Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Argh! Chess updated to v1.01  (Read 2062 times)

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
Argh! Chess updated to v1.01
« on: April 01, 2011, 10:19:43 pm »

So, after a years-long period of silence, Wilbert Chess released a hotfix today, updating his famous game.

Here's the entire changelog:
* Pawns may now move diagonally backwards in order to capture pieces

This is crap, people.  Crap.  I'm not asking for a major upgrade to realtime movement, but simultaneous turn-based would be nice instead of the current hotseat play.  The way-overpowered Queen unit badly needs rebalanced -- it's just too powerful in the hands of a skilled player.  And graphics?  Still monochromatic.  This patch doesn't even fix the en-passant exploit, or the move-two-units-at-once glitch known as castling.  Worse, this patch breaks the community mod called notation that allows play over the phone network.  And we still don't have the hats we were promised!

Download here.  There's no installer, so just extract over the top of your original game.  But I suggest keeping a backup of v1.0, because I kind of expect most players will stick with that version.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Argh! Chess updated to v1.01
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2011, 10:20:43 pm »

Wilbert Chess, eh? Uh huh. (It might have worked better if it had been "The International Something of Chess")
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive