Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111]

Author Topic: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>  (Read 226908 times)

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: =-~Corrosion~-= [UPDATING] ***43.x (thanks Evil Bunny)*** <<Infected>>
« Reply #1650 on: May 14, 2017, 11:48:11 pm »

Does the 1% make it really slow for them to gain levels or really slow to actually mine out the rock? I like the latter. Perhaps keep the poisonous stone around, making it a semi-uncommon cluster spawn like ores? Or have ores occasionally be encapsulated in poisonous rock.

Unfortunately that just affects the learning speed. The idea being lower levels = slower speed. I cannot appear to cap the skill. Perhaps 1% is too stiff, but somewhere between 1-25% will be tested.

You have gotten me thinking though. Perhaps making the poisonous layers intermittent in regular stone and doing what you suggest, will allow for a more desirable result. Thanks for the feedback.

Another idea which I will be testing is making aquifers everywhere. I can reliably spawn aquifers almost everywhere in the world where soil is. This would make areas that would normally be rather undesirable for settling (colder environments, freezing environments, and mountains) suddenly rather ideal. Perhaps it will either be this or deadly stone, perhaps it will be a combination of both. More tests will be needed.

I like the changes you made to the animals and the farming. Took me a few forts to figure out how to properly keep my guys fed. I'll admit I lost a few forts to berserkers not being able to get their fix of KFC/Taco Bell, and losing all my seeds to the season change.

Good to hear! I'll make a concerted effort to update food before the first release.

... do you have any ideas for making new traps available?

I haven't touched traps /yet/ and they will likely remain vanilla in the first release. I am a fan of keeping traps under powered however the Desert Devils will likely receive a some special trap items. However, I am a little hesitant to devote an incredible amount of time towards traps because of this bug:

In 43.04 and 43.05, weapons suffer wear and eventually break. Trap components are not properly coded for this, and will cause the game to crash if they break, which can sometimes happen after hitting only about 4 invaders. It is recommended not to use trap components in the current version of the game.Bug:9888

WOO!  IT000 IS UPDATING THIS DEAR GOD THANK YOU!

Welcome back mate, I can't wait to suffer in the zombie wasteland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=031vKBPk5eA
Now there's a very familiar name. What was it? Didn't you add clothing in some of the earlier versions when clothing was optional? Glad to see you're still around :)

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

GrandpuhTy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lowly Cowherd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: May 15, 2017, 01:36:44 am »

Unfortunately that just affects the learning speed. The idea being lower levels = slower speed. I cannot appear to cap the skill. Perhaps 1% is too stiff, but somewhere between 1-25% will be tested.
Another idea which I will be testing is making aquifers everywhere. I can reliably spawn aquifers almost everywhere in the world where soil is. This would make areas that would normally be rather undesirable for settling (colder environments, freezing environments, and mountains) suddenly rather ideal. Perhaps it will either be this or deadly stone, perhaps it will be a combination of both. More tests will be needed.

There was one caste that learned mining and pump operating 25% faster, prisoner I think it was. If every other caste learned at 1% for mining, it'd make that caste a little more valuable for digging out underground forts and harvesting ores instead of being mainly militia fodder. Hmm... Do you think it'd be possible to give XP for clay/sand collection?

Good to hear! I'll make a concerted effort to update food before the first release.

Sweet! :D

In 43.04 and 43.05, weapons suffer wear and eventually break. Trap components are not properly coded for this, and will cause the game to crash if they break, which can sometimes happen after hitting only about 4 invaders. It is recommended not to use trap components in the current version of the game.Bug:9888

Huh. That's good to know. Is that just a problem with weapon traps or does that effect the screw press as well? I've noticed my game has been crashing in 43.03 every year it seems.

Really excited to see this being reborn again, been playing the 34.11 version for the past 5 years. I may just be a tiny bit obsessed >.>
« Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 01:43:03 am by GrandpuhTy »

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: May 19, 2017, 12:00:03 am »

Well, I've added quite a lot of features from the previous versions such as steel making, and fixed a lot of bugs. All the big stuff is ready to go for the 20th.

Plants and stuff has changed dramatically. Might have to take a second release to address it. The realistic plants mod looks interesting so I will likely reach out to him and see if I can use it in my mod.

EDIT : Fascinating, so in previous versions I extended the GROWDUR tag to make plants take a long time to grow. Looking over the raws, I would assume that this tag has since been replaced with [GROWTH_TIMING:0:59999] However the GROWDUR is still used in underground plants. Is GROWDUR replaced by GROWTH_TIMING? Or am I missing something? Might have to ask some other modders on the subject.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 03:15:21 am by IT 000 »

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: May 20, 2017, 02:00:30 pm »

Bang

***CORROSION v2.14***