Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Author Topic: Rockfalls the Depths of Volcanoes ~ The story of 20 dwarves in a pressure cooker  (Read 68144 times)

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile

\o/ Welcome back!  This has long been my favorite community fort.  I can't believe my dorf is still alive!

Actually, between the exploits of him and the other Catalyst over at Failcannon, I'm thoroughly impressed with all my dorfs. 

But NOT, mind you, as impressed as I am with your storytelling.  Thanks again for all the fantastic entertainment.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

Wait.... my dorf is married to Squadron Leader?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Theifofdreams

• Bay Watcher
  • Pay no attention to the Z
    • View Profile

Just found this today, and am thoroughly amused.
I'll take a dorf. A farmer, I think.

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile

Thanks guys. Ironically, the update came about because I've actually been too ill to work on what I'm meant to be doing. Hopefully I can keep the trend going, but without the debilitating flu virus.

Kisame is married to Squadron Leader and has two children, Vorthon and Maxrmk, one year old and three months old respectively. It's actually pretty hard to track all the relationships, especially since the surface just got another lot of migrants.

Karakzon, some of the Rockfalls dwarves are hardened to tragedy, so hopefully at least a few would survive a tantrum spiral.

Theifofdreams and NobodyPro, I'll dorf you soon.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile

unless its: dosent realy care about aything anymore, their is always ALWAYS chnce of tantrum spiral.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile

Amazing fort, I'd like to be dorfed as the next available child in the pressure cooker if possible.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter

how's the soapmaker shade doing? is he soapy fine?
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile

I just found this. I was worried when I reached that hiatus. Was worried it had died before I'd even read it. Glad to see it's up and kicking.
Really entertaining stuff, here. Especially the cracks at DF's various quirks. Like ghosts siring babies? (didn't know abotu that one)
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

helf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is the best story fort I've read in a long time!

I'd liked to be dorfed whenever. I don't care gender/age or if its a migrant or no. :)

I would like to be a mechanically inclined dwarf, though.
YOUR GAMES GLITCH: Hey, I got out of the map boundry!
OUR GAMES GLITCH: Hey, a horrid monstrosity just migrated to my fortress! Let's recruit it!

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile

♥♥♥ ~ Diary of Billy Bob, Jeweller ~ ♥♥♥

Today I am cutting gems and also, decorating them!

Stukos has been helping me and telling me what to do. He is really fun for a ghost! He can't hold tools but he has ***the best*** ideas.

I've been working all morning and afternoon! I am super hungry, but I keep going! Nobody has told me to stop yet.
The cheese pile is right nearby and the smell is driving me crazy!

Luckily I can fall into a pattern of work and write a list of all of Stukos's good ideas. It's really easy, what you do is, you cut the gem, and then you decorate the thing.

So work goes like this!

Hatch cover. Cut glass into dots, speckle on top.
Dog skull. Cut glass into circles, loop them around.
Coffin. Cut glass into sad faces, put decorations on handles.
Dog skull. Cut glass into squares, glue them onto teeth of dog skull.
Mechanism. Cut glass into spikes, encrust on surfaces. Listen to McClay. McClay yells: don't clog the hinge with glass next time, idiot.
Dog skull. Cut glass into little dwarf shapes, put in eye holes.
Iron arrow, from the crumbly body of that dead guy. Cut glass into little rings, loop them around.
Dog skull. Cut glass into shape of Squadron Leader becoming militia leader. Get shouted at for implying Squadron Leader is a 'bitch'. Cry. Throw skull into magma.
Floodgate. Encrust all surfaces with green glass. Wipe snot and tears off floodgate.
Dog skull. Cut glass into long, menacing spikes. Drive into bone, really hard. Glare tearfully at anyone who walks past.
Duckling. Apply glue, realise duckling should not be decorated with green glass. Return duckling to mother duck. Get pecked by furious mother duck. Try to unstick hand from duckling. Try to unstick duckling from mother duck. Get pecked again.
Dog skull. Cut glass into shape of angry duck. Get scared of green glass duck. Abandon.
Mechanism. Cut glass into very small diamonds. Encrust on surfaces. Don't clog the hinge this time.
Dog skull. Cut glass into shape of Goden bossing people around. Rethink. Cut shapes into small random shapes. Grind these up into even smaller bits. Cover dog skull in green glass glitter.
Iron arrow. Cut glass into big rings this time. Loop around the arrow. Get shouted at again, this time for ruining a perfectly good arrow. Run and hide in cheese pile.

mellonbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just noticed this thread was back on the front page.  Fantastic work.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Just noticed this thread was back on the front page.  Fantastic work.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Your spoiler has intrigued me, where is it from (aka referenced from?) first I giggled and said oh my, now im curious. Also great story lovin it, like McDonalds. But less explosive bathroo... yeah.

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just finished reading this thread. Awesome. One thing I can't tell; I usually stay out of the community games, since I assume they can't possibly top Boatmurdered. Are you guys doing the control a season thing, control a year thing, or is Dante running everything and you just post after he updates? How is this going?

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile

Just finished reading this thread. Awesome. One thing I can't tell; I usually stay out of the community games, since I assume they can't possibly top Boatmurdered. Are you guys doing the control a season thing, control a year thing, or is Dante running everything and you just post after he updates? How is this going?
Dante runs everything, if you didn't notice.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

helf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This is a single player story game. Not a Lets Play/Community Play.
YOUR GAMES GLITCH: Hey, I got out of the map boundry!
OUR GAMES GLITCH: Hey, a horrid monstrosity just migrated to my fortress! Let's recruit it!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17