They only accept jewels, alcohol and cloth, and are extremely easily annoyed. Their armor is a Tuxedo. (about the same coverage and defence value of a leather robe, can be tweaked). And they wear Top Hats (leather, almost no armor). Their weapons of choice are the Dueling Pistols (use heavy bullets), Rapiers and the Engraved Rifle (also heavy bullets).

Another sugestion for the armour is "*insert metal name* hidden plate", with worse coverage than a normal metal plate, but otherwise the same in stats.

They are easily offended, but they have access to fancy foods, steel, fancy jewlery, heavy bullets and exotic armoured animals (a band of armoured lions defending the gates, anyone?). An alliance with them can be mighty profitable. It could also be added that they are the only ones that have access to kevlar (making it available only via trade) but i don't think that would be fair. Still, the suggestion is on the table.

Armoured animals are like ordinary animals, but with tougher "hide" (representing the armour they are wearing).

Their sieges would be low in number, but dreadful in power. Armoured Bear riding invaders, anyone?

Hehe, yeah there's some of that stuff can't be done, and it doesn't really fit in the theme.  :P

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.1.8] ***34.07***
« Reply #1544 on: April 15, 2012, 04:54:01 pm »

She throws parties a lot.

Balancing weapons is going rather smoothly. Weapons have a more defined roll, and I've increased variety a little bit.

I will be adding two types of makeshift weapons. The first type are inferior makeshift weapons that can be quickly used to arm the masses. The second type is tier two weapons. So far I have the Limb Hacker (an axe takes a pole and a lawnmower blade) and I've improved the Makeshift Spear so it's better than the pitchfork. I also have made reactions to turn Vulpine weapons into normal weapons. A pole + Lawnmower Blade = Machete, Pole + Axe Head = Chop Axe. Rods are very good for melting down due to their material size.

I like the idea of using zombie weapons as it rewards the player for killing a few, but also makes them harder to make. I need more ideas and inspiration for both zombie weapons and makeshift tier 2 weapons.

I'd also like to add more weapons for both Desert Devils, Warlords, Thugs, and Reinheit. The Enlightened should get better armor.

I have rather mixed feelings for armor at the moment. On one hand armor is very weak, on the other hand despite engaging a siege of reinheit and thugs with a group of melee I've only suffered minor damage and no casualties (except for a few babies, the best armor of all) thus far.

If I do add better armor that the player can make, it will be exponentially more expensive. However it is tricky, I'd like armor and weapons to be available to all embarks.

One idea I have is to make Riot Helmets that cover the whole head. It would take a metal cap, raw clear glass, and plastic and make it into a metal riot helmet. It would fit under hats. Enlightened would bring these of course.

...On the other hand, I haven't had to much trouble with my current armor. I faced a bunch of Thugs and Reinheit in melee combat without any casualties and minor wounds. Granted bullets will flatten you and shells will tear you apart unless it hits some metal. So I could see a small boost such as Riot Helmet blocking 75 instead of the cap's 50 and such. However 100 seems like a little much.

***CORROSION v2.14***
Back from the Dead!
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 111