Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 226907 times)

Evil Bunny

• Bay Watcher
  • I meant to do that...
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [v1.1.13] ***34.11*** <<New Creature Graphics>>
« Reply #1620 on: October 08, 2016, 01:54:26 am »

Well since I don't see anyone else porting this over to the new versions any time soon, I went ahead and tortured myself trying to do it.

My limited modding knowledge and robust .txt editing skills have hopefully ported over everything intended and possibly even fixed a few things, now I can't promise everything will work 101% as intended (adventure mode somewhat untested), but an empty error log and a short play though ending bloodily in a 100+ seige of infected and some desert devils says it works well enough... probably.

43.03/.05 ASCII Version (built and tested somewhat in 43.03/.05) just merge and overwrite the data and raw folders in a fresh install or manually replace all the files directly into the their respective folders if merging the folders mucks something up.

If you notice anything wrong with it or any game breaking bugs (aside from the apparent "features" the mod normally has) let me know.

Also something I found while updating it, for some reason the last version uploaded by IT 000 had the Reinheit entity file erroneously named "enttiy"_reinheit.txt instead of "entity", took me a few damn hours trying to figure out why the hell those bastards wouldn't spawn.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 01:54:18 am by Evil Bunny »

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: October 08, 2016, 04:06:18 pm »

Good. Is it still prepackaged? Edit: Never mind, I actually read the post. Also, thank you, Evil Bunny. This is too interesting a mod to let it die and be forgotten. Second Edit: There seems to be an error for me when I try to start the game. It says, "data/init/interface.txt not found, or I/O error encountered". Is this port for the 64-bit version or 32-bit?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 04:36:03 pm by Asin »

Evil Bunny

• Bay Watcher
  • I meant to do that...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: October 08, 2016, 05:08:27 pm »

There seems to be an error for me when I try to start the game. It says, "data/init/interface.txt not found, or I/O error encountered". Is this port for the 64-bit version or 32-bit?

Well I just tested it on both 32 and 64 bit versions of legacy and sdl and the they all worked. The 64-bit legacy version did give me a missing fmod64.dll error for which I had to copy over the sdl version's fmod64.dll and then it worked.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: October 08, 2016, 05:16:25 pm »

Did you check each file?

Evil Bunny

• Bay Watcher
  • I meant to do that...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: October 08, 2016, 05:42:12 pm »

Did you check each file?

I don't know exactly what you mean by checking each file, if you mean while updating it then yes. I went through every file transfering all the content of the mod while adding in what was missing and removing what is no longer useable by the newer versions.

I even downloaded the mod again and it all worked. You might have a corrupted DF download or for some reason when you copied over the files instead of overwriting the files that needed overwritten, it overwrit the entire folder as a whole instead because there isn't even an interface.txt in the mod, you can try placing the files directly into the folders themself and see if that will help.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: October 08, 2016, 07:41:35 pm »

Here is what I did. I looked in the data and raw folders from the mod and replaced the original files with their Corrosion counterparts. Example: I got the original speech file, deleted it, and replaced it with the mod's version. I also did this with the init, objects, and other files and such. I have done this method with other total conversion mods like Rise of The Mushroom Kingdom and they worked fine.

Also, could you modify it for PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 02:51:37 pm by Asin »

Evil Bunny

• Bay Watcher
  • I meant to do that...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: October 09, 2016, 05:53:19 pm »

Also, could you modify it for PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack?

Should work with it, though choosing a new tileset will overwrite all the mod's raws and some things may use an odd looking tile or for the most part just use letters.

I can't guarantee the all of the utilities will work flawlessly but most of them should be fine, also ignore the error log of unrecognized tokens created at choosing an embark profile.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: October 09, 2016, 06:16:29 pm »

I checked a while ago and it worked for the starter pack fine. So, that's good.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: October 09, 2016, 06:28:01 pm »

I was going to come in here and yell at those darn kids necroing threads, only to be pleasantly surprised someone actually updated the mod itself. Well done!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Evil Bunny

• Bay Watcher
  • I meant to do that...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: October 23, 2016, 04:38:19 pm »

Seems that I left out the armor rarity values for privitation entity, which unfortunately means being unable to craft them in fortress mode.

Fixed and re-uploaded but the changes were in the entity file which means it needs a new world to work.

P.S. Seems I also left out the riot helmet in item_helm, fixed and re-re-uploaded so everything is probably fixed now... probably.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 05:04:00 pm by Evil Bunny »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: October 23, 2016, 04:39:35 pm »

Dang, someone actually did it? I hdn't touched it cause I was afraid of messing things up, but kudos!

GrandpuhTy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lowly Cowherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: October 24, 2016, 02:52:46 am »

Oh I love you <3

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: October 24, 2016, 01:19:39 pm »

hmm time to see if this mod can add some interactions and infections. nothing says fun than having to keep an eye out on people in case they get bitten.

edit: uhh small problem the mod kinda broke the item crafting for adventurers so they can't really make an stone axe to chop down wood.
considering if you some how get a sharp stone(sharp stone reaction is also busted) the construction of the stone axe will eat your supplies.
and because of this blocks off most of the adv reactions you can use, and leads to camp construction to having supplies before hand or getting lucky to find an axe somewhere.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 06:15:15 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Evil Bunny

• Bay Watcher
  • I meant to do that...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: November 11, 2016, 02:16:47 am »

Fixed adventure mode reactions and left in chop wood reaction due to a bug in 43.03 (fixed in later versions) that made stone axes unable to fell trees, also added the [ITEMS_WEAPON_RANGED] tag to cruicible steel like IT 000 was apparently planning to do to stop the starting ranged weapons from magmafying.

If you wish to update an adventure save just copy and replace the reaction_adv_mode_di.txt in your save folder's RAW folder, don't know if the [ITEMS_WEAPON_RANGED] tag added to cruicible steel in inorganic_metal.txt would cause any problems in a ongoing world though.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 02:18:37 am by Evil Bunny »

dantebelmondo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: November 13, 2016, 01:10:03 am »

Hi Bunny, there's an error in the creature_human_di. The mining skill rate of prisoner caste should be 125 instead of 15.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111